Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings @ Colts Game Day Thread, September 20, 2020

NFLfan

Both teams are looking to bounce back and avoid going 0-2. The Colts will play without their dynamic running back Marlon Mack who will miss the year with injury. How do the Colts replace his production? 

On defense, the Colts will have to play better to win this one. Can Xavier Rhodes make his former team pay for cutting him. We will see.

Did you know?

The Colts have never lost to the Vikings at home.

How to watch/listen to Colts games

Good luck! Enjoy the game and your football Sunday. :colts:

• NFLfan changed the title to Vikings @ Colts Game Day Thread, September 20, 2020
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense has to play much better than last week for us to have a chance. Cousins is better than Minshew and Cook is a good RB. We will have our hands full but I think we find a way to win 30-27. Their defense is struggling as well so I look for Rivers to throw for around 300 yards, question is will he make 1 or 2 bad INT's? I also think this is a prove it moment for Taylor since Mack is out, I do think he will come through with a few nice key runs.

Calling out the defense on this game. Heard all week about them making adjustments and playing tighter off the line to help limit all those free releases. Hopefully the “rhode” is closed today and TY does his thing on the other side and balls out. 

go colts! 

Thanks again for opening the thread, NFLfan!

First and foremost: praying both teams play injury free today!!

I don't think this is too high scoring a game today.  Both defenses will play better.  I'm thinking we'll really get the run game going and the short passing game to click to get us back on track.

Cousins and Cook have success between the 10's but can't win the red zone battle.  Hopefully the better pass rush (praying for it) will help limit Theilen's touches.

21-20 Colts.

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Rock Ya-Sin inactive :scratch:

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks again for opening the thread, NFLfan!

First and foremost: praying both teams play injury free today!!

I don't think this is too high scoring a game today.  Both defenses will play better.  I'm thinking we'll really get the run game going and the short passing game to click to get us back on track.

Cousins and Cook have success between the 10's but can't win the red zone battle.  Hopefully the better pass rush (praying for it) will help limit Theilen's touches.

21-20 Colts.

...and just like that, my prediction for Thielen goes out the window...

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just put Thielen in my Sunday Million lineup on Fanduel. He's going to tear up the Colts unfortunately. :( 

Same here

Debated 

Alie-Cox(think I put him in on a free roll)

*also side note Danny Pinter is listed above MAC on the list...both are $4000.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Same here

Debated 

Alie-Cox(think I put him in on a free roll)

*also side note Danny Pinter is listed above MAC on the list...both are $4000.

Here's my lineup today:

Lamar Jackson

Derrick Henry

Jonathan Taylor

Marquise Brown

Adam Theilen

Michael Gallup

Mark Andrews

Malcolm Brown

Titans Defense

I think it should do well, though I expect it to be a bit chalky.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's my lineup today:

Lamar Jackson

Derrick Henry

Jonathan Taylor

Marquise Brown

Adam Theilen

Michael Gallup

Mark Andrews

Malcolm Brown

Titans Defense

I think it should do well, though I expect it to be a bit chalky.

That is a great lineup. I am not playing in my normal league this year. We just didn't do it for the 1st time since 2015. I usually play in a league of 12 and we all get together and do a draft but because of Covid-19 nobody wanted to do it. It is through Yahoo but some of the main guys that do it every year still didn't want to. So it is what it is. I have won it all the last 2 years so I am ok with it. I had Jackson and Henry last season when I won, Luck and Hopkins the year before.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

30 minutes away from kickoff. It has been a long week, hopefully we get a win today.

Going to be a tough one.

Just have to improve a few things. Hopefully got the preseason rust off last game and continue to build starting here.

A loss today isn't the end of the world, but would be close to apocalyptic here on the forum this coming week.

Im going to take Colts 27 Vikings 24

Taylor with 150+ total yards TD

Defense 4 sacks 2 take aways

Rivers 2tds 1int

Like I said W or L its not the end of the season, we have been here/there before with teams with less talent. 10-6, 9-7 will take this division this year, IMO. Long road ahead.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a great lineup. I am not playing in my normal league this year. We just didn't do it for the 1st time since 2015. I usually play in a league of 12 and we all get together and do a draft but because of Covid-19 nobody wanted to do it. It is through Yahoo but some of the main guys that do it every year still didn't want to. So it is what it is. I have won it all the last 2 years so I am ok with it. Ii had Jackson and Henry last season when I won, Luck and Hopkins the year before.

Thanks, but this a daily lineup on Fanduel and not a yearly lineup. I made this with my salary cap for today lol. It's a $4 entry into the Sunday Million. Hoping to hit something big, this is a tournament lineup. :) 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Going to be a tough one.

Just have to improve a few things. Hopefully got the preseason rust off last game and continue to build starting here.

A loss today isn't the end of the world, but would be close to apocalyptic here on the forum this coming week.

Im going to take Colts 27 Vikings 24

Taylor with 150+ total yards TD

Defense 4 sacks 2 take aways

Rivers 2tds 1int

Like I said W or L its not the end of the season, we have been here/there before with teams with less talent. 10-6, 9-7 will take this division this year, IMO. Long road ahead.

A loss would lower our playoff chances to 11% at 0-2 with the old format. Not sure with 7 teams making the playoffs as there is no sample size, but it'd be slightly higher. Even 15-20% chance wouldn't be that great though, so we need the win today to stay out of the "danger zone". 1-1 is much better than 0-2 at the beginning of the season.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks, but this a daily lineup on Fanduel and not a yearly lineup. I made this with my salary cap for today lol. It's a $4 entry into the Sunday Million. Hoping to hit something big, this is a tournament lineup. :) 

Same here have a free roll and (2) $4 entries even created a Vikings heavy team just in case we lose, so maybe they can lighten my mood by winning me a $milly$.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A loss would lower our playoff chances to 11% at 0-2 with the old format. Not sure with 7 teams making the playoffs as there is no sample size, but it'd be slightly higher. Even 15-20% chance wouldn't be that great though, so we need the win today to stay out of the "danger zone". 1-1 is much better than 0-2 at the beginning of the season.

Yeah it seems like 0-2 is almost a death sentence. 1-1 teams make the playoffs around 45% of the time, 0-2 teams I believe it is 12%.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it seems like 0-2 is almost a death sentence. 1-1 teams make the playoffs around 45% of the time, 0-2 teams I believe it is 12%.

I agree, no doubt about it. 

If we do happen to lose, I wont be feeling the season is over though. Have to grind it out

Will it make the road tougher? Yes but it's more than obtainable. Especially this year with lime has been said an additional playoff spot, 6-7 loss South Division winner.(imo)

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I agree, no doubt about it. 

If we do happen to lose, I wont be feeling the season is over though. Have to grind it out

Will it make the road tougher? Yes but it's more than obtainable. Especially this year with lime has been said an additional playoff spot, 6-7 loss South Division winner.(imo)

Three teams have started 0-2 and have gone on to win the Superbowl (1993 Dallas Cowboys, 2001 New England Patriots & 2007 New York Giants) and many others have made the playoffs but as mentioned, it makes the road going forward more difficult.

Archived