Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich has very high remarks on Chad Kelly

7 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I see some missed the main point of today's lesson so let me reiterate.  When the Head Coach of any organization talks about any of his players, take it for a grain of salt because it's pure Oscar Meyer organs & trimmings, otherwise known as BOLOGNA.   

This ish just made my day.  With your permission, I'm going to use this going forward.

And there's probably way more than one grain of salt in Oscar Meyer Bologna.  I think you get like 300% of your daily sodium in one serving of that ish (and any head coachs' nonsense as well).  :lol:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is easy answer. Arians constantly put down Winston last season. He threw all kinds of shade at him. I don’t think a coach has to put down a player though. Just  watch  they do. They consistently said Wilson was doing the right things and every week he was a healthy scratch.

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

In all seriousness Lucky, you are correct and we all would do the same in his position!  I'm just tired of the constant pumping of sunshine on players that are the direct result of 7-9. 

I get it.  We all do.  We all know the truth and get frustrated with the PC culture of talking players up to their potential.

But it works.  If Belichick had talked about the "piece of crap" "immobile" "loser" 6th rounder that had to replace Bledsoe in 2001, Brady would probably have a completely different legacy.  But Belichick is one of the best at talking to the media and saying the right things and avoiding saying the wrong things.

Head coaches are just playing their role.  And unfortunately, they end up taking the blame for everything.  @Jared Cisneros wants to blame Pagano for every shortcoming during his tenure in Indy, but you know what?  Philly fans will do the same thing to Andy Reid for his tenure in Philly.  He always had a great team, great talent, some of the greatest talent assembled in NFL history, but could never win the big one.  Reid was close many times, but never achieved the ultimate goal.  He was the Pagano of Philly.  Then he goes to KC, and ends up EVENTUALLY winning the SB.  Now he's talked about in the pantheon of great NFL head coaches.  And he NEVER said anything about a single player even remotely close to what some of us say about our own players.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I get it.  We all do.  We all know the truth and get frustrated with the PC culture of talking players up to their potential.

But it works.  If Belichick had talked about the "piece of crap" "immobile" "loser" 6th rounder that had to replace Bledsoe in 2001, Brady would probably have a completely different legacy.  But Belichick is one of the best at talking to the media and saying the right things and avoiding saying the wrong things.

Head coaches are just playing their role.  And unfortunately, they end up taking the blame for everything.  @Jared Cisneros wants to blame Pagano for every shortcoming during his tenure in Indy, but you know what?  Philly fans will do the same thing to Andy Reid for his tenure in Philly.  He always had a great team, great talent, some of the greatest talent assembled in NFL history, but could never win the big one.  Reid was close many times, but never achieved the ultimate goal.  He was the Pagano of Philly.  Then he goes to KC, and ends up EVENTUALLY winning the SB.  Now he's talked about in the pantheon of great NFL head coaches.  And he NEVER said anything about a single player even remotely close to what some of us say about our own players.

giphy.gif

Well said post Lucky!  I guess my biggest frustration is they talk to us fans like we are soooooo clueless and have no idea whatsoever at what is going on behind their locker room doors.  I'm not asking our management to stop talking about our players, just do so like your talking to a fanbase that has a CLUE.  If you want to pump sunshine up our butts about certain players, please do so on the one's that actually have light to shine!

39 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This ish just made my day.  With your permission, I'm going to use this going forward.

And there's probably way more than one grain of salt in Oscar Meyer Bologna.  I think you get like 300% of your daily sodium in one serving of that ish (and any head coachs' nonsense as well).  :lol:

When Coach Reich talks, you get 300% of your daily sodium intake!  I will let you print the Tshirts and have all the glory!

8 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Well said post Lucky!  I guess my biggest frustration is they talk to us fans like we are soooooo clueless and have no idea whatsoever at what is going on behind their locker room doors.  I'm not asking our management to stop talking about our players, just do so like your talking to a fanbase that has a CLUE.  If you want to pump sunshine up our butts about certain players, please do so on the one's that actually have light to shine!

Not going to happen unless you have a direct line to FR

8 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

If you want to pump sunshine up our butts about certain players, please do so on the one's that actually have light to shine!

If you want sunshine pumped up your butt, you're in the right place!  Lol.

Most of us are over-hyped about everyone that signs a contract with the Colts before they even take the field.  It's just par-for-the-course for die-hards.  Good, bad, or ugly, we root for our team.  @Four2itus will tell you how it is!

Hop on the hype-train @BornHoosier!  All aboard!  Choo Choo!

tenor.gif?itemid=7862623

If you want sunshine pumped up your butt, you're in the right place!  Lol.

Most of us are over-hyped about everyone that signs a contract with the Colts before they even take the field.  It's just par-for-the-course for die-hards.  Good, bad, or ugly, we root for our team.  @Four2itus will tell you how it is!

Hop on the hype-train @BornHoosier!  All aboard!  Choo Choo!

tenor.gif?itemid=7862623

Lucky, I'm already on this train for 99% of the roster but it's the most obvious players that are truly struggling and our Org simply ignores the purple elephant in the room that I get most upset.  I don't want to mention any names and bad mouth players who suit up for the Shoe but we all watch the same movie Coach!

I'm ashamed I posted this... but probably not as ashamed as Jordan was of this video...  :facepalm:

Michael Jordan was and is the BEST player EVER to play the NBA game!  No other opinions matter to this point so carry on!

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

Michael Jordan was and is the BEST player EVER to play the NBA game!

Agreed.

Not a great human, but a GREAT basketball player.  In the pantheon of best ever NBA player...  For now...  :D

Gotta love his auto-biographical "documentary" ...

Agreed.

Not a great human, but a GREAT basketball player.  In the pantheon of best ever NBA player...  For now...  :D

Gotta love his auto-biographical "documentary" ...

Not a great Human but lets hold off judgement until each of us walked in this legends shoes.  His gambling addiction is no difference than any other addiction.  If you say you have no addictions, let me add the GOAT to your title.  

4 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Not a great Human but lets hold off judgement until each of us walked in this legends shoes.  His gambling addiction is no difference than any other addiction.  If you say you have no addictions, let me add the GOAT to your title.  

I have my own stuff.

Not the issue.

It's the way his "documentary" makes him look good while attacking any-and-everyone around him at the time.  Just look at the backlash to "The Last Dance"...

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have my own stuff.

Not the issue.

It's the way his "documentary" makes him look good while attacking any-and-everyone around him at the time.  Just look at the backlash to "The Last Dance"...

I sighed at this doc but there is two sides to every story!  I get it he was the biggest * but look at it in a different light.  He would've never, I'm sorry the Bulls would've never got over the Bad Boy Pistons if Jordan didn't take the Ulysses S Grant General mindset and create their legacy!!!  He literally pushed the entire ORG to overcome the hurdle that was right in front of him and that is a LEADER just like GRANT!  Great Leaders dont always get the recognition they deserve even after it smacked them in the face!

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have my own stuff.

Not the issue.

To be honest Lucky, as an MJ supporter my entire life even I didn't like how this doc portrayed the GOAT player that I grew up to worship!  I understand his actions were to get the best out of said player but his strategy was not for everyone!  I simply could not watch the nonstop criticism of Scott Burrell and it pained me to hear the GOAT talk this way to one of his teammates.  Even know he was just trying to get the best out of Burrell, I think with Burell's personality it derailed any type of success he was destined to have as he did not have that type of mentality.  Shame on Jordan for that.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I haven’t changed my mind of anything. Sometimes when you look back on things you can have a different perspective. Changing my mind no.

Chloe, seriously, you contradict yourself all the time. This is going to be a long post, so if you don’t read it all, read this: I’m not trying to be mean, I appreciate all the tweets you post about the players and contracts, etc...

I’m not going to go back and dig up all your old posts to prove it, but your posts in regards to the QB’s on this team is the prime example of what some of us are saying. 

It’s fine to look back and change perspective, it’s just funny/odd with you because you will rack up the posts hopelessly defending something then seemingly over night, without any meaningful change in the scenario, your position has done 180. Just like with Chad Kelly, you made fun of the posters that felt he was better than JB or deserved a chance last year, and you did so right up until this interview where Reich said a couple good things about him. Now nothing has changed since last season. They haven’t practiced together, haven’t even been at the facility together, but somehow this interview not only totally changed your perspective on Chad Kelly, but somehow it’s negatively affected your opinion on Eason. Nothing was said in this interview or in this thread that hasn’t been said repeatedly since last preseason about Kelly.

Along those lines, nothing has changed with JB (other than the Colts signing a 38 year old FA QB and drafting a QB) since early in the season when you were hopelessly defending him against some of the best posters on the forum who were providing film cut ups, stats, analytics, etc. to prove their points and all you had was a tweet from Joe Irrelevant saying that one time JB threw the ball more than 20 yards and the receiver did catch it so therefore he can throw the ball downfield or using rare anomalies as validation to disprove the stats showing JB wasn’t performing well enough in the areas that have been proven to be indicators of successful QB play. 

Again, I’m not trying to be a jerk, as you’ve claimed about me in the past. Your one of the most active posters on here, if not the most, which is cool, but along with that everyone sees and remembers your posts. So when you make post after post defending a player...people remember that when 2 posts or 2 weeks later you say something totally opposite. 

I honestly do appreciate that your all over social media and post the stuff related to the team and please keep posting that stuff, I’m not trying to belittle you by calling you out on some of your hot takes. 

My only unsolicited advice would be to chill out on calling people out for liking a player or making fun of them for thinking said player should have got a chance when you haven’t done enough research or have enough solid information to have an informed opinion on the topic. It’s fine to look back now and think or admit that CK should have got a chance last year, but it makes you look silly and you lose credibility/reputation when just a couple weeks ago you started a thread just to poke fun at those fans for thinking something that all of the sudden you now agree with. And you do this quite often on all kinds of various discussions.

When you state an opinion or post a tweet and posters provide stats or evidence that claims otherwise, either be open minded enough to accept that whatever you posted might have been wrong, or provide further evidence that refutes what they posted. But don’t just be obtuse and keep repeating the same thing over and over and over or totally ignore the post refuting your post altogether, as you most often do.

It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to have an opinion and then get schooled on here as to why your wrong. Its definitely ok to realize you were wrong and change your perspective, just be willing to admit it instead of backpedaling or claiming you never said what you said. This why you get most of the negative responses that you get. You want to post a whole lot of opinion on everything Colts and NFL related, then when someone challenges you, you go into a defensive ignore/deny mode or piggy back off someone else who chimes in but you never actually have a meaningful debate with the person. 

There are definitely some posters here who just try to stir the pot or troll, but there are a whole lot of good posters who share a whole lot of their knowledge. Your obviously a huge Colts fan and as much time as you spend on here, take a little of that time to sit back and read and digest what’s being said and then engage in meaningful discussions with them about stuff that perks your interests or you don’t understand instead of just being Contradicting Chloe who has an impressive amount of posts but doesn’t really get taken seriously about anything she says because chances are she is about the say the exact opposite momentarily! 

On 5/23/2020 at 2:31 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I think the minute Eason was drafted it made Kelly disposable. 

If Ballard and the coaches thought that Kelly had a future here in Indy they would have went a different direction with that 4th round pick. Like it or not Ballard does draft for need. The Eason pick was for the future. Was it a gamble? Yeah probably but it still leaves Kelly on the outside. 

This is unfortunately correct!

Rivers will struggle early, go to the injured reserve. Jb will flat out suck for 3 games. Eason will still be too green. In rides Kelly off the practice squad. He takes the Colts to the playoffs with 5 straight wins. River's comes back in for the playoffs, gets replaced by Kelly once a gain and comes very close to pulling it all off in the championship game. The following year, Jb named starter once again.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:08 AM, Btown_Colt said:

Chloe, seriously, you contradict yourself all the time. This is going to be a long post, so if you don’t read it all, read this: I’m not trying to be mean, I appreciate all the tweets you post about the players and contracts, etc...

I’m not going to go back and dig up all your old posts to prove it, but your posts in regards to the QB’s on this team is the prime example of what some of us are saying. 

It’s fine to look back and change perspective, it’s just funny/odd with you because you will rack up the posts hopelessly defending something then seemingly over night, without any meaningful change in the scenario, your position has done 180. Just like with Chad Kelly, you made fun of the posters that felt he was better than JB or deserved a chance last year, and you did so right up until this interview where Reich said a couple good things about him. Now nothing has changed since last season. They haven’t practiced together, haven’t even been at the facility together, but somehow this interview not only totally changed your perspective on Chad Kelly, but somehow it’s negatively affected your opinion on Eason. Nothing was said in this interview or in this thread that hasn’t been said repeatedly since last preseason about Kelly.

Along those lines, nothing has changed with JB (other than the Colts signing a 38 year old FA QB and drafting a QB) since early in the season when you were hopelessly defending him against some of the best posters on the forum who were providing film cut ups, stats, analytics, etc. to prove their points and all you had was a tweet from Joe Irrelevant saying that one time JB threw the ball more than 20 yards and the receiver did catch it so therefore he can throw the ball downfield or using rare anomalies as validation to disprove the stats showing JB wasn’t performing well enough in the areas that have been proven to be indicators of successful QB play. 

Again, I’m not trying to be a jerk, as you’ve claimed about me in the past. Your one of the most active posters on here, if not the most, which is cool, but along with that everyone sees and remembers your posts. So when you make post after post defending a player...people remember that when 2 posts or 2 weeks later you say something totally opposite. 

I honestly do appreciate that your all over social media and post the stuff related to the team and please keep posting that stuff, I’m not trying to belittle you by calling you out on some of your hot takes. 

My only unsolicited advice would be to chill out on calling people out for liking a player or making fun of them for thinking said player should have got a chance when you haven’t done enough research or have enough solid information to have an informed opinion on the topic. It’s fine to look back now and think or admit that CK should have got a chance last year, but it makes you look silly and you lose credibility/reputation when just a couple weeks ago you started a thread just to poke fun at those fans for thinking something that all of the sudden you now agree with. And you do this quite often on all kinds of various discussions.

When you state an opinion or post a tweet and posters provide stats or evidence that claims otherwise, either be open minded enough to accept that whatever you posted might have been wrong, or provide further evidence that refutes what they posted. But don’t just be obtuse and keep repeating the same thing over and over and over or totally ignore the post refuting your post altogether, as you most often do.

It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to have an opinion and then get schooled on here as to why your wrong. Its definitely ok to realize you were wrong and change your perspective, just be willing to admit it instead of backpedaling or claiming you never said what you said. This why you get most of the negative responses that you get. You want to post a whole lot of opinion on everything Colts and NFL related, then when someone challenges you, you go into a defensive ignore/deny mode or piggy back off someone else who chimes in but you never actually have a meaningful debate with the person. 

There are definitely some posters here who just try to stir the pot or troll, but there are a whole lot of good posters who share a whole lot of their knowledge. Your obviously a huge Colts fan and as much time as you spend on here, take a little of that time to sit back and read and digest what’s being said and then engage in meaningful discussions with them about stuff that perks your interests or you don’t understand instead of just being Contradicting Chloe who has an impressive amount of posts but doesn’t really get taken seriously about anything she says because chances are she is about the say the exact opposite momentarily! 

very good post sir! thank you!!

On 5/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, Bolts2Colts said:

Perhaps. But Reich’s comments were widely publicized. He called him a 10 out of 10 on and off the field. Reich is very smart and I believe he carefully considers his words. If we want to stash Kelly on PS, I cannot fathom why Reich would say these things. 

My point has little to do with what Reich said. My point is that I don't think anyone will sign Chad Kelly. They'd be signing them to their roster. It's either more likely we retain him on the PS or do not retain him at all. That's IF Eason wins the 3rd spot over him, which I'm just assuming he will.

22 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Man I don't believe anything Reich says about Kelly. Kelly will never sniff the starting line up.

Reich seems to be a very positive, classy person

Have you heard him trash ...... anyone, ever?

When discussing Ebron.......  no trashing ..... just that they were going in a different direction

I think with Reich, as this type of communicator, you have to measure words and actions to get the complete story.

With JB, The only negative conversation, was that we needed some improved QB play. Other than that it was always very positive.

You would think from press conferences, that JB is only a step away from being a Super bowl QB, which he isn’t 

Reich isn’t a liar, he is just a person that communicates ALWAYs in a positive way.

but....  compare the actions

JB we love you but we are drafting a QB, in round 4.

JB we love you but we are bringing in an aging QB to start.

JB we love you but are keeping a long shot QB on the active roster (CK)

If you are JB, you like the kind words and support but you are getting the message.

We DONT want you to be the starter QB for the Colts...... HAS to be the message that he is getting.

I don’t see JB on the roster next year.

To Patrick Miller

I think folks like to see a long shot make it..... we tend to root for the underdog as a matter of cause.....

Dion Cain, Mike Hart, Chad Kelly, etc, etc, 

Is Kelly a starter in this league?  Probably not

Will he be a starter for the Colts?   Probably not

The QB room in 2020 camp will be packed

But......  I STILL hope Kelly does very well in camp.....  

I could see a 2022 Eason starter with CK as backup

Lastly, some of the crew is being a bit tough on Chloe.....

I agree with 80% of what she posts....

It does change some, but that’s ok......  

I am wrong a bunch, so who am I to throw stones?

The NFL uses secrecy to gain an advantage point. In the draft so they get their player.  They hide plays until they are in the Super Bowl so teams can’t watch tape of them. Change signals regularly. Etc...we can’t assume a FO is going to publicly divulge their inner workings. I don’t anyway. I assume that Chad and JB know where they stand behind closed doors. Now if that doesn’t happen then there is a problem. Meanwhile, be respectful and honest without saying everything that your rival could use.

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

The NFL uses secrecy to gain an advantage point. In the draft so they get their player.  They hide plays until they are in the Super Bowl so teams can’t watch tape of them. Change signals regularly. Etc...we can’t assume a FO is going to publicly divulge their inner workings. I don’t anyway. I assume that Chad and JB know where they stand behind closed doors. Now if that doesn’t happen then there is a problem. Meanwhile, be respectful and honest without saying everything that your rival could use.

We called it Bulletin Board Material

The Secrecy is at every level of the game

Archived