I'll Say This

Ohio Colt

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffin is the better QB, I'll say what ppl don't wanna say... ppl feel safe with Luck because of his size, and that he moves like and even runs like Peyton a bit... AND he's white..... and i get that.

Right....it had nothing to do with the fact he's been rated the best prospect at the position for the past 2 seasons. Its all about his race......come on Smitto.

RG3 is a good prospect IMO. There would be worse things than drafting him instead of Luck. But if anyone is being somewhat overly hyped and having his stock skyrocket as a result...its Griffin. He wasnt even talked about going in the top 10 until maybe* midway into this past season. He wasnt even mentioned as possibly going above Barkley until very late in the season. He didnt even solidify being the #2 QB until both Barkley and Jones decided to go back to school.

To me, Griffin's stock has been somewhat artificially increased by the weakening of this draft, him winning the Heisman and the fact, Baylor of all teams, was good this year. The kid is clearly talented but consistency trumps all in separating who is the best at anything. Luck has thus far proven to be consistently great throughout his career. RG3 has been pretty good most of his with one season playing at an elite level. If youre betting on the future of your franchise, you bet on the consistent performer IMO. Its why Manning was the better pick in 98. Its why Luck is the better pick now.

I think some people are just getting cold feet of sorts about Luck. Understandable as this decision is going to shape the franchise for the next 5 years atleast.

Significant investments have been made toward black QB's in recent years. The shameful act perpetrated on Warren Moon was in a far different era. The only color GM's see is green.

It's probably best we get off the race angle. Nothing but bad things down that road fellas.

It's probably best we get off the race angle. Nothing but bad things down that road fellas.

I agree. As the leader of today's race movement I say we end it now.

Instead let us laugh at how many picks the Redskins gave up for RG3!!!!!

I know right.

We had to suck. This years team has to blow.

I am glad it's over.....and we can move on with our prize.

This is a very nice way of looking at what just went down.

Say we/you go to a fair and play the balloon dart game.... and we win a new SONY 46" LED TV.....

You won't turn it down for your old RCA "big box" would you?

Tubes get old.. AND they ain"t cheap to replace.

I used to think you guys were all football clever.

I'm waiting on the Wonderlic scores (are they out yet?). That what counts. Not all this throwing and running and reading the game stuff.

Guys, really......

Agree.

Enough of this athletic junk.

Let's see what they got upstairs.

This is a very nice way of looking at what just went down.

Say we/you go to a fair and play the balloon dart game.... and we win a new SONY 46" LED TV.....

You won't turn it down for your old RCA "big box" would you?

Tubes get old.. AND they ain"t cheap to replace.

Yes.

We sucked so bad last year and earned our prize from Stanford. Finally.

I can't wait until we get our prize in the draft!!! Irsay has been drooling for months over this kid and we all know it.

I like kool-aide. Cherry is the best:)

On topic, I agree with it seems like Luck will have to do more to prove himself then RG3, just because the expectations seem to be so high for him.

Tasting the Kool-ade is a reference to how Luck performs with his pro day. No matter how he performs, it wont sway his supporters' opinion of him. (On Topic)

Peyton is a little taller and lighter. In fact to me they seem to have completely different body types, and Luck spends a lot of his time playing kind of hunched over, and rolling out like an option QB. Aside from the comments that I've heard about him being allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage, he's never reminded me of Peyton in the slightest.

I have nothing against the guy, and I'm fine if the Colts decide that he's the best choice, but assuming that he's Peyton 2.0 is very likely a recipe for pain.

I think their arm strength is similar.

I can't wait to see Luck today. I am sure he is going to be tremendous and the buzz regarding RG3 will subside a bit.

he will be tremendous. but its all scripted, to guys he may never throw to again. It was funny watching griffin throw 3 balls, take a break and look over papers, have some fluids, then toss a couple more balls and repeat the whole process.

Yeah, uh no. I didn't say they were biological twins.

Peyton is a little taller and lighter.

You're serious? a 1/2 an inch and 5 lbs?

and Luck spends a lot of his time playing kind of hunched over

Yeah, he really doesn't. But if you want to try and penalize him for being tall...go ahead.

...and (spends a lot of his time) rolling out like an option QB.

No. Luck stayed in the pocket the majority of time. Regardless, they both played in different systems and which skews the perspective a little bit. And I really don't consider his athleticism and ability to roll out when needed as a drawback.

Aside from the comments that I've heard about him being allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage, he's never reminded me of Peyton in the slightest.

Nevertheless, everyone competent and qualified has compared their accuracy, arm strength, delivery-release, touch, play action, field vision, progression, poise and football IQ ad nauseum and they're comparable...with Luck actually coming out on top of most.

I have nothing against the guy, and I'm fine if the Colts decide that he's the best choice, but assuming that he's Peyton 2.0 is very likely a recipe for pain.

Yeah, a lot of things in life cause pain. Aimless contrarianism is one of them.

Yeah, a lot of things in life cause pain. Aimless contrarianism is one of them.

Apparently you would know. Why are you being so defensive?

The purpose of my post wasn't to put down Luck (who I will be spending hopefully the next two decades rooting for with everything that I've got), it was to dismiss the silly assumptions that he's another Peyton Manning. They have very little in common other than being the son of a QB, and being smarter than the average quarterback. People compare him to Peyton Manning because they think he's going to be drafted by the Colts, not because he jumps off the tv screen being a clone. There are dozens of QBs who come out every year, do you honestly see a resemblance? You have to squint pretty hard to find much physically or stylistically that they have in common. He actually reminds me a lot more of John Elway - with whom he is also compared - although unfortunately he doesn't seem to have near the same arm strength. Of course who does.

I think that we're missing the point here, with the "Pro Day" workouts. Let me ask you this question...How many high school QB's can have a scripted workout and complete a very high percentage of throws, while demonstrating good footwork? I would say that many can. I would also say that many other college QBs have probably had great pro day work outs, but no one knows because they aren't named Luck or Griffen.

It's really not smart to change your opinion on a player based on a pro day work out.

Understand that BSPN needs to market the draft now that it is all televised. That means they need to build suspense. I wouldn't be surprised if their production people are pushing Jaws and Hoge to make statements that will create a buzz. I imagine if it causes us to get all itchy and scratchy about it, it'll help promote a broader viewership come draft time.

Listen to 'The schwammy'

He knows what's going on.

RG3 undoubtedly has the talent to have a great career, but Luck is as sure as they get. You simply don't gamble when there's a guy like Luck available.

Yeah..we made this decision before we cut the old country boy...and sent him to Rocky Mountain high-land.

Luck is already saving up for his down payment on that condo in Broad Ripple..

I agree its another HUGE decision.

Its bigger than Leaf/Manning becuase if we went with leaf we would have just kept losing where as if we mess this up there will be noticable ramification.

Whethere this decisison will have a longer lasting impact than had we kept manning, I disagree. I think Manning will still play until hes 39 which is 3 years. If our new QB doesn't pan out in 3 years he will likey be gone. So timeline-wise, its a push.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 23, 2012 - response to a deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, March 23, 2012 - response to a deleted post

You confuse not suffering loquacious people who perform accurate critical analysis at a snail's pace with being defensive.

I'm not sure whether to be confused or amused, nor how you would conclude either that I'm talkative or that I type slowly just by reading my posts. BUT at least you acknowledge that I perform accurate critical analysis. Thanks Brian.

Oh wait, were you trying to insult ME and compliment YOURSELF? Apparently one of us is confused, and the OTHER amused.

But you are right about their being suffering involved, as in "I don't suffer Brians gladly". I mostly just report their rampant attempts to enrage (four times this afternoon alone), and then move on.

That is what your talking about lol, colts aren't gonna make a mistake if they take Griffin its gimme be the right choice there's no wrongs. Wonder how lucks arm strength I'd gonna affect him in his 30s... you can bet the colts thought about that. Lol

He has better arm strength than Drew Brees, last I checked he was doing just fine in his 30s.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2012 - personal shot

You confuse not suffering loquacious people who perform accurate critical analysis at a snail's pace with being defensive.

in my best samuel l. jackson voice...."check out the big brain on brian!"