Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF latest 3 Round Mock

2 minutes ago, craigerb said:

I like them both too but wouldn't gamble on trading down.

Yeah, that's a definite risk. I'd be nervous for sure.

Looks like this mock didn't give us an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd, so it had to be a future pick (either a 1 or 2) which I'm all for. After this crazy year and limited scouting, I'm all for trading back this year to stock up on picks next year when (hopefully) the staff will be able to do more with the prospects.

8 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Looks like this mock didn't give us an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd, so it had to be a future pick (either a 1 or 2) which I'm all for. After this crazy year and limited scouting, I'm all for trading back this year to stock up on picks next year when (hopefully) the staff will be able to do more with the prospects.

If we trade back and gain that extra pick or stay put and draft what we have I believe our scouts will still nail the expected "starters" in this draft. The "Starters" being the LT and one of the DE's.......the rest is depth and competition as outside of maybe WR and move TE there are no 'real' starting positions available.

There are several LT's that can be drafted to be day 1 starters, especially with Nelson able to clean up a mistake or two AND Wentz's ability to escape the pocket (much like Luck). Those two factors are HUGE.

Tyquan Lewis has shown that he is a competent defensive end in our scheme, much more so than a defensive tackle, line him up on the strong side like Sheard/Autry and he will be fine. Isaac Rochell as his back-up for running downs and "HOPEFULLY" the light comes back on for Banogu and he can be the designated pass rusher.

The rush end side we need to hit on one, if not two draft picks in my mind.......a combination of a edge setter with a little bend in Basham/Odeyingbo/Turner and a bendy guy to push Turay and Banogu like a Jordan Smith/Elerson Smith/Shaka Toney/Quincy Roche/Chris Rumph type. 

I would literally go LT-DE-DE with my first three picks if I were running this draft. Why, those are the most important NEEDS.

Wants after that, a move TE in the 4th like Tommy Tremble, Tre McKitty, Quinton Morris, and Kylen Granson - keeping in mind we have Jordan Thomas and Andrew Vollert on the roster now too.

Then a field stretching receiver in the 5th like Marquez Stevenson, Jaelen Darden (very TY like in stature and ability), Tamorrion "Scary" Terry, Anthony Schwartz, Simi Feheko, and Isaiah McKoy.

As far as I'm concerned with the return of Skai Moore and the continued growth of EJ Speed we don't really need any drafted new blood at LB.

Same thing at safety with Odum back, Milligan returning from COVID and the offseason additions of Roderick Teamer and Nick Nelson we COULD go into the season with those fella's and be fine. Teamer's rookie season shows he can play that Geathers role better than Wilson could last year - in my humble opinion of course.

Corner we could perhaps spend some draft capitol on since Rhodes is now a year older, a 6th rounder like a Mukuamu/Trill Williams/Bynum/Taylor to add to Rhodes/RYS/Moore/Tell/Rodgers would be nice.

The 7th round pick can be whatever project that floats the coaching staffs boat, probably another tackle like Larnel Coleman or Tommy Doyle. Doubling down on the two most important positions of need - DE and OT

Just my two cents at least

16 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Yep I was trying to figure that out as well.  We would need a MINIMUM of 140 pts per the value chart so if it was THIS year it would be their 3rd AND 4th.  I agree if it was next year's it would likely be a 2nd.  

20 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If we trade back and gain that extra pick or stay put and draft what we have I believe our scouts will still nail the expected "starters" in this draft. The "Starters" being the LT and one of the DE's.......the rest is depth and competition as outside of maybe WR and move TE there are no 'real' starting positions available.

There are several LT's that can be drafted to be day 1 starters, especially with Nelson able to clean up a mistake or two AND Wentz's ability to escape the pocket (much like Luck). Those two factors are HUGE.

Tyquan Lewis has shown that he is a competent defensive end in our scheme, much more so than a defensive tackle, line him up on the strong side like Sheard/Autry and he will be fine. Isaac Rochell as his back-up for running downs and "HOPEFULLY" the light comes back on for Banogu and he can be the designated pass rusher.

The rush end side we need to hit on one, if not two draft picks in my mind.......a combination of a edge setter with a little bend in Basham/Odeyingbo/Turner and a bendy guy to push Turay and Banogu like a Jordan Smith/Elerson Smith/Shaka Toney/Quincy Roche/Chris Rumph type. 

I would literally go LT-DE-DE with my first three picks if I were running this draft. Why, those are the most important NEEDS.

Wants after that, a move TE in the 4th like Tommy Tremble, Tre McKitty, Quinton Morris, and Kylen Granson - keeping in mind we have Jordan Thomas and Andrew Vollert on the roster now too.

Then a field stretching receiver in the 5th like Marquez Stevenson, Jaelen Darden (very TY like in stature and ability), Tamorrion "Scary" Terry, Anthony Schwartz, Simi Feheko, and Isaiah McKoy.

As far as I'm concerned with the return of Skai Moore and the continued growth of EJ Speed we don't really need any drafted new blood at LB.

Same thing at safety with Odum back, Milligan returning from COVID and the offseason additions of Roderick Teamer and Nick Nelson we COULD go into the season with those fella's and be fine. Teamer's rookie season shows he can play that Geathers role better than Wilson could last year - in my humble opinion of course.

Corner we could perhaps spend some draft capitol on since Rhodes is now a year older, a 6th rounder like a Mukuamu/Trill Williams/Bynum/Taylor to add to Rhodes/RYS/Moore/Tell/Rodgers would be nice.

The 7th round pick can be whatever project that floats the coaching staffs boat, probably another tackle like Larnel Coleman or Tommy Doyle. Doubling down on the two most important positions of need - DE and OT

Just my two cents at least

You'll get no argument from me or likely many members of the Board when it comes to either LT or DE with the first two picks. Personally, if the right DE is there, you take him over anyone else. 

However, no chance they take two DEs in the first three picks. Not when you need another TE, WR, CB, S and DT. Too many holes to fill. Plus, I still expect the Colts to grab another DE in free agency....possibly Houston, hopefully Dunlop or Clowney.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

I got a B for Colt nations.

21,,..Surtain ll ,CB ,Alabama-… ...…..........A-

54....Eichenberg,-OT ,Notre Dame...……...C+

127..Patrick Jones, DE, Pitt...……………….C+

165..Tamorrion Terry, WR, FSU...………….B+

206..Cole Van Laden, T, Wisc...…………….C+

248..Amari Gainer, LB, FSU...……………….B+

Indianapolis Colts...…………………………..B.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, danlhart87 said:

I wish it showed what Colts got in trade 

I went through that twice to see where the add'l pick landed. Based on the value chart, that should be at least NO's pick at the end of the 3rd.

Honestly I'm not as high on alot of the "household name" Tackles as alot of people are. Eichenberg just screams "average" to me. Leatherwood has a very high ceiling, but I don't like his hands or punch, and his motor at times I question alot. My top tackles that could realistically make it us are:

1: Cosmi

2. Radunz

3. Slater

4. Spencer Brown

Man that's a crazy mock. I probably sound like a broken record at this point but Minny passing on an Edge guy to add another Tackle? I know people have some questions about Paye's production but I don't think Michigan used him correctly either. He didn't have a chance to stay in one spot and really develop. Plus, this has the Colts trading back with him still on the board. To me that's almost like 2018 when Pittsburgh whiffed on Lamar Jackson. Not that Edmunds is a bad safety, but he's not a game changer.

Archived