Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castanzo Apparently Had A Ruke Awakening As A Rookie :)

chad72

well what do you expect from a first round pick who is used to playing guys in college who weren't as talented as him, and then he is going against guys like Mario Williams, Terrell Suggs, and James Harrison. I would have a rude awakening too.

The article was referring to his being drafted by a Super Bowl contender with the best QB in the league, and somehow ending up on the worst team in the league (plus missing time with an injury). There was no suggestion that he had difficulty doing his job.

The article was referring to his being drafted by a Super Bowl contender with the best QB in the league, and somehow ending up on the worst team in the league (plus missing time with an injury). There was no suggestion that he had difficulty doing his job.

True, but I am sure that he had a learning curve coming into the league like every other rookie. Especially with a ankle injury. I am sure a lot of people didn't think the Colts would be where they are now, if you talked to them last year.

Costanzo was a really good pick. Smart, athletic, and could be a great franchise tackle. He got thrown into the fire from day one, and actually did well given his circumstances with injuries to himself and the team. I think he'll have a better upcoming season!

Yeah, I often wondered what may be going through his and Ijalana's heads last year.

Drafted by a perennial playoff team, expecting to protect arguably the GOAT, then poof.

Then to have the team gutted during the off season.

They must have been wondering what they did to deserve that.

He had quite an attitude about how good he was when he was drafted

I sure hope he still has it..

I didn't see a cocky guy, I saw a guy that was ready to work. He just didn't expect to come to the Colts and protect the QB carousel that was Old Man Collins, Curtis 'The House' Painter, and Dan 'Legendary' Orlovsky. He thought it would be all rainbows and unicorns protecting Peyton, and they'd win a bunch of games.

This guy is going to play for the next 10+ years, and will probably make some Pro Bowls. The fact that he had a high ankle sprain, and came back a month later still playing at a pretty respectable level, at least to me speaks volumes. Give him a full offseason, and we don't have to worry about LT for the foreseeable future.

True, but I am sure that he had a learning curve coming into the league like every other rookie. Especially with a ankle injury. I am sure a lot of people didn't think the Colts would be where they are now, if you talked to them last year.

He talked about the difference in talent in TC going up against Freeney and Mathis how easily they flew by and thru him.

I think he has tons of potential. With some good coaching, I think he can be one of the better tackles in the league.

Not saying he isnt going to be good was just saying what he said in TC about talent difference. Hes very intelligent and will be a great OT for us hes just on the NFL learning curve he will do great.

Not saying he isnt going to be good was just saying what he said in TC about talent difference. Hes very intelligent and will be a great OT for us hes just on the NFL learning curve he will do great.

I agree. He is still learning a lot. It would be nice to have Peyton here to teach him a bit more, but I think he will be fine

That's not good. I've heard that ruke awakenings are the worst of all awakenings.

(someone had to bring it up, and I had to be that someone. My job is done here.)

No, I've had worse awakenings than that. But that was a long time ago in a college far, far away. (Stewed dude awakening?)