Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is a analysis on him from Daniel Jeremiah...

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

I would love if the Colts had the chance to get Lance. I think he could be special if used right. And he is more athletic than Luck and I think he gets rid of the ball quicker. 

If the Colts are in a posiiton to draft Lance, Ballard and Reich wont b making that pick as the would b gone.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts are in a posiiton to draft Lance, Ballard and Reich wont b making that pick as the would b gone.

So now you are speaking for Jim Irsay? 

I guess you are not thinking that Ballard could trade up if it worked out that way? 

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There’s actually a way for Ballard and Reich to make that pick without fear if being fired.

The NFL season is canceled or not enough if the season is played to mean much if anything.

So the NFL does a lottery.  Franchise names are pulled randomly and the Colts get lucky and pull a high pick.   That’s possible. 

9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is a analysis on him from Daniel Jeremiah...

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

I would love if the Colts had the chance to get Lance. I think he could be special if used right. And he is more athletic than Luck and I think he gets rid of the ball quicker. 

I’m curious.   How did you conclude that Lance is more athletic than Luck?   You don’t remember that Luck tested pretty much the same as Cam Newton at his combine?

Hey, if Lance is more athletic than Luck, great for him.  I’m just wondering....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m curious.   How did you conclude that Lance is more athletic than Luck?   You don’t remember that Luck tested pretty much the same as Cam Newton at his combine?

Hey, if Lance is more athletic than Luck, great for him.  I’m just wondering....

Luck was indeed a great athlete, especially when you consider how much bulk and size he had. IMO Lance is probably a bit more twitchy and quick, but probably don't have the same size/weight... 

Trevor Lawrence*, QB, Clemson. Height: 6-6. ...

Justin Fields*, QB, Ohio State. Height: 6-3. ...

Trey Lance**, QB, North Dakota State. Height: 6-3. ...

Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia. ...

Kellen Mond*, QB, Texas A&M. ...

Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas. ...

K.J. Costello, QB, Mississippi State. ...

Tanner Morgan*, QB, Minnesota.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021QB.php

It takes a good 2 years for a new QB to be groomed, I don't think they give up on Eason, especially if they have to bid adieu to Brissett after 2020, which is very likely and they bring Rivers in for 1 more year which could also be likely.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It takes a good 2 years for a new QB to be groomed, I don't think they give up on Eason, especially if they have to bid adieu to Brissett after 2020, which is very likely and they bring Rivers in for 1 more year which could also be likely.

I agree.   2 years of Rivers and on to Eason is the most likely scenario.  Unless NewColtsFans scenario comes true.  

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.   2 years of Rivers and on to Eason is the most likely scenario.  Unless NewColtsFans scenario comes true.  

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing amazing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing amazing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

Chad Kelly right now is just happy to get a paycheck, like I am during Covid-19. :) I have a feeling he will be gone soon.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

Oh yes, of course Eaton would need to prove himself this year.   Everything I have read seems to indicate he is putting in the time and effort to impress.  Obviously he is liked by the Colts since they drafted him and if they still like him and Rivers gives us 2 years, he would be the obvious QB to slide in to the starting spot.   If Reich and Ballard don't see the potential in Eaton I suppose they will draft or sign another QB.   

Just now, chad72 said:

Chad Kelly right now is just happy to get a paycheck, like I am during Covid-19. :) I have a feeling he will be gone soon.

Practice squad, right?

On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, crazycolt1 said:

So now you are speaking for Jim Irsay? 

I guess you are not thinking that Ballard could trade up if it worked out that way? 

Nope.  Lance is predicted to go in top 5.  If we r picking there that means we had a dreadful season. A trade up could always be an option but super expensive

On 7/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

There’s actually a way for Ballard and Reich to make that pick without fear if being fired.

The NFL season is canceled or not enough if the season is played to mean much if anything.

So the NFL does a lottery.  Franchise names are pulled randomly and the Colts get lucky and pull a high pick.   That’s possible. 

I am not sure they would do a lottery that would include many teams. If they did do a lottery,  I suspect it would involve teams with very poor records. They could simply take the bottom 10 teams from this years draft and do a lottery involving them. 

36 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nope.  Lance is predicted to go in top 5.  If we r picking there that means we had a dreadful season. A trade up could always be an option but super expensive

The thing is if we should have a dreadful season that does not mean that Irsay would fire anyone. 

Especially this season with all the distractions that will be happening if we even have a season. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO there is no way we get Trevor, Justin, or Trey because we will make the playoffs pretty easily and be picking in the 20's. Rivers will be our QB in 2021 as well.

Yup. The high 20's. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO there is no way we get Trevor, Justin, or Trey because we will make the playoffs pretty easily and be picking in the 20's. Rivers will be our QB in 2021 as well.

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

Lots of very big assumptions.   Covid could wipe out all of them.... 

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

Of course you have a great point there. I was just basing it on us having a season.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

huh?  This whole thread is speculation.  Much like your theory above.  His opinion is no different.  

On 7/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, NewColtsFan said:

If Americans were as diligent as European countries in limiting risk to spread, we'd have no issue having a season.... Futbol seems to be doing fine.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

If Americans were as diligent as European countries in limiting risk to spread, we'd have no issue having a season.... Futbol seems to be doing fine.

I regret to say, I agree with you.  Americans are not very diligent at all.  Somehow things like wearing a mask and being good to your fellow man got politicized.   The American response has been beyond terrible.   And with the fall and winter to come, things may get worse before they get better.

Apologies to all as this post got political which I try not to do in these very strange times. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I regret to say, I agree with you.  Americans are not very diligent at all.  Somehow things like wearing a mask and being good to your fellow man got politicized.   The American response has been beyond terrible.   And with the fall and winter to come, things may get worse before they get better.

Apologies to all as this post got political which I try not to do in these very strange times. 

Whether things work out the way they intend to or not, the basic first steps would be for the NFL to chalk out a detailed plan like a flowchart for Plan A or Plan B or Plan C for Cancel. You cannot predict but you can prepare for as many scenarios as you can, controlled environments as you can and then go about it as the season were happening, with or without fans. Then, you make evaluations to introduce any variables as necessary as the season goes on, like increasing fan capacity etc.

Archived