Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft Pundits = *s

So I've been reading these mock drafts lately, as a lot of us have I would presume and you would not believe some of the off-based reasons for picking a player I've read.....outside of (currently) needing a LT these are some of the absurd ones:

1. Having Rhodes on one side is nice, but the Colts need someone opposite of him.

Okay, so the first things that stands out is that they don't realize Rhodes is a FA. Secondly, while RYS had some bumps last year he is still a better starter than quite a few Corners in this league.....plus have Moore, Rodgers (who showed some savvy last year) and Tell coming back from Covid.

AKA they were lazy and did zero research.

2. The Colts could use some better depth at Linebacker.

The starters are in place in Leonard and Okereke and the depth is Speed, Franklin, Adams and Glasgow. Speed is the one the coaching staff thinks will break out by inheriting Walkers snaps, who will be gone as a free agent. He needed a couple years to learn the speed of the NFL while having the same measurables as Leonard and Okereke including good instincts. Now he will get to display them. Plus, Adams and Franklin are ST studs and still have another year under contract.

3. And here is the kicker........Malik Hooker is leaving via free agency so he needs replaced.

Wow. Just wow. We were beat up for drafting Blackmon in the 3rd Round as an injured player and despite that he was right up there in the DROY rankings as a Free Safety, Malik Hookers position. Wow. Do we need a safety or two for depth, yes, but we don't need to replace a starter who's was replaced already last year when they declined the 5th year option and openly drafted his replacement in the 3rd round. 

These pundits are *s and if they are that lazy in selecting our players in mock drafts then they are that lazy with every other team as well.

Anyone read some other lazy analysis like these and care to share for a good laugh!??!

Exactly what do you expect? 

We as fans don't have a whole drafting crew to keep us up all year.

Where were you in these mock drafts? 

Most all have jobs to work and don't do this for a living. It is just for fun and it is not taken that serious. 

Cant you find something a little more meaningful to complain about? 

2 hours ago, Franchise said:

So I've been reading these mock drafts lately, as a lot of us have I would presume and you would not believe some of the off-based reasons for picking a player I've read.....outside of (currently) needing a LT these are some of the absurd ones:

1. Having Rhodes on one side is nice, but the Colts need someone opposite of him.

Okay, so the first things that stands out is that they don't realize Rhodes is a FA. Secondly, while RYS had some bumps last year he is still a better starter than quite a few Corners in this league.....plus have Moore, Rodgers (who showed some savvy last year) and Tell coming back from Covid.

The starters are in place in Leonard and Okereke and the depth is Speed, Franklin, Adams and Glasgow. Speed is the one the coaching staff thinks will break out by inheriting Walkers snaps, who will be gone as a free agent. He needed a couple years to learn the speed of the NFL while having the same measurables as Leonard and Okereke including good instincts. Now he will get to display them. Plus, Adams and Franklin are ST studs and still have another year under contract.

3. And here is the kicker........Malik Hooker is leaving via free agency so he needs replaced.

Wow. Just wow. We were beat up for drafting Blackmon in the 3rd Round as an injured player and despite that he was right up there in the DROY rankings as a Free Safety, Malik Hookers position. Wow. Do we need a safety or two for depth, yes, but we don't need to replace a starter who's was replaced already last year when they declined the 5th year option and openly drafted his replacement in the 3rd round. 

These pundits are *s and if they are that lazy in selecting our players in mock drafts then they are that lazy with every other team as well.

Anyone read some other lazy analysis like these and care to share for a good laugh!??!

Who are you talking about?

Posters here doing a mock?

Or media doing a Colts mock? 

Inquiring minds are asking?  

17 hours ago, Franchise said:

You have to realize though, that that is not a smart way to approach corner. You don’t know if Rhodes will be back, Rodgers is 5’8” so only a nickel (same with Kenny), and Tell was a project a a corner convert who played safety in college. That’s not nearly enough to be “set” at corner. You can’t pass on upgrades for a position groups while betting on a bunch of question marks.

43 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You have to realize though, that that is not a smart way to approach corner. You don’t know if Rhodes will be back, Rodgers is 5’8” so only a nickel (same with Kenny), and Tell was a project a a corner convert who played safety in college. That’s not nearly enough to be “set” at corner. You can’t pass on upgrades for a position groups while betting on a bunch of question marks.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe Rodgers is listed at 5’10”.   Same as Kenny Moore.   I’ve never seen him referenced as 5’8” before.

Just wanted to clarify.   As to everything else, carry on...    sorry to interrupt. 

So mock drafts at this time of year are fun, but shouldnt be taken with any level of seriousness. We haven't had any type of pro days, and free agency doesn't start for another week. Two weeks before the draft is the optimal time for mocks.

18 hours ago, Franchise said:

Are you talking about this Forum mocks or National mocks?

Anyway, most of the mocks are very similar:

Mock1

Rd.1- LT

Rd.2- Edge

Rd.4- CB

Mock 2

Rd.1-Edge

Rd.2-T

Rd.4-WR

And let's not forget about trading back to recoup a draft pick to make up for the Wentz trade. 

haha

On 2/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Most all have jobs to work and don't do this for a living. It is just for fun and it is not taken that serious. 

Pundits as far as my recollection has always referred to the media folks.....wow, a lot of folks in an uproar over nothing!

10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The "pundit" wrote his statement as if Rhodes were still on the team and not a street free agent. I was not saying we are set, we have talent. However, the premise was that the national pundit didn't even know Rhodes is a street free agent!

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Are you talking about this Forum mocks or National mocks?

Anyway, most of the mocks are very similar:

Mock1

Rd.1- LT

Rd.2- Edge

Rd.4- CB

Mock 2

Rd.1-Edge

Rd.2-T

Rd.4-WR

And let's not forget about trading back to recoup a draft pick to make up for the Wentz trade. 

haha

National mocks, of course!

On 2/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

He said pundits so I do think he is referring to us. Haha

Archived