Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good morning, Matabix!  Welcome to the forums.  And welcome to the Wonderful World of Amateur GM's!  Where we all pretend we know more than the professionals!

Here is your obligatory tool kit.  A variety of websites that rank NFL draft prospects according to, oh, we haven't found out their system yet.  But they rank them anyway!

You'll find your WR's in here, all ranked, rated, folded, spindled, mutilated, for your analyzing pleasure!

Happy hunting!

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2020-Page-1.asp

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020QB.php

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

• Like 5

Just did youtube highlights of Jeudy and Shenault. Highlights not lowlights, but like Shenault a little better so far. 

Jeudy catches looked like body catches and Shenault extends.

Jeudy might be a product of those around him. Obviously Shenault didn't have the talent around him as Jeudy did. 

Not sure about eithers route running though.

No one meets all your criteria.  The closest is definitely Jerry Jeudy...which is why he’ll be a top 10 pick, easily.  I’m settling into Henry Ruggs, Alabama.  Probably a 4.30 guy, and great hands and body control.  6’, 190 lbs.  Needs to work quite a bit on his routes, as he was mainly just a vertical guy who ran deep in college.  Got his separation from his blinding speed.  But the tools and athletic ability are there to develop in this area...

10 hours ago, Matabix said:

I don't watch college football much, occasional ND or IU game but that's it.

Who's maybe 3 top WR declaring for draft that fit this mold:

Hands, hands, hands 

6'2+ 190lbs+

Sub 4.5

Good at routes

Need opinions please.

The 3 i like(available when we pick and in later rounds)

Tee Higgins

Gabriel Davis

Binjimen Victor (late round but great hands and catch radius)

11 hours ago, Archer said:

No one meets all your criteria.  The closest is definitely Jerry Jeudy...which is why he’ll be a top 10 pick, easily.  I’m settling into Henry Ruggs, Alabama.  Probably a 4.30 guy, and great hands and body control.  6’, 190 lbs.  Needs to work quite a bit on his routes, as he was mainly just a vertical guy who ran deep in college.  Got his separation from his blinding speed.  But the tools and athletic ability are there to develop in this area...

Haven't we seen this movie before?

• Thanks 1

Certainly not 6'4 but I'm a pretty big fan thus far of Davonta Smith with our second pick in the 2nd round (Pick 44). Not as fast as Ruggs, but still looks top tier and 6'1. I'll be really intrigued to see his combine/pro day numbers. This is such a nice year for WRs, and the end of round 2 seems like a perfect place to land one. 

32 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Certainly not 6'4 but I'm a pretty big fan thus far of Davonta Smith with our second pick in the 2nd round (Pick 44). Not as fast as Ruggs, but still looks top tier and 6'1. I'll be really intrigued to see his combine/pro day numbers. This is such a nice year for WRs, and the end of round 2 seems like a perfect place to land one. 

He is going back to school.

5 hours ago, Matabix said:

Still liking Shenault looks like he extends more for catches.

I watched a lot of Shenault this year. His qb Montez was horrible, but Shenault is far from a polished wr. He excels after the catch, on reverses, and on screens right now, but his route running needs a lot of work as he struggles to break off his routes and separate. He reminds me of a poor mans Sammy Watkins coming out right now. 

LSU’s Justin Jefferson is a guy to check out. He has the size, route running and speed you are looking for. 

Jalen Reagor does not have the size but he is a better route runner than Shenault and will crush the combine showing off his athleticism. 

henry Ruggs speed and athleticism is off the chart but I would argue he was the third best wr at bama this year. 

Denzel Mims from Baylor is another wr to check out. He has the speed, size and body control outside WRs need. His route running is a work in progress but he has shown progression year over year. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

I think we’re much better off at WR than many people think.  TY Hilton, Funchess and Paris Campbell should be back healthy.  Zack Pascal and Marcus Rodgers showed a lot of promise last season.  I definitely would not draft more than 1 WR.

Funchess is a FA. Hilton is getting older which is the reason we are seeing some of these injuries the past two years. Campbell has shown very little thus far. He is pretty much Deon Cain so far, showing flashes here and there but will he put it together. 

Agree Pascal is fine as a 4th Wr and Johnson is fine as a fifth. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Funchess is a FA. Hilton is getting older which is the reason we are seeing some of these injuries the past two years. Campbell has shown very little thus far. He is pretty much Deon Cain so far, showing flashes here and there but will he put it together. 

Agree Pascal is fine as a 4th Wr and Johnson is fine as a fifth. 

Nope want the next  randy moss lol

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is going back to school.

Bummer, but definitely wise. He looks like a top WR getting overshadowed by not one but two WRs on the same team. He can now play another year, possibly be the new top target, have a big year and be a possibly sure thing 1st rounder in 2021.

• Like 1

Ceedee Lamb probably fits best the description you posted. 

Jerry Jeudy is close but probably not as tall. 

Both are probably going to get drafted before our pick. And if they don't we should be running to the podium with their names(if we don't like a QB at 13).

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Ceedee Lamb probably fits best the description you posted. 

Jerry Jeudy is close but probably not as tall. 

Both are probably going to get drafted before our pick. And if they don't we should be running to the podium with their names(if we don't like a QB at 13).

Ceedee is an awesome talent

The question is..... if Javon Kinlaw is on the board do you take Ceedee (if he is on the board)

I like them both, but would probably go with Kinlaw, and try to get WR in round 2

The Colts may have this EXACT choice in front of them on draft day

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Ceedee is an awesome talent

The question is..... if Javon Kinlaw is on the board do you take Ceedee (if he is on the board)

I like them both, but would probably go with Kinlaw, and try to get WR in round 2

The Colts may have this EXACT choice in front of them on draft day

I like both too. But I LOVE Lamb. And he's playing the more premium position too. I think Lamb is a blue chip prospect, I don't think Kinlaw is. 

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I like both too. But I LOVE Lamb. And he's playing the more premium position too. I think Lamb is a blue chip prospect, I don't think Kinlaw is. 

Lamb has amazing talent, and folks would HAVE to game plan for him.

A WR team that has a healthy TY, a healthy Campbell, and Lamb on the field at the same time would be a scary thought for a def coordinator.   Teams would have to start with a nickle coverage, and we could actually RUN THE BALL as well

I get it...... (Of course we would need improved QB play to exploit this)

But, when you have no interior pass rush, this defense gets mauled

Tough choices ahead!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Lamb has amazing talent, and folks would HAVE to game plan for him.

A WR team that has a healthy TY, a healthy Campbell, and Lamb on the field at the same time would be a scary thought for a def coordinator.   Teams would have to start with a nickle coverage, and we could actually RUN THE BALL as well

I get it...... (Of course we would need improved QB play to exploit this)

But, when you have no interior pass rush, this defense gets mauled

Tough choices ahead

I would say take Lamb, and then target the 2 best DT on the board round 2. We could get Neville Gallimore and Rashard Lawrence both are big with a alot of push up the center of the line, both are quick and can stunt as well

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I would say take Lamb, and then target the 2 best DT on the board round 2. We could get Neville Gallimore and Rashard Lawrence both are big with a alot of push up the center of the line, both are quick and can stunt as well

I need to research those 2

Part of me thinks that they go defense first.... but many months until draft

36 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

There is DT from Missouri that's flying under the radar right now but by draft time might be pushing early-mid R2, if not even higher... Jordan Elliott. Very disruptive both in the run game and in the pass game. He's an explosive gap penetrator that will be best in a scheme exactly like ours - one that unleashes the pass rush and doesn't rely on the linemen to do a lot of thinking and reading, but rather just go get the QB. He's a PFF darling. I have to honest that I have watched just one game of him, but from what I'm hearing he will be a riser come draft time. 

10 hours ago, Qcolts said:

Shenault is far from a polished wr. He excels after the catch, on reverses, and on screens right now, but his route running needs a lot of work as he struggles to break off his routes and separate.

I was just about to say the same thing. I like Shenault's upside but he's far from a finished product. Jeudy is about as polished as it gets in terms of WR prospects.