Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS Sports Prospect Rankings

I think they do a nice job each year and they have multiple analysts and use an aggregate to rank players.  They don't see any other QB's other than Burrow and Tua ranked in the top 19, and Herbert is #20.  I don't think it's a good idea to reach for a QB just because he's a QB.  I have always thought its best to get the BPA.  If that happens to be a QB, then so be it.  But don't just grab a guy because he's a position of need when better overall players are still on the board.  That CAN work out for you but often it does not.  And by NO MEANS do you trade UP to grab such a player.  That is a recipe for disaster.  For the record, they have Herbert at 20, Love at 33, and Eason at 34.  The next QB on the board?  Fromm at 93!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

• Like 1

32 GMs - 32 different boards. If someone has Eason as a Top 10 player, there's nothing you can do about it. 

I'd wait till nfl.com puts out its grade, the draft tends to be closer to the nfl.com draft grade for players than any other site, based on history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

32 GMs - 32 different boards. If someone has Eason as a Top 10 player, there's nothing you can do about it. 

I'd wait till nfl.com puts out its grade, the draft tends to be closer to the nfl.com draft grade for players than any other site, based on history.

A former GM gave that ranking I’d guess. Bet that GM is named Grigson lol. 

• Like 1

I’m not typically a fan of CBS Sports prospect rankings.   I scrolled down and didn’t see anything too terrible until after pick 50.   

Saw a bunch of names that I think should be much higher. 

Glad to see my man Chad72 using my Mantra...   32 different teams...   32 different boards.   

• Like 3

On 2/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, twfish said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

CBS is probably one of the worst out there, I would not put a lot of weight in their words.

Well, that's personal preference I guess.  I have always like them because of the way they have it arranged and they also use multiple analysts.  Let's see what other sites like NFL.com have to say.  Just giving information.  Of course it's going to have zero to do with where GM's draft.

31 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Prepare yourself to be disappointed. I think there's a good chance 3, maybe even 4 QBs go in the top 10 and we need one.

If 4 QB's are gone by pick 13 there is going to be some blue chip talent available. We could get a steal of a pick and go with a guy like Rivers at QB.  Then draft a later round QB and hope he develops.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, twfish said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

CBS is probably one of the worst out there, I would not put a lot of weight in their words.

It's not that different than the other mainstream big boards. And the CBS mocks are no worse than others. Canfora was top 10, and Trapasso 15ish in mock scores last year. They are the best typically from CBS. Kiper was 50ish and Buckie was 70ish... If anything, ESPN and NFL.com are worse. A few of their guys are decent. Guys from Walter placed 1st and 2nd last year which was impressive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's not that different than the other mainstream big boards. And the CBS mocks are no worse than others. Canfora was top 10, and Trapasso 15ish in mock scores last year. They are the best typically from CBS. Kiper was 50ish and Buckie was 70ish... If anything, ESPN and NFL.com are worse. A few of their guys are decent. Guys from Walter placed 1st and 2nd last year which was impressive.

Thanks for the tip.  I will check them out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Kevin Hanson has the highest rated average. He won 2015 and was second last year. Even Silva is high also. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Kevin Hanson has the highest rated average. He won 2015 and was second last year. Even Silva is high also. 

I like both a lot. Both were top 10 the last two years. Not as mainstream as the others, but great mockers. It cracks me up when folks get excited over guys like Kiper. He's turrrrrible.... lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

no prob. if you're interested in seeing who the best mockers are from the last two years, here's the ratings/rankings.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

Holy Cow!  Charlie Campbell was graded highest last year, so I looked at his mock.  Could it be any more perfect?  He did a 3 round mock (last updated 2/24) and here is what he has right now:

1) Javon Kinlaw

2a) Jordan Love (doubt he lasts this long but who knows???)

2b) Cole Kmet

3) Stanford Samuels III, CB, Fla St

Probably not very likely given the need for QB but that right there would be a freakin awesome start to the draft for Ballard & Co.  Two for the offense, two for the defense.  I know it's not a WR, but a TE could give whomever the QB is another weapon too, and it's a deep WR draft so they may be able to get a guy like Tyler Johnson later on.  I would be SO excited for a draft like this, but I just don't think it'll happen.  Then again.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

Holy Cow!  Charlie Campbell was graded highest last year, so I looked at his mock.  Could it be any more perfect?  He did a 3 round mock (last updated 2/24) and here is what he has right now:

1) Javon Kinlaw

2b) Cole Kmet

Probably not very likely given the need for QB but that right there would be a freakin awesome start to the draft for Ballard & Co.  Two for the offense, two for the defense.  I know it's not a WR, but a TE could give whomever the QB is another weapon too, and it's a deep WR draft so they may be able to get a guy like Tyler Johnson later on.  I would be SO excited for a draft like this, but I just don't think it'll happen.  Then again.......

We could hope, but he'll have a different mock right before the draft as will the others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

If 4 QB's are gone by pick 13 there is going to be some blue chip talent available. We could get a steal of a pick and go with a guy like Rivers at QB.  Then draft a later round QB and hope he develops.

You say that like it's a guarantee. There are no guarantees in the draft. You take the BPA and its possible 4 QBs are in the top 10 BPA.

17 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

1) Javon Kinlaw

2b) Cole Kmet

I'd love that draft, but yes, not likely Love drops that far. I wouldn't be shocked though. Personally I'd take and OT at 2B, but I do love Kmet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You say that like it's a guarantee. There are no guarantees in the draft. You take the BPA and its possible 4 QBs are in the top 10 BPA.

If 4 QB's are taken before the Colts pick it's pretty likely that a highly rated player will be available. It means 8 non QB positions were picked. I think there will be some great options.

25 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

If 4 QB's are taken before the Colts pick it's pretty likely that a highly rated player will be available. It means 8 non QB positions were picked. I think there will be some great options.

I obviously am in favor of drafting a QB. But if it doesnt pan out that way, so be it. I wouldnt be disappointed if we took one of those non QB guys. I am kind of in favor of moving up though. I know many aren't. But to me, about the only positions I'd move up for is QB and DE. Maaaaaybe a stud LT or CB.