Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Future LT will be one of the following

The fact is...... all of them our decent prospects, in most years, there seem to be half the number of viable OTs

If we ended up with a DE that we could plug into a rotation and apply pressure a LT that could be on the field at least by midpoint of the season

Id be happy

Im even warming up to Leatherwood. (In the second)....  Who is a mad run blocker, but needs work on pass sets

Without the expected trade:

Give me Cosmi in round 1 and Turner or Weaver or Perkins in round 2

Im a happy camper

With the expected trade:

Give me Eich or Radunz in 1st/early 2nd

and the DEs above choice

AND..... BPA with the added pick (3rd).... I think ANOTHER developmental DE (Sample) would be a great choice

Walker LIttle was at 8.94... 

I wonder if this is predictive though. How many OL have we taken in the first 150 picks - 3 and NONE of them were drafted as OTs? That's nowhere near big enough sample to make that determination, but in general yeah - Ballard likes athletic players, and the higher in the draft they are taken the more likely it is they will be more athletic. 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Walker LIttle was at 8.94... 

I wonder if this is predictive though. How many OL have we taken in the first 150 picks - 3 and NONE of them were drafted as OTs? That's nowhere near big enough sample to make that determination, but in general yeah - Ballard likes athletic players, and the higher in the draft they are taken the more likely it is they will be more athletic. 

I’m thinking Little is going to be the pick.  Close enough on the RAS and a little under the radar.  Many analysts think, BR for one, that he could be the steal of the draft.  He strikes me as a Ballard like pick.  No one will see it coming.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m thinking Little is going to be the pick.  Close enough on the RAS and a little under the radar.  Many analysts think, BR for one, that he could be the steal of the draft.  He strikes me as a Ballard like pick.  No one will see it coming.  

Anything written on meetings with Colts?

Anything that ties them together?

1 minute ago, Dr. T said:

For what it's work, Brown also reportedly struggled in the senior Bowl.

He may be a RT only

I think he slides a bit

That would be my list as well, before the RAS scores. 

I see Leatherwood has made an appearance again.  He's got the arm length and apparent athleticism.  Don't know why so many were talking about him as a RT or a G.

The projection of Eichenberg to RT makes more sense now.  I think his arms are shorter than 33 inches also.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

You would lol

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

One problem with Little is that he had a knee injury and has not played any meaningful snaps since the beginning of the 2019 season.

2 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

One problem with Little is that he had a knee injury and has not played any meaningful snaps since the beginning of the 2019 season.

That's not a serious concern for me.  That's over two years ago.  Ballard's not afraid to sign players with a prior injury.  And this one is an old one. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe but I just saw a proposed trade with Cleveland where we trade back to pick 26 and take a tackle.  I think there is a good chance we trade back and do just that.  

If they did it wouldn't be for Little 

1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

If Little is picked by the Colts, it would be in round 2, not 1.

I agree with this as well.  For this scenario, I would think the Colts went Edge in the 1st and picked up Little or possibly Eichenberg in the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I agree with this as well.  For this scenario, I would think the Colts went Edge in the 1st and picked up Little or possibly Eichenberg in the 2nd.

I have a hard time seeing any ER that is available at 21 being BPA over the remaining LT’s or WR’s still on the board.  Those are the strongest two classes.  

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:
56 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I have a hard time seeing any ER that is available at 21 being BPA over the remaining LT’s or WR’s still on the board.  Those are the strongest two classes.  

I can't disagree with you on that Richard.  I should clarify by saying if one of the highly regarded Edge Rushers is there, I see the Colts grabbing them.  If not, I do see Ballard going BPA in the first ( that eliminates position).  I see him zeroing in on one of the LT's in the 2nd if they aren't the BPA in the first.   

14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

What would you prefer 

Cosmi 21

EDGE at 54 (just pick your favorite)

Paye 21

Radunz 54

The second.  But I personally don't believe for a second that Radunz would be available at 54.  Not so sure about Cosmi or Paye being there at 21 either...

Archived