Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:


If it’s a blitz from the edge, I’ve seen Peyton run away from the blitz with the OL shifting and leaving the Blitzer trailing without being covered because no matter how fast you are, you’re still having to get to the other side of the line. Just have to move the RB to the correct side of the QB.

Yup. If you can figure out what holes they are trying to blitz from, you can capitalize. Of course the OL has to handle their business. The OL wasn't early in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These threads are always interesting.   Reich is obviously a good dude...but as a HC...I am lukewarm. He has shown at times that he can scheme very well. Just look at how wide open Ebron was

I hate him. He is basically Pagano with a little more football knowledge. He starts slow, is unprepared, is conservative, makes the team boring to watch, is uncreative, and is one of those old-school

Aggressive isn't always good. There's a such thing as taking the points when you're supposed too. Risks such as throwing it deep, all out blitzes, Jet sweeps with the WRs, wildcat plays. Everybody goe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. If you can figure out what holes they are trying to blitz from, you can capitalize. Of course the OL has to handle their business. The OL wasn't early in the game.

O-line straight up bullied teams last year. Not really happening this year. Run blocking seems to be the biggest issue. Pass blocking they seem to still be pretty solid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

O-line straight up bullied teams last year. Not really happening this year. Run blocking seems to be the biggest issue. Pass blocking they seem to still be pretty solid. 

I think PR's quick release is helping the OL big time. Otherwise, I think they would look not so great in pass pro too. 

 

Not sure what is up. AC's rating had dropped big time. Q's is still good, but has decreased significantly. Smith's has dropped too. Kelly's is fine, but not top 5 OC good. Glow is surprisingly good. None of that makes sense lol.

 

Anyway, just happy PR has a quick trigger, and is fast at reads/progressions. If JB was back there, I'd think we'd look very different. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

I think PR's quick release is helping the OL big time. Otherwise, I think they would look not so great in pass pro too. 

 

Not sure what is up. AC's rating had dropped big time. Q's is still good, but has decreased significantly. Smith's has dropped too. Kelly's is fine, but not top 5 OC good. Glow is surprisingly good. None of that makes sense lol.

 

Anyway, just happy PR has a quick trigger, and is fast at reads/progressions. If JB was back there, I'd think we'd look very different. 

Very good points. I don't know if it has anything to do with Gugs leaving or not but it's a little concerning. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Very good points. I don't know if it has anything to do with Gugs leaving or not but it's a little concerning. 

I think it has a lot to do with the position coach change. 

 

And if you think about it, they have to work less hard with PR back there, compared to JB who held the ball for a lot longer. Theoretically, they should be performing better all around. 

 

And while I agree Taylor needs to improve his timing a lot (with our zone blocking scheme), there just weren't a lot of lanes/holes early. It's not like Taylor was missing holes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it has a lot to do with the position coach change. 

 

And if you think about it, they have to work less hard with PR back there, compared to JB who held the ball for a lot longer. Theoretically, they should be performing better all around. 

 

And while I agree Taylor needs to improve his timing a lot (with our zone blocking scheme), there just weren't a lot of lanes/holes early. It's not like Taylor was missing holes. 

I agree. I think they gave up on Taylor a little early today. Wilkins was running well and Hines was pretty good in the passing game today. I think another factor is losing Mack. He's very underrated. Losing him has been huge. He seemed to be running very well in the Jax game until his achilles gave out. Taylor was kinda thrusted into the lineup pretty quick. I think he's up for it, just gotta be patient with him. I'd like to see the Colts come out and establish the passing game a bit then really pound the rock with Taylor. Colts have been a little predictable in their runs, especially on 2nd and long.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

I agree. I think they gave up on Taylor a little early today. Wilkins was running well and Hines was pretty good in the passing game today. I think another factor is losing Mack. He's very underrated. Losing him has been huge. He seemed to be running very well in the Jax game until his achilles gave out. Taylor was kinda thrusted into the lineup pretty quick. I think he's up for it, just gotta be patient with him. I'd like to see the Colts come out and establish the passing game a bit then really pound the rock with Taylor. Colts have been a little predictable in their runs, especially on 2nd and long.

Yep. Runs have been predictable. I miss Mack too. I'd love to see them go power/man Taylor instead of zone. With Hines too. We could eat up some individual matchups with 90% of the DLs we've faced. Q would be an absolute beast in those situations. 

 

I'm not worried about Taylor. He just needs time. Folks that are freaking out don't remember it took Mack a year. And while the OL wasn't as good his first year as it is now, we were running an Air Coryell scheme which spread things out and made it much easier on running backs in general. The expectations of Taylor are a bit over the top. Rooks rarely do well in their first year, and especially the first half of their rook seasons. Once he thinks less, he'll be fine.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yep. Runs have been predictable. I miss Mack too. I'd love to see them go power/man Taylor instead of zone. With Hines too. We could eat up some individual matchups with 90% of the DLs we've faced. Q would be an absolute beast in those situations. 

 

I'm not worried about Taylor. He just needs time. Folks that are freaking out don't remember it took Mack a year. And while the OL wasn't as good his first year as it is now, we were running an Air Coryell scheme which spread things out and made it much easier on running backs in general. The expectations of Taylor are a bit over the top. Rooks rarely do well in their first year, and especially the first half of their rook seasons. Once he thinks less, he'll be fine.

After what we've seen so far, do you think Ballard brings Mack back next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

After what we've seen so far, do you think Ballard brings Mack back next year?

Absolutely  we don't  have a suitable  replacement.  Now if taylor was lighting it up we wouldn't.  I doubt we will be able to run it versus ravens 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think some are giving Taylor a raw deal. He is a rookie and has played well at times. He is nothing like Trent Richardson like some say. He has a lot to learn but can do the job.

 

see the bold.

I was hoping taylor would  be a beast from the gate like Ezekiel  Elliott  considering  our oline was supposed to  be good

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think some are giving Taylor a raw deal. He is a rookie and has played well at times. He is nothing like Trent Richardson like some say. He has a lot to learn but can do the job.

 

see the bold.

 

No kidding. Fans are actually clamoring for Jordan Wilkins to be the lead back lol.

 

He is easily the best RB on this team. I wish Reich would get him some TDs....build up his confidence. There almost seems to be a concerted effort to keep JT from hitting paydirt at times.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this comment yesterday in the game thread but it bears repeating:

 

I think Frank has confused being unpredictable with being cute.
 

Plenty has been made of late about how our offense often gets predictable, even to an alarming excess.

 

Seems like we’ve supplemented our predictability with gadgetry and trick plays, which aren’t exactly solutions to that problem... 
 

I’m still not to the point where I disapprove of him as a head coach, but I’m not far from it, either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...