Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Colts, Week 15, 12/20/20, 1PM EST

NFLfan

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I too question the Pass defense. It seems we’ve gone back to the bend but don’t break style 

They got burned because someone blew an assignment and they reverted back to the soft zone after that to make sure they didn’t get burned again and Watson just picked it apart underneath.  It was very frustrating to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

They got burned because someone blew an assignment and they reverted back to the soft zone after that to make sure they didn’t get burned again and Watson just picked it apart underneath.  It was very frustrating to watch.

Yup. A team with more weapons scores TDs in the redzone that the Texans couldn’t 

14 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

Honestly more of his whole body of work today. Just not showing up. I love Pittman and think he’s going to be a good WR for us. He’s not this game. That was a ball he could’ve made a play on. He did not. 

Those two plays back to back...

1st play - Pittman was the designed rub/pick for that play, meaning his only job was pick/rub the guy guarding Hilton. He was never going to be a target. They called a penalty on him, for extending his hands (illegal) while being the rub. I didn't see the replay, but I didn't see the hands extend, and if that's the case, it was a bad or weak call. As far as the play call though, it was designed for him to do the dirty work (rub, block, etc.), not be a target.

2nd play - That pass was poorly thrown. It was high and to far out. Maybe megatron would have got that and toe tapped, but if you expect a rookie to make an All Pro catch on a poorly placed ball, you're going to be unhappy with anyone we draft.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Who has said Leonard is overrated? That’s not a good argument at all. He was All-Pro his rookie season

There are a few on the board. It's pretty comical, right lol.

Not saying he's best in the league, or even All Pro, but he's easily top 10 and one of our best defenders.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

The throw wasn't great.   I thought he could have made the catch though.   I'd put the blame 50/50.

The pass was not perfect, but it was more than fine IMO. If Burton had any vertical at all lol... Doyle, MAC, or any of our WRs would have had that (with either height, reach, speed, or vert).

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big Ben isn't elusive as Watson is, Watson is actually the better QB now. Colts won't fear him running for 7 yards out of the pocket, makes a huge difference.

No he’s not but if you noticed in the second half the pass rush really feel off and Watson was just picking the Colts apart underneath the zone which Big Ben is very capable of doing if you aren’t getting a pass rush and even if you do Big Ben is extremely hard to bring down.  If the Colts play the soft zone vs Big Ben next week he will eat it alive.  

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We can complain about the defense giving up yardage but they have the ability to make big plays when needed. 

That in itself is a huge improvement over the Colt teams of the past. 

We give up way too many 3rd and longs but make big plays when needed. The Maniac came up with a play that saved the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No he’s not but if you noticed in the second half the pass rush really feel off and Watson was just picking the Colts apart underneath the zone which Big Ben is very capable of doing if you aren’t getting a pass rush and even if you do Big Ben is extremely hard to bring down.  If the Colts play the soft zone vs Big Ben next week he will eat it alive.  

I don't disagree that Big Ben could tear us up if our coverage isn't better but the threat of the run is at least gone. We can beat them but will we is the question? I give us a 50% chance, so I have it 50/50.

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Always a nail biter when we play these guys. Go Colts!

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I think this team has an issue with playing down to competition.

I think the margin of victory in 13 out of the last 15 games between Colts and Texans has been a TD or less.  Division games are tough, even those dominating Pats teams might agree (ask them about the Dolphins).

There's also match ups, scouting reports, and the league's competitive balance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think the margin of victory in 13 out of the last 15 games between Colts and Texans has been a TD or less.  Division games are tough, even those dominating Pats teams might agree (ask them about the Dolphins).

There's also match ups, scouting reports, and the league's competitive balance.

I get that and I def understand. That Texans team is without many weapons and key players on both sides. Just thought this should have been a game where we put them away earlier 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree that Big Ben could tear us up if our coverage isn't better but the threat of the run is at least gone. We can beat them but will we is the question? I give us a 50% chance, so I have it 50/50.

Yeah the Colts can win for sure.  I am just saying they can’t play this soft zone vs the Steelers.  

• Like 1