Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Trade?

Korey

On 2/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I think that if you want to trade up for a QB it is going to have to be to 3. I think if the Colts were to trade to 4 that Miami would just make a deal with Detroit to go to 3. 

Current 1st and future 1st is what it will take to move up to No.4, and still have enough picks this year to play with, IMO.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Is Jordan Love really getting valued that high though? He threw a ton of INT's. I think he's a 1st round talent, but is overhyped if we're saying he's top-5 in the draft.

If I were going to trade up for a QB I would go ahead and go all in and trade up to 3 and get Tua. If you are going to go for it go big. I'm not a fan of trading up for any of these QB's. I would prefer to try and get Carr from the Raiders and use our 1st for some DL or WR help.  

43 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

If I were going to trade up for a QB I would go ahead and go all in and trade up to 3 and get Tua. If you are going to go for it go big. I'm not a fan of trading up for any of these QB's. I would prefer to try and get Carr from the Raiders and use our 1st for some DL or WR help.  

i agree about trading up, doubt the raiders want to trade carr that badly just so they can be picking from the same qbs we would if we didnt trade for carr

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i agree about trading up, doubt the raiders want to trade carr that badly just so they can be picking from the same qbs we would if we didnt trade for carr

I'm just assuming that the Raiders are looking to trade Carr based on all of the rumors that have been swirling this off season. If I were Ballard, (and I'm sure every Colts fan is thankful I'm not) I would call the Raiders and see if there is any interest in making a trade for Carr before trying to move up for a QB in this year's draft.

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Is Jordan Love really getting valued that high though? He threw a ton of INT's. I think he's a 1st round talent, but is overhyped if we're saying he's top-5 in the draft.

I agree, Love is a fringe 1st rounder who’s getting massively overhyped. If we were to trade up for him, it would be wasting draft capital and hurting our team IMO

On 2/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, ReMeDy said:

It's always possible because you never know who's going to fall in love with a QB.  But I think in terms of most likely scenarios there is probably a 80% chance that Love falls to us at 13 and there is probably at least a 50% chance that he falls to 34.  I'm pretty confident right now that Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Easton will all go before him.  

I don't think him going in the top 5 is a likely scenario.  

If we are trading up to get into the top 5 we are doing it to get Herbert, Tua, or Burrow.  (Probably not Burrow because he will be gone but the Bengals could always shock everyone and go a different direction.)

If Ballard doesn't think anyone available is worth No.13, and the Eagles come calling, he can always move back to No.21, still in front of the Saints and Patriots, and gain the Eagles' 2nd rounder as well in the process. That way, he can still get a QB later if that suits his evaluation later.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Ballard doesn't think anyone available is worth No.13, and the Eagles come calling, he can always move back to No.21, still in front of the Saints and Patriots, and gain the Eagles' 2nd rounder as well in the process. That way, he can still get a QB later if that suits his evaluation later.

A move back to get a 2nd rounder would be pretty typical of Ballard.  But you have to consider that you can always get jumped between 13 and 21. 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Kinclaw and Brown are both gone its not a bad idea. I would jump all over Isiah Simmons if he is there at 13. Dude is gonna be special.

Archived