Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers

runthepost

• 2 weeks later...

A Rod is a Top 10 QB of all-time IMO. I have guys like Peyton, Brady, Montana, Unitas, Elway, Graham, Marino, Favre, then Brees and Rodgers. When I think of those 10, that is freakin ELITE, no disrespect to Bart Starr, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, or Roger Staubach.

The Packers are just silly not to build around a top 10 QB of all-time that still can play 3 or 4 more years. Makes no sense to me. Something isn't right with him and management is my guess. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A Rod is a Top 10 QB of all-time IMO. I have guys like Peyton, Brady, Montana, Unitas, Elway, Graham, Marino, Favre, then Brees and Rodgers. When I think of those 10, that is freakin ELITE, no disrespect to Bart Starr, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, or Roger Staubach.

The Packers are just silly not to build around a top 10 QB of all-time that still can play 3 or 4 more years. Makes no sense to me. Something isn't right with him and management is my guess. 

I totally agree.... Rodgers might not be the most likable guy around, but its not like they went 8-8 and his career is on the wane.

They went 13-3 and lost in the playoffs primarily because he has Davante Adams and ZERO else as far as reliable WR options.

The Jordan Love pick was asinine enough....but to skunk Rodgers by not selecting a single WR in a draft full of them was a cold slap in the face.

1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

I totally agree.... Rodgers might not be the most likable guy around, but its not like they went 8-8 and his career is on the wane.

They went 13-3 and lost in the playoffs primarily because he has Davante Adams and ZERO else as far as reliable WR options.

The Jordan Love pick was asinine enough....but to skunk Rodgers by not selecting a single WR in a draft full of them was a cold slap in the face.

Yep. I even like Jordan Love but you would think they would've took a WR.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I even like Jordan Love but you would think they would've took a WR.

There were plenty to be had, that's for sure....well beyond having taken Love.

Heck.... Donovan Peoples-Jones went in the 6th round... they could have at least grabbed him and thrown Rodgers a table scrap. :dunno:

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

How does anyone come up with these obscure stats? I wonder how many games a player has finished without ripping a fart?

It was 2 hours and 15 minutes by  Sean O’ Hura O’Harrington , a long snapper for the  1959 Brooklyn Hillsteppers. He had a “ mishap“ in the 4th quarter ruining his perfect game. 

If Roger's wants out I'd hope Ballard is all over that. 

As management would say "This is a unique, unique opportunity for a unique unique player at the most important position... Look, we love Rivers, Rivers is a great guy. But this was just a really unique opportunity" 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I give Green Bay a pass on drafting Love.   Only because they did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers.  In 4-5 years, we'll know if this was a good draft pick.  

I don't have a problem with Green Bay drafting Love at all either.

The problem I have is they didn't draft a receiver for either Rogers or Love when they needed one regardless of who the QB is going to be after this season. 

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't have a problem with Green Bay drafting Love at all either.

The problem I have is they didn't draft a receiver for either Rogers or Love when they needed one regardless of who the QB is going to be after this season. 

I can understand that.   They did pass for over 400 yards last season with Adams missing 4 games and added Funchess for this season.   It still doesn't look like a huge improvement.  This all depends on how good Love is.  If Rodgers retires in 2 years and Love comes in and is a top 8 QB in the league, it'll look like a genius move.   

The year before the Packers drafted Rodgers, the Pack finished 10-6 and won their division.   Any number of players available in the draft would have helped the Packers more in 2005.  

I also thought Green Bay made a mistake by drafting Love, but I'm not as critical as most seem to be.

15 hours ago, Myles said:

I give Green Bay a pass on drafting Love.   Only because they did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers.  In 4-5 years, we'll know if this was a good draft pick.  

The difference though is they did trade up for Love, unlike Rodgers who simply fell to the Packers, so there's even more expectations on Love. We'll see what happens.

11 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The difference though is they did trade up for Love, unlike Rodgers who simply fell to the Packers, so there's even more expectations on Love. We'll see what happens.

A well-spotted additional slap that I’m sure Rodgers considers it.... since marinating in the green room for 3+ hours has pssd him off all these years.

But can you imagine the expectations Love would  have been under if we’d traded up into the Top 10 as some suggested prior to the Buckner trade?

I think the Love pick was pretty good by GB. Rodgers will be 36 this season and given his contract will play two more years putting him at 38 ready to turn 39 when Love will take the helm. Rodgers has also been declining the last few seasons. I think football people believe every QB will be Brady and Brees and play well into their 40s. They are the anomaly.

Archived