Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 8-8/6

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think I need to find another team to root for. It’s so damn exhausting when every year there is drama and fans fighting with this team. Every year it’s something else with this team. I have been trying to keep negativity out of my life the last year and it was working great. I just can’t handle it anymore. 

Every fan base has negative nellies.  You just have to ignore it.  My advice, use the ignore function for people who really get on your nerves.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Every fan base has negative nellies.  You just have to ignore it.  My advice, use the ignore function for people who really get on your nerves.

Oh I have done that. It’s just not fans. This last year I have tried really hard to keep negative stuff as far away as possible. It was effecting my mental state last year .  I just want the season to start so we can stop speculating on who will play QB or who should we trade for. I am really just venting. It’s getting really hard being s colt fan with drama around this team every year.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Oh I have done that. It’s just not fans. This last year I have tried really hard to keep negative stuff as far away as possible. It was effecting my mental state last year .  I just want the season to start so we can stop speculating on who will play QB or who should we trade for. I am really just venting. It’s getting really hard being s colt fan with drama around this team every year.

That’s sports.  All teams have drama.  Listen to the coach.  Until Frank says there is a QB competition or the Colts show there is one by playing Sam with the ones there isn’t one.  Eason is the starter until Wentz gets back everything else is just noise that can be ignored until the Colts give you a reason not to ignore it.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s sports.  All teams have drama.  Listen to the coach.  Until Frank says there is a QB competition or the Colts show there is one by playing Sam with the ones there isn’t one.  Eason is the starter until Wentz gets back everything else is just noise that can be ignored until the Colts give you a reason not to ignore it.  

I really don’t care who plays QB if Wentz can’t go as long as we win. But the back and forth and the media trying to create a story that isn’t there yet  is just getting to me.  We need the season to start.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I really don’t care who plays QB if Wentz can’t go as long as we win. But the back and forth and the media trying to create a story that isn’t there yet  is just getting to me.  We need the season to start.

Ignore them.  How many times has someone in the media say they cheer for storylines?  It is what it is but can also be ignored.  Just remember no matter what they say Frank isn’t going to make decisions based on them.  So they can scream QB controversy all they want it doesn’t mean there is one.  

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I think I need to find another team to root for. It’s so damn exhausting when every year there is drama and fans fighting with this team. Every year it’s something else with this team. I have been trying to keep negativity out of my life the last year and it was working great. I just can’t handle it anymore. 

You aren't going anywhere, you love the Colts too much to do that, you would miss all of us friendly people in here too lol. I think you post more than anyone in here. I used to post a lot but not as much anymore. Thanks for all the updates surrounding camp by the way.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Are you kidding? Fandom will never be all rainbows and sunshine. It’s the lows that make the highs that much better. It’ll be okay.

Maybe take a break from social media for a bit? I promise you it’s not that bad.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here we go again.   The media does not operate as one big group.   Each media outlet makes its own independent decisions.   They don’t take a group vote to decide the topic of the day.

But QB is the most important position in sports.  Not just football, but all of sports.  And our QB situation is fluid, at best.  There are questions to be asked.   Nothing needs to be cooled. 

You’re going to have to adapt to the position we’re all in.   Our situation is unsolved until it’s solved.   And it until that time comes, we’re all in for a bumpy ride.   Deal with it. 

The 9 or 10 on the major clubs in European soccer is the most important position in sports.

I’ve noticed you are pretty self confident with the ole keyboard.  

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Don't take it personally.

Everyone appreciates the work you do pulling together all this information, it's a time saver and it's awesome.

However, you understand that fandom is essentially FANATICISM right? I dont know if you were a fan in the 90s but people always find stuff to complain about. The golden era was the days of Manning, and if you think the arguments then were not fierce, you'd be mistaken. When Jim Irsay spoke of 'star wars numbers', that line was pulled directly from an argument fans had been having for years (actually fans AND the media).

Folks will argue, it's part of it all. Best advice I can give, don't take it personal, gird your mind ie know that this will happen no matter what, and lastly as someone mentioned, if it gets too mentally stressful, BLOCK folks. Block me if i'm mentally messing with you. It's your mental state you know. There're different reasons for fandom but it shouldn't be a mental downer, at least not a major one. If that becomes the case, it's time to effect big changes.

All that said, this is what fandom is, with EVERY fanbase. Go through the Bucs fanbase from last year and you'll see it. The Chiefs? I assure you, it happens. People will disagree. Many fans come on boards and forums for community but also to debate. It is what it is. You have to know that as fact. People generally don't get on a forum to sing praises and cheer every single thing their team/players do. If anything, I think this forum is mild. haha

11 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This last year or so has been hard on most everyone. 
 We are together on that. 
  Luck quiting on us, the Jacoby experiment being a failure, has been hard to handle.
 The team has been built really well in the meantime, and Rivers ended up being a positive outcome, with much thanks to his and Reichs past.
 We can all agree this Wentz injury is way to deja-vuey, but oh well. It happened 5 weeks before the season starts and that is a good thing all in all.
 With so many really young players, and the leagues toughest early schedule we were up against it anyway.  Running game, defense, and special teams are in good shape. IMO. 
 I see us going 9-3 on the back end and being Hot going into the Playoffs!
Being optimistic now is just that easy. 

18 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical when I was watching his game tape from Charleston, because it is really really hard to figure out what would translate to the NFL when you are watching him play against 150 lbs corners who will never play football again after they leave college and mauling them for contested balls. 

But ever since rookie camp videos started trickling down to us and started seeing him next to and against actual NFL players, I've been getting more and more hyped about him. He just looks the part all the way through. He looks huge, he plays huge... and there is certain explosiveness and movement skill that just screams an athlete... NFL athlete... at this size... there is huge potential. I really don't want to be getting my hopes too high because like others pointed out earlier in this thread - we've seen training camp moster WRs who never amount to anything... but he's actually doing things against our best corners... against corners with size and physicality, CBs with actual pro-bowl resumes. This is not what Cain was doing several years ago against the third stringers IMO. 

I really hope this is not just a mirage. :goodluck:

edit: oh, btw new profile pic to reflect my mood and newfound hopes. :P 

I share your enthusiasm  ...... trying to be tempered   :)

This guy has locked down the last WR spot.... IMHO... 

17 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Thanks for posting these. BTW...despite some soft skinned newbie fans opinions...im not a troll....been a Colts fan for 50 + years..so, just because my opinions may differ , it does not = troll. 

So many keyboard warriors out there bro.  Don’t let em stifle your speech.  BTW I think you are way off base about JB.  But I wholeheartedly agree with you that Eason is almost certainly not the answer.  That was JBs issue.  Slow processor =not good enough to be an NFL starter on a contender.

Eason had that label in college and was a 4th rounder despite elite size and arm talent in a league starving for talent.

19 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

No I have patience.  I don’t get concerned with something that hasn’t happened. I am getting tired of all the gloom when we haven’t played a game yet. Eason is basically a rookie having to shake 2 years of rust off. 

Great for you Wentzy but some of us look at your ideas of gloomy as simply realistic.  I mean dude our top 5 or so players other than Buck aren’t practicing right now.  Our best unit is in tatters and Sam Tevi is . . . .eesh.

13 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

For what its worth...... I personally GREATLY appreciate your keeping everyone up to date on camp and other news

I live in Texas, and if it isnt Cowboys news ....... it isnt getting to print very often

As an added note.....

Don't let people that are just nasty folks at heart impact you........ 

Unfortunately, its THEIR personal issues and shortcomings that flow from a broken person to a fan board like this..........

Archived