Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts podcast

CR91

Here are the cliff notes

- Colts and Rhodes wanna get a deal done.

- Autry and Carrie are right after Rhodes on the re-sign list

- They believe Ballard's main focus in free agency is to improve the pass rush and that LT makes more sense to address in the draft. 

- Colts would like to get Hilton back, but will allow him to test the market.

- They don't think the colts will bring back Houston and Mohammed.

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Here are the cliff notes

- They believe Ballard's main focus in free agency is to improve the pass rush and that LT makes more sense to address in the draft. 

That is very good news with Rhodes. Carrie is a great leader and provided good depth. Get Autry signed and pick up one more pass rusher in FA.

With Wentz here now I hope we get Hilton back. He fits Hilton much better then Rivers. Wentz stretches the field while rivers didn’t. 

I think with those moves it upgrades the team a lot. Might even be able to get a WR in the draft just as insurance if Campbell can’t stay on the field.

Ballard has had trouble with CB and DE in the draft. He should stick to using FA to address those two positions.

I don't want Houston back as a starter regardless of pay. He's solid; but will likely only decline. 

Some people have him projected to get $9-$12 a year on a multi-year deal. I would be shocked if that happened with some many pass rushers available. 

I think Trey Hendrickson can be had for $8-$9 million a year and makes more sense.

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I don't want Houston back as a starter regardless of pay. He's solid; but will likely only decline. 

Some people have him projected to get $9-$12 a year on a multi-year deal. I would be shocked if that happened with some many pass rushers available. 

I think Trey Hendrickson can be had for $8-$9 million a year and makes more sense.

Hendrickson is a risk though. He's only had one good season.

Jason also tweeted there is mutal interest with the colts and JJ watt.  He said packers were the fav though. He could replace Houston but we are then getting another older guy. I would rather get a younger guy. I hope we can bring back AQM. He is solid and has such a strong motor. But Jason also said it depended on the market in a tweet a while back.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Jason also tweeted there is mutal interest with the colts and JJ watt.  He said packers were the fav though. He could replace Houston but we are then getting another older guy. I would rather get a younger guy. I hope we can bring back AQM. He is solid and has such a strong motor. But Jason also said it depended on the market in a tweet a while back.

Can you share the tweet?

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don't get how the Packers and Steelers are players in this. Their in cap hell. They can't invest in JJ who is most likely gonna ask for somewhere around 12-15 mil and still fill their roster.

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't get how the Packers and Steelers are players in this. Their in cap hell. They can't invest in JJ who is most likely gonna ask for somewhere around 12-15 mil and still fill their roster.

There is always a way if they want the player bad enough. There are rumors that Big Ben might be cut if they can’t come to a agreement on restructuring his contract. That probably would take Watt out of the equation with them not having a QB. 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is always a way if they want the player bad enough. There are rumors that Big Ben might be cut if they can’t come to a agreement on restructuring his contract. That probably would take Watt out of the equation with them not having a QB. 

I just don't see it. Imo, their gonna have to gut their team or do a lot of restructuring just to get under the cap let alone fill the needs on their roster.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If there is mutual interest I can see Ballard signing him to replace Houston.  Similar deal like Houston's.  2yr 24 or 26m per. He would play alongside Buckner and avoid double teams.  Neither the Packers or Steelers have the cap space.  If he wants a chance at a SB it's either us or the Titans from that list who can afford him.  He would solve our ER need for sure.  If this is true I'm thinking Ballard surprises us all and he becomes a Colt by the end of the week.  

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Here are the cliff notes

All of this makes perfect sense to me.  If the Colts and Rhodes want to get a deal done I think it happens. I'm expecting Autry and Carrie back as well.  If his focus is ER don't be surprised if he signs Watt soon.  I think we will add a WR1 in FA and draft a LT with our 1st. pick.  All good.  

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

Watt might gain the upper hand if he accepts a one year prove it deal, which wouldn't hender the cap for our big signings next year. Okwara might be wanting a longterm contract.

Okwara will definitely want a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed money.  Watt would only be looking for a two year deal with a contender.  He doesn't have to prove anything.  It's more about getting a ring for him.  

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Watt might gain the upper hand if he accepts a one year prove it deal, which wouldn't hender the cap for our big signings next year. Okwara might be wanting a longterm contract.

Not sure what you are expecting Watt to prove.  He has been an excellent player throughout his career, but he is getting older and might only have a 2-3 years left at a high level.  

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:
Watt imo is worth pursuing. Him and Buckner together we be next level.

To old I wanna young pass rusher who can stay for 5 years to team up with Buckner . How long can 32 year old watt stay dominant. If Houston at 32 is to old to resign why is watt good ?  Barrett on the bucs was making 15 million last year and is a free agent. watt would be around the same price why not go after the guy in his 20s instead of a guy turning 33 I’ll take the guy 4 or 5 years younger 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

To old I wanna young pass rusher who can stay for 5 years to team up with Buckner . How long can 32 year old watt stay dominant. If Houston at 32 is to old to resign why is watt good ?  Barrett on the bucs was making 15 million last year and is a free agent. watt would be around the same price why not go after the guy in his 20s instead of a guy turning 33 I’ll take the guy 4 or 5 years younger 

I'd be very surprised if Tampa let Barrett hit FA. If they do, he'll get a lot more money than Watt.

We'd be crazy not to at least make a run at signing Watt. Denico Autry is a very poor man's JJ Watt. I'd rather pay a little more for Watt than bring Autry back. 

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Barrett is gonna want atleast 18-20 mil. Ballard isn't paying that.

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

Not sure what you are expecting Watt to prove.  He has been an excellent player throughout his career, but he is getting older and might only have a 2-3 years left at a high level.  

He is aging and injury prone. I guess saying, prove it deal was not a good statement. At this point he will be in mercenary mode and take 1 yr shots at superbowls. We have to sbisa signings to make next year we dont need and aging injury prone guy cutting into that.

15 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

He is aging and injury prone. I guess saying, prove it deal was not a good statement. At this point he will be in mercenary mode and take 1 yr shots at superbowls. We have to sbisa signings to make next year we dont need and aging injury prone guy cutting into that.

He's the same age as Houston and hes held up pretty well the last two season with no one to take attention away from him.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:42 AM, CR91 said:

Here are the cliff notes

I don’t know who this guy is?   But I don’t think he has much inside info.   His info sounded much more like opinion than anything else.    I found it all to be very, very meh....

No offense....  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know who this guy is?   But I don’t think he has much inside info.   His info sounded much more like opinion than anything else.    I found it all to be very, very meh....

No offense....  

None taken. I'm mostly passing along information. It does sound valuable to me though. To each his own.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

None taken. I'm mostly passing along information. It does sound valuable to me though. To each his own.

I’m totally good that you recommended people listen.  My not being wild about him has zero impact on your recommendation.  Keep doing that.   I just didn’t find his info well sourced or insightful.  I think it’s mostly opinion.   I don’t feel like I learned anything new or credible that I haven’t read here before. 

Just my observation...

Archived