Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R-E-L-A-X

AKB

Colts get Titans at home next week, Texans get the hoodie. I think there is a good chance we are tied for the division after next weekend. 

Offensive line is still the BEST in the NFL. 

Also the only glaring weakness on the roster right now is WR and perhaps a true shut down corner. We will get Funch back down the stretch. And T.Y will knock the rust off eventually. 

This season is far from over. 

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

No it isn't, the run blocking is one of the best in the NFL if not the best but our pass blocking is sub par. There was no pass rusher worth note on that Texans team last night and I saw Brissett get rushed far too early. In the Dolphins game, they don't have a pass rusher outside of Taco Charleton and if you wanna call Godchaux a Denico Autry type DT(Charles Harris is below average), and they were able to pressure Brissett too often. 

The reason the pass blocking last year looked so good was because Luck was so good at maneuvering around the pocket. Braden Smith isn't very good at pass blocking as well as Glow. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Colts get Titans at home next week, Texans get the hoodie. I think there is a good chance we are tied for the division after next weekend. 

Also the only glaring weakness on the roster right now is WR and perhaps a true shut down corner. We will get Funch back down the stretch. And T.Y will knock the rust off eventually. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

If we are tied, Houston holds the tie breaker...

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

If we win next week and Houston loses, we would once again be in the lead in the South, as crazy as that sounds.

Hypothetically, let’s say we win and the cows lose

In order of tiebreakers:

1. Record- 7-5 v 7-5, next tiebreaker

2. Head to Head- 1-1 v 1-1, next tiebreaker

3. Division Record- 4-1 (I) v 3-1 (H)

Well hot damn, somehow we may escape this impending doom.

There’s my glimmer of hope for this season I’ve been searching for

5 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Glowinski and Smith are huge liabilities on the right side of the offensive line in pass blocking. Smith should move back to his natural guard position and Ballard should be looking into signing or drafting a right tackle. 

Overall there is a lot of talent on this team - they have lost games they had no business losing. Last night was very winnable.

I like our defense - I think our corners are fine. It is hard to blame them for not being able to blanket Hopkins and Fullmer for an entire 60 minutes. imaging if JB had both of these wide outs to throw to.  We missed not having willis in line up at Safety and I think we missed Rock. I like our line backers and for most part our front 7. We can use a stud at DT and we can use another EDGE rusher. This team has to be able to put more pressure on the QB - will take some heat off of the secondary.

On offense the most glaring need is at wide out. Perhaps  Campbell fills that need but we can certainly use a #2 pick on a wide out. I think we need a RT and that Smith should probably move over to guard.  I think we can also use a play maker at TE. Doyle is fine but not a real offensive threat. Ebron drops too many passes. 

I am fine with JB - but if we have the opportunity to find a young QB in draft who can be groomed  - why not go for it.  

The time has come for us to replace AV and I would love for us to find a punt returner or kick returner who can get us some better field position.

In terms of RB - we seem to be set. Williams looks pretty good. Mack has shown that he is for real. I think Wilkins and Nyines are fine. If we think we need a back we can look at middle rounds.

6 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

The only glaring weakness is Brissett.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Doesn't matter because HOU just took over the tiebreaker. They have to lose at least two games ROS for the Colts to even have a chance to get it back.

It's time to start scoreboard watching.

They lose to the titans  once and we win out out then we win division