Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

krunk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This Totally Sucks!!!

This is why teams, more importantly the Colts should have access to time machines and warn Frank to not call that reverse!

I don't see how that would upset the Time Line continuum in a negative way. 

I understand the frustration, believe me, but he could just as easily have had the same injury on any number of pass patterns. Heck, a crossing pattern could have resulted in the exact same play.

It is what it is, in other words. Just have to "buck up" and move on. Knowing what I've learned about PC, that's exactly what he'll be doing.

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This Totally Sucks!!!

This is why teams, more importantly the Colts should have access to time machines and warn Frank to not call that reverse!

I don't see how that would upset the Time Line continuum in a negative way. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

A time machine? :scratch:

313725.jpg

7Z1bCuW.jpg

aXgqLA6_460s.jpg

Even Mr. Fusion on Doc's DeLorean DMC-12 time machine can't handle 2020

Hopefully Campbell can overcome this and have a successful career with the Colts.  Right now he seems snake bit.  Too many injuries and not enough time on the field. I don’t expect much out of Parris usually because we hardly get to see him.  We get glimpses of what he can bring but rarely get the benefit of him. So his absence doesn’t really phase me much.   The Colts will continue to do what they have always done and that is play without him. 

Unfortunately it seems like it was a pretty bad 'sprain' and Parris will be having surgery on it today:

From what I'm gathering his season is probably over, unless I'm missing something... From what I was reading recovery from a surgical repair of the PCL takes 9-12 months. He might not even be ready for camp next year IF that's the timeline. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The important thing is they aren’t ruling him out so there is a chance. They may be only repairing the mcl because the pcl seems to not require surgery as it tends to be better healing on its own.

Even if it's MCL surgery it still takes much longer than the span of the season. 

38 minutes ago, stitches said:

Unfortunately it seems like it was a pretty bad 'sprain' and Parris will be having surgery on it today:

From what I'm gathering his season is probably over, unless I'm missing something... From what I was reading recovery from a surgical repair of the PCL takes 9-12 months. He might not even be ready for camp next year IF that's the timeline. 

I'm always cautiously optimistic, but always suspected as much. Here's my thought over 9/20-23

9/20
This injury may heal on its own with basic care, rest, and rehab. But if the strain/tear injury is severe enough, it may require surgery. I believe that's (MCL only) not all. We'll know more soon.  But I had a feeling it wasn't ACL during the game, and was hoping for only a milder MCL from that blunt blow at worst.  Time (and imaging) will tell.

Then on 9/21
I was hoping for an MCL only, but always felt there could possibly be more (but not an ACL). The MCL generally has a high potential to heal conservatively, non-surgically, on its own. Nevertheless, there appears to be a lower threshold to surgically address the medial ligament if a significant instability also exists because of a PCL injury and deficient knee.  They are likely checking these scenarios out, thus the delay in deciding on the upcoming healing plan.

Then on 9/22
When I saw the hit on the outside of the knee, It said MCL to me.  To what grade was/is unknown. But the replays I had were inconclusive if there was also any frontal impact (which may lead to a possible PCL injury as well).  That's why I was reserved and that there could be more.  And if the reports that he also has a PCL injury, that complicates matters, significantly lengthens rehab time, and maybe even suggest internal interventional remedies {surgery} that might end his season. I await updates.

So lets wait to see what the surgeon actually performs before completely writing him off thjis year, for now.

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So lets wait to see what the surgeon actually performs before completely writing him off thjis year, for now.

Repair vs. reconstruction. And of which ligaments.

Remember, recovery will depend upon the extent of the injury, the type of surgery that’s performed, and the ability of the player to heal (A. Peterson was fast healer, Luck was always slow for example) and rehab progress.

18 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I thought TK Metcalf was the better pick because he was bigger and could hold up batter. I know Paris plays the slot more, but it was obvious from Ohio State that he was going to have trouble staying healthy. 

Terry McLaurin is doing pretty good so far. Wish the Colts would have taken him.

55 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I thought TK Metcalf was the better pick because he was bigger and could hold up batter. I know Paris plays the slot more, but it was obvious from Ohio State that he was going to have trouble staying healthy. 

Why would you say that when he was never injured in college. Colts just have bad luck with WR. Nothing they have done. Just bad luck. Paris is a pretty good size kid. 

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

How was that obvious? It was actually Metcalf that had the injury concerns and Campbell who never missed a game in college. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Terry McLaurin is doing pretty good so far. Wish the Colts would have taken him.

I definitely liked Terry McLaurin, would have been nice to have him. I gravitate toward receivers who are more technically refined.

But what was so exciting about Campbell was his ability to get YAC, he was fast and shifty and could make things happen. He was going to be a big part of the game plan this season. 

What I'm impressed about Metcalf who I also liked, is he is always a threat to go deep and does make plays deep.  That opens up the running game and underneath passing routes for the other receivers.  I like Pittman, although he also had an unfortunate injury.  I think Ballard drafted Pittman in response to his regret on passing on both AJ Brown and DK Metcalf.   He had an opportunity to draft either or imagine both WR's with players who are not playing much.   I do wish P. Campbell and speedy recover and long career though. 

Archived