Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury News Is Encouraging From Training Camp

King Colt

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Whats the latest on Dayo and Fisher?

Any news?

Both on PUP.

Dayo will likely start the season on PUP.

They are likely trying to get FIsher off PUP before game 1.

FWIW, if a player starts the year on PUP, they can't practice or play the first 6 weeks.

17 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was discussed in today’s TC thread

Injuries (the topic in general), should have it's own thread IMO. Not saying this is it... Too many folks create threads daily/weekly on the topic every time there's a add, change in condition, or just have a question when there's not been any news for a while. And the TC threads aren't really the answer as you have to dig through them, if your simply trying to get an injury update.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Injuries (the topic in general), should have it's own thread IMO. Not saying this is it... Too many folks create threads daily/weekly on the topic every time there's a add, change in condition, or just have a question when there's not been any news for a while. And the TC threads aren't really the answer as you have to dig through them, if your simply trying to get an injury update.

Eh, this forum is regulated more than any other I've seen .... I think it's fine.... But, that could be due to the regulation.....lol

1 hour ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Eh, this forum is regulated more than any other I've seen .... I think it's fine.... But, that could be due to the regulation.....lol

This is one of the last hold outs of public NFL forums. ESPN shut their forum down years ago. I think that is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

This is one of the last hold outs of public NFL forums. ESPN shut their forum down years ago. I think that is a good thing.

I have been on other teams website football forums and there are several where nobody posts for days. This is by far the busiest football forum I have ever seen. I was a member over at ESPN from 2009-2012, it was super busy but you had tons of trolling on the game threads. In 2013 ESPN made it where you couldn't post no more. ESPN used to be the best sports network but it has went way down hill since around that time. Mike and Mike was their best show and they even broke that up and Golic was fired.

8 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

It's moderated tightly in some ways (behavior and rules), but isn't moderated much from a content/structure/organizational perspective.

For instance, anytime someone farts, there's a new thread. Anytime there's a rumor, or even a hypothetical article, there's a new thread. On boards that are tighter for instance, there's a single/separate thread for every player, and all things/news about that player goes into that one thread. It makes it very easy to revisit things about that player. On this board, not even close. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been on other teams website football forums and there are several where nobody posts for days. This is by far the busiest football forum I have ever seen. I was a member over at ESPN from 2009-2012, it was super busy but you had tons of trolling on the game threads. In 2013 ESPN made it where you couldn't post no more. ESPN used to be the best sports network but it has went way down hill since around that time. Mike and Mike was their best show and they even broke that up and Golic was fired.

Bro I'm not tryna crosspost and derail the thread but that was the best Radio platform going.

Also topics from ESPN FORUM: How to Merge into traffic?
Turn on your left directional signal.... lol That's why they shut it down.

Why are there green stickers on the back of the QBs head?
It means there is a receiver in the helmet. LOL. I remember those days all too well.

I live the discussions we have here. Lot of smart, passionate football people. Good stuff.

10 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

Bro I'm not tryna crosspost and derail the thread but that was the best Radio platform going.

It means there is a receiver in the helmet. LOL. I remember those days all too well.

I live the discussions we have here. Lot of smart, passionate football people. Good stuff.

I remember the SB Game Thread in 2009 which I posted on a lot over at ESPN. After we lost it was flooded with Pats fans saying Manning was a choker lol. That thread had around 10,000 posts in just a few days. I also posted a lot on the 4th and 2 game thread, that was fun listening to Pats fans whine. I was enjoying myself on that thread haha 

5 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

I've spent a lot of time on three college forums, both tightly maintained from a content/org standpoint. One was a lot more lax on rules and non-team content. Good and bad from both.

There are a lot of worthless threads here, they just cycle off the front page lol... There's also non-Colt content in other places, but don't think it gets a lot of traffic. I did like the non-team content on one of the other boards, but it also had some major flaws.

We have great mods here too. Some boards, not so much.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've spent a lot of time on three college forums, both tightly maintained from a content/org standpoint. One was a lot more lax on rules and non-team content. Good and bad from both.

There are a lot of worthless threads here, they just cycle off the front page lol... There's also non-Colt content in other places, but don't think it gets a lot of traffic. I did like the non-team content on one of the other boards, but it also had some major flaws.

We have great mods here too. Some boards, not so much.

The Baseball thread here is great just not much posting in there right now. The Cubs stink again as well but it is a nice get away from the football threads. Everyone gets along in there. That thread has been super busy at times off and on since 2016.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Baseball thread here is great just not much posting in there right now. The Cubs stink again as well but it is a nice get away from the football threads. Everyone gets along in there. That thread has been super busy at times off and on since 2016.

I think I might start looking more at the non-Colts, and non-sports threads. 

Not sure a lot of folks even know there are different sections lol..... 

I'll have to explore a little, as I rarely venture off the front page except for the game day thread and during the draft. 

I wish we had an option to select our own individual front pages, with threads from multiple sections. Like having a view with all the front page Colts stuff, plus general NFL, plus whatever. On one board, all the content was on the the front page, and you can go to the sub-forum if you just want certain content.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think I might start looking more at the non-Colts, and non-sports threads. 

Not sure a lot of folks even know there are different sections lol..... 

I'll have to explore a little, as I rarely venture off the front page except for the game day thread and during the draft. 

I wish we had an option to select our own individual front pages, with threads from multiple sections. Like having a view with all the front page Colts stuff, plus general NFL, plus whatever. On one board, all the content was on the the front page, and you can go to the sub-forum if you just want certain content.

Yeah we kept the same baseball thread going from 2016-2020 haha . There was over 400 pages of all kinds of great read. @Myles started a new one this season but still quite of bit of great posting and a lot about baseball history brought up. If one isn't into baseball they obviously wouldn't care for it but we have several in here that are.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we kept the same baseball thread going from 2016-2020 haha . There was over 400 pages of all kinds of great read. @Myles started a new one this season but still quite of bit of great posting and a lot about baseball history brought up. If one isn't into baseball they obviously wouldn't care for it but we have several in here that are.

The Indiana History is still pinned but closed to comments

A very good read

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Perhaps we could get one of the mods to agree to sticky a single thread on the front page called "Other topics" where we could link new non-Colts threads, That way folks could click into the thread, and at least know other conversations are going on, and can click the link if interested. I wouldn't mind getting a best TV shows and/or Movies thread going. I love getting good recommendations lol. And I like "Top 10 xxxx" threads ranking different things. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Perhaps we could get one of the mods to agree to sticky a single thread on the front page called "Other topics" where we could link new non-Colts threads, That way folks could click into the thread, and at least know other conversations are going on, and can click the link if interested. I wouldn't mind getting a best TV shows and/or Movies thread going. I love getting good recommendations lol. And I like "Top 10 xxxx" threads ranking different things. 

@NFLfan would probably do that, she is into music as well. It would be tough for me to list a top 10 all-time show, movie, and song list because there are so many different types. It would be fun trying though.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan would probably do that, she is into music as well. It would be tough for me to list a top 10 all-time show, movie, and song list because there are so many different types. It would be fun trying though.

Yup, fun exercises. And good stuff to keep traffic on the site in the off season, or when the team is losing lol... Hoping we don't have the losing type of an environment... :headspin:

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not clear on exactly what you would like us to do.  However, if you are looking for non-football threads, you may go to the Miscellaneous section. Only members who sign in have access to that section. You can create any thread. We had a member here who used to post his own reviews of movies. 

https://forums.colts.com/forum/7-misc-discussions/

Anyway, back to topic. 

10 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

Most of the action is on reddit now. The nfl general reddit got 1000s of posts on the jags saints game last night, real games get more.  The team sub pages are all busy too

They are moderated but you can say a lot that you cant here

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

You can create one and we could pin it. If someone is looking for injury news on the forum, then they can click on that thread. Thanks. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You can create one and we could pin it. If someone is looking for injury news on the forum, then they can click on that thread. Thanks. 

Cool...

I'll post later this evening. I'll make the first post a run down of current injuries, and add your handle so you'll be prompted.

Archived