Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis Tweets He Will Play Sam

chad72

I am also very glad that Robert Mathis is staying! What a wonderful tribute to the organization. All of these "old" Colts are already showing the country that there is a great reason to "stick with the guy who 'brung ya'" and that gives all of us long-time Colts fans a good feeling about our team and where it's going. Everyone knows that it's going to take lots of hard work and dedication, but they can do it if we get behind the team and show our support! We tend to be a bit too glum about what looks like a terrible season and we haven't even got the team put together yet!!!!! Give things a chance and start thinking on the bright side...maybe it'll be contagious with our players and 2012 will be a very happy surprise! Don't lose hope!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a new member of the boards, but I am NOT new to the Colts. My husband and I and our 2 children (grown and have families of their own, one in the Boston area, and the other in Dallas)...the only reason we moved away from Indy was to be with some of our grandchildren here. We spent the years from 1976 through 2001 in Indy and we have many good friends still there that we keep in touch with monthly! We are NOT Dallas Cowboys fans!! We are still died in the wool Colts fans and always will be! So...don't give up on our beloved COLTS! They really need us right now!

With exception of third and long, I don't see Frathis being out on the field at the same time.

If I remember correctly Ware's main goal is to rush the passer on 92% of his snaps. I assume that it will be the same with Frathis.

Pagano is also going to constantly rotate the guys. It worked incredibly well in the Ravens game against the 49ers. They would just bring in their rushers off the bench, fresh and ready to knock Smith's head off. The 49ers worn out oline didnt have answer for the Ravens rotation.

How well can he backpedal?

How well can Mathis backpedal? I think they both can make the transition, I don't get why everybody thinks Mathis can while Freeney will fail. They've both been ends for the past decade. The Colts can blitz them both from anywhere now without resorting to all the useless stunts we used to use. Hopefully they aren't useless in coverage, but they're both extremely athletic.

4 or so weeks ago when Pagano called Mathis AND Freeney "game wreckers" he also said he wanted them both and they'd "be Colts" ... I'm not sure why the negotiating is taking so long, maybe Freeney's agent is trying to work a better deal for him, but I'd be shocked if Freeney doesn't get signed soon. I hope so.. looking forward to some serious GAME WRECKING! <3 Mathis!

at least with this we can have the same opportunites as other guys in the league...i dont know but at least i wont be a blocking dummy anymore in a predictable over2...he is the Rush LB (Suggs) -Freeney

I am excited to see Free & Mathis standing up and unleashed. And am interested in seeing if Jerry Hughes can turn it around in a 3/4.

ROBERT MATHIS @RobertMathis98

4-3 got freeney and i chipped to death!!! at least with this we can have the same opportunites as other guys in the league

i dont know but at least i wont be a blocking dummy anymore in a predictable over2

he is the Rush LB (Suggs) -Freeney

Absolutely correct, that is one of my favorite posts and reaffirms that even the defensive players hated the Tampa 2

Be careful what you wish for...

...Cover 2 was safety first......attack style defenses get eeat for big plays..

esepcially with limited talent on the corners.

I hope there's a plan.

No more 7-10 yard cushion! :banana:

I agree but a long play and a field goal gets us on the field faster than being pick apart by 7-15 yard plays for 20 plays/10 minute drives and a field goal. At least we can give the offense time to do something.

No more 7-10 yard cushion! :banana:

I agree but a long play and a field goal gets us on the field faster than being pick apart by 7-15 yard plays for 20 plays/10 minute drives and a field goal. At least we can give the offense time to do something.

You're absolutely right. It's called situational playcalling, something that Larry Coyer apparently didn't believe in.

Be careful what you wish for...

...Cover 2 was safety first......attack style defenses get eeat for big plays..

esepcially with limited talent on the corners.

I hope there's a plan.

No more 7-10 yard cushion!

Its not like we never gave up huge plays anyways. I hated letting the offense dictate to our defense how the game was going to be played. It was death by paper cuts. We need to unleash our best players and attack.

i got a feelin Wheeler will be the other olb. He was an excellent rusher in college and showed he can rush the qb in the times he was designed to.

Yes but it would make little sense to have Mathis in coverage and Wheeler rushing.

I want to go on the record; Robert Mathis will be a great LB.

It continues to amaze me how under-appreciated RM is by some. The man is an absolute phenom.

Agree, I was trying to say that in another thread a few weeks ago about franchising Mathis. He is a guy that knows how to play football and has spent is college and NFL career doing things that many said he could not do. Give me an entire team of Robert Mathis' and it would be a team that would win a lot of super bowls.