Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General Injury Updates Thread

EastStreet

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Jason Spears said on his podcast he was told 2 to 3 weeks with Rhodes. Not a good situation.

is it two to 3 weeks from the time of the injury or from today ?  he was injured last week so if its from the time of the injury that could make next sunday around 2 week mark .  if its from today we are in trouble .

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I think we can all agree that Ballard has not done well supplying this team with solid CB depth. 

Now, we are one injury away (Ya-Sin, Moore, or Carrie) from getting destroyed by Seattle, LA, or Tennessee. 

All 3 teams have 2-headed monsters at WR. 

IDK. I think it's debatable. We have a great staring NB and CB1. Depth is pretty decent or even good. Only issue we have figuring out who is CB2. And you can't have pro-bowlers as depth lol. 

Clearly good/great

Moore - great waiver claim

Rhodes - great FA pick up

At minimum good depth/rotational

RYS - time will tell. Had a top 10 graded 2H of 2019, injured off and on all last year

Carrie - good FA find. very solid depth guy at both CB and NB. Probably a starting NB on a lot of teams. 

Rogers - still young but has flashed. size might hold him back but he's got good instincts and elite speed.

Don't know

Tell - who knows what will happen with this FS to CB conversion experiment. Opting out hurt him

BoPete - we have zero idea how he'll look in our system

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We better hope. Maybe Davenport can be better at RT but they will move Donald over on him I bet. But it’s not thd blind side so QB can see it coming more quickly.

Donald mainly plays 3T in a 4 man front and 5T in a 3 man front. Since Raheem Morris is now their DC, I'd expect more 4 man fronts than 3 man, so Donald would be more likely to go up against Q, Kelly, or Glow. I imagine we could see him at 5T taking on tackles, but who knows if Morris has changed their scheme to utilize more 4 man fronts like he has used in the past (came from a Tampa 2 system) or if he wants to keep some of Brandon Staley's 3-4 scheme (aka Wade Phillips' scheme).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Donald mainly plays 3T in a 4 man front and 5T in a 3 man front. Since Raheem Morris is now their DC, I'd expect more 4 man fronts than 3 man, so Donald would be more likely to go up against Q, Kelly, or Glow. I imagine we could see him at 5T taking on tackles, but who knows if Morris has changed their scheme to utilize more 4 man fronts like he has used in the past (came from a Tampa 2 system) or if he wants to keep some of Brandon Staley's 3-4 scheme (aka Wade Phillips' scheme).

Last night during the bears game they moved Donald all around the line. Even on the right side.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Laara Overton mentioned on the colts official podcast that Leonard came off the field limping several times and got his ankle re taped. I thought he fixed it back in June.  Might have AI ething to do with how bad he played. Not good if he isn’t 100%.

Q's bad back, Leonard's ankle, Smith's foot, Kelly's elbow.
  And we are just getting started.
 It is a learning year for Wentz and his young receivers. Lower expectations, and take lots of deep breaths and count to 10 as we struggle to perform to our hopes, for at least these first 5 games.
 The football Gods are blowing real headwinds our way. Just part of it!
  Go Colts!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Honestly might as well… Give all your key guys a bye week and go beat the Titans.

I don’t like it but the fact Titans are playing Seattle and will probably be 0-2 also I say just  do it. Just have to play a vanilla game and just run the ball so you don’t get Wentz injured. We will see what happens tomorrow. But it’s not looking good. 

• Like 1