Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning interested in becoming NFL owner

Virtuoso80

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

What team would be for sale?  Nawlins, Atlanta, Tennessee, Charlotte?  The family just has too many ties to the southern USA that them owning something outside of that geography would seem strange to me.

The NFL would probably add an expansion team just for the Mannings

On 5/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, chad72 said:

Minority ownership is the best I can see happening with him there.

I know that Irsay has his girls primed to take over but it would be awesome to see Manning become part owner in the Colts. He would be an excellent voice for the organization, I don’t know how well he would be at the dealings of operations but man, just hearing him talk about the Colts and expectations and experiences would be 10000X better than hearing Irsay stumble through a press conference (even though I love Jim’s passion for the team, he is tough to listen to with his um’s and all). 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I know that Irsay has his girls primed to take over but it would be awesome to see Manning become part owner in the Colts. He would be an excellent voice for the organization, I don’t know how well he would be at the dealings of operations but man, just hearing him talk about the Colts and expectations and experiences would be 10000X better than hearing Irsay stumble through a press conference (even though I love Jim’s passion for the team, he is tough to listen to with his um’s and all). 

So because Irsay is not a good public speaker you think he should sell Manning a piece of the Colts? 

Are you serious? :facepalm:

I could see Cleveland with his relationship with the Haslam family there but I'm not an expert on that.   I don't see Denver as I think Elway would be first in line.  He could possibly make a bid on Tennessee.  I think the Saints would be another possibility. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So because Irsay is not a good public speaker you think he should sell Manning a piece of the Colts? 

Are you serious? :facepalm:

No, he just wants Manning to be the owner of the Colts, not that it is in Irsay's best interest. I certainly wish he would sell the Colt to Manning; that would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

No, he just wants Manning to be the owner of the Colts, not that it is in Irsay's best interest. I certainly wish he would sell the Colt to Manning; that would be awesome.

Manning's worth is around 220 million. 

Irsay's worth is around 2.99 billion.

The Colts are worth around 2.38 billion.

For someone, anyone to suggest that Manning should own the Colts is an insult to Irsay and a truly unrealistic comment to make. 

Manning does not even live in Indiana. 

Irsay could live anywhere in the world he wants to but has embraced Indianapolis as his own. 

Like I said, :facepalm:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Manning's worth is around 220 million. 

Irsay's worth is around 2.99 billion.

The Colts are worth around 2.38 billion.

For someone, anyone to suggest that Manning should own the Colts is an insult to Irsay and a truly unrealistic comment to make. 

Manning does not even live in Indiana. 

Irsay could live anywhere in the world he wants to but has embraced Indianapolis as his own. 

Like I said, :facepalm:

You can facepalm all you want, but once again, no one said Irsay should sell the Colts because it is in his best interest, or Peyton has a right or is more fitting as an owner.

As a fan of Peyton, it would be cool. That is it. That sentiment seems to be going over your head. I'm willing to bet Manning has more of a fan base than Irsay. 

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

You can facepalm all you want, but once again, no one said Irsay should sell the Colts because it is in his best interest, or Peyton has a right or is more fitting as an owner.

As a fan of Peyton, it would be cool. That is it. That sentiment seems to be going over your head. I'm willing to bet Manning has more of a fan base than Irsay. 

Manning's fan base has exactly zero to do with it.

That is a sentiment that seems to going over your head as well.

No matter how popular Manning is he can't afford a NFL team.  So even bringing the idea up is not only unrealistic, it is an insult to Irsay and his family. 

The Colts have been Irsay's life's work and just the idea he should sell part of or any of his team because it would be cool is a joke. 

I have found Manning's post retirement life so interesting. I thought for sure he would be involved in pro football in some way and he has instead just relaxed and did his Peyton Places show which was really good. Now this month he will play golf with Brady, Tiger, Phil for charity. He just seems really at peace and enjoying his life. It is a pleasant surprise as he was such an intense player I thought he might become like Jordan and be somewhat bitter without the game but he has been the exact opposite. Very nice to see.

12 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I don’t want to see Irsay out of majority ownership of the Colts, the man has been a great owner. He is very passionate about his team, he has spent plenty of money on it and involves the fans in a lot of ways. He is quirky and just an eccentric man. Manning could absolutely be an asset to not only the team, but to Jim and the Colts brand. 

you are correct, as a fan, it would be fantastic if we could get Peyton involved in an ownership partner to Irsay, wow, how much more recognition would this team get just with that bump alone. I would love to have Peyton as a minimum, to have a role with the team. Billy Brooks has done a phenomenal job but do you think the bump with Peyton involved wouldn’t be real? I do and so do many others. 

as for Peyton having the capital or resources to buy a team outright, that remains to be seen. I’m sure he would have to have some others with deeper pockets to help but a team outright. I don’t believe Jim would sell any part of the team to anyone right now because he has his girls ready to take over. Unless there was some discord or an unwillingness for them to have a complete and competent takeover, I just don’t see Manning as a part of the ownership in Indy.  It’s ok though. 

15 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t want to see Irsay out of majority ownership of the Colts, the man has been a great owner. He is very passionate about his team, he has spent plenty of money on it and involves the fans in a lot of ways. He is quirky and just an eccentric man. Manning could absolutely be an asset to not only the team, but to Jim and the Colts brand. 

you are correct, as a fan, it would be fantastic if we could get Peyton involved in an ownership partner to Irsay, wow, how much more recognition would this team get just with that bump alone. I would love to have Peyton as a minimum, to have a role with the team. Billy Brooks has done a phenomenal job but do you think the bump with Peyton involved wouldn’t be real? I do and so do many others. 

as for Peyton having the capital or resources to buy a team outright, that remains to be seen. I’m sure he would have to have some others with deeper pockets to help but a team outright. I don’t believe Jim would sell any part of the team to anyone right now because he has his girls ready to take over. Unless there was some discord or an unwillingness for them to have a complete and competent takeover, I just don’t see Manning as a part of the ownership in Indy.  It’s ok though. 

Agreed. 

Archived