Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have stayed in contact with Jordan Love

I listened to the latest Reich interview on Colts.com. All I hear is his love for Rivers and JB.  He said he and Ballard were ready to roll with JB next year until Rivers became available. If they have their sights on drafting a QB this year, they are hiding it really well. If they intend to trade JB soon, they are hiding it really well. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballard is hard to predict and that is the way it should be. Good GM's should be. I seriously doubt we even take a QB, if we do, my guess is it will be in round 3 and someone nobody is expecting. I am guessing we take a WR and a TE with our 34 and 44. The Love train has passed IMO, had we really wanted Love we would've never traded our 13th pick. He will be gone by the time we pick. If I had to bet I say Love goes top 15.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard is hard to predict and that is the way it should be. Good GM's should be. I seriously doubt we even take a QB, if we do, my guess is it will be in round 3 and someone nobody is expecting. I am guessing we take a WR and a TE with our 34 and 44. The Love train has passed IMO, had we really wanted Love we would've never traded our 13th pick. He will be gone by the time we pick. If I had to bet I say Love goes top 15.

See I don’t think just because we traded and got Buckner Love is off the radar. Ballard thought the Buckner deal was too good to pass up and probably figured we could still get Love with a trade up. We can have both with the ammo we have.

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

I listened to the latest Reich interview on Colts.com. All I hear is his love for Rivers and JB.  He said he and Ballard were ready to roll with JB next year until Rivers became available. If they have their sights on drafting a QB this year, they are hiding it really well. If they intend to trade JB soon, they are hiding it really well. 

I just listened also.   Very good listen.

I am moving the remainder of my comment to the vidoe thread 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

See I don’t think just because we traded and got Buckner Love is off the radar. Ballard thought the Buckner deal was too good to pass up and probably figured we could still get Love with a trade up. We can have both with the ammo we have.

You are more optimistic then me. I can't see Ballard trading the 34 and 44 to move up. That is what it would take to put us back in the top 15.

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't think it is feasible to trade up  and build around Rivers.  Our 2nd round picks and 3r rounder can b uses to draft at least 1 te and a wr.  We have to find TYs replacement.  He is in a contract year and I am not signing him to an extension based on his last couple of years of production

You don't  get rid of Hilton  unless you find a beast to replace  him and even then I'd rather keep him around 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t have to be both seconds. You could add a future pick in 2021. 

He  could do that but would he? I think he’s very happy with what they have right now. Reich was giddy that Rivers had no physical decline after watching his tape.  I think Rivers could be here 2+years and maybe JB depending on how it goes. This is almost like having Luck back for them I think.

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite interesting that the Colts are staying in contact with Jordan Love. With a QB, either Ballard thinks he has potential to lead the franchise for the next decade, or he doesn't. If its the latter, then Ballard would have no reason to stay in contact. There is a chance he could drop to the 20s.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I've never been impressed by his interviews. Part of what gives me pause with him. 

I don’t need slicked up answers that sound like a robot. That is what gives me pause with Herbert. What impresses me with Love is he is always talking about areas he needs to improve. He is very self aware. You can tell by his interviews he submerges himself in football and works at it very hard.  I don’t need someone who sounds smart or feels like they have been coached up in interviews. I like Loves rawness and wanting to always improve his craft.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t need slicked up answers that sound like a robot. That is what gives me pause with Herbert. What impresses me with Love is he is always talking about areas he needs to improve. He is very self aware. You can tell by his interviews he submerges himself in football and works at it very hard.  I don’t need someone who sounds smart or feels like they have been coached up in interviews. I like Loves rawness and wanting to always improve his craft.

Herbert isn’t slicked up or trying to sound smart. He is very smart by all accounts and somewhat sheltered and introverted.  That’s what causes concern that he might not be a good leader. 

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To me he sounds like he's been prepared and he sounds very generic and contrived, but not executing the preparation very well. I don't know. I've been his biggest fan here and I've wanted to be impressed by his interviews but I've always been left underwhelmed a bit. Not that this is the be all or that I'm some sort of great judge so take it with a bucket of salt but yeah... just my opinion. 

Herbert sounds smart, because he IS smart. He's academic all American like... 3 times? Academic All-American of the Year twice? If anything what should worry us is that he will be too smart for football and just choose to do something else after several years in the league. 

Archived