• Indy by 21+
  2. 2. Will Brissett have another great game vs Houston

• Yes, he'll do even better than his 326 yard, 4 TD game
    • Yes, but not the level of Game 1
    • It will be a mixed bag but not bad
    • He'll have a bad game
  3. 3. How will our D perform

• Great - we'll shut down Hyde again, and limit Watkins
    • Good - we won't be as good as last time, but we'll limit them to 24 or less
    • Poor - we'll give up 25-35 pts
    • Awful - we'll give up 36+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2019 at 12:30 AM

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And don't forget the 15 yard penalty at the end of the Denver game that put us in FG range.

We've been very fortunate this year overall relevant to timely penalties (deserved and undeserved).

Don’t forget the Falcons game too. The Falcons kept shooting them selves every critical moment in the second half 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And don't forget the 15 yard penalty at the end of the Denver game that put us in FG range.

We've been very fortunate this year overall relevant to timely penalties (deserved and undeserved).

Yeah, there were a lot of sighs of relief during the Chiefs/Texans games. I'd forgotten about the Denver penalty but that was huge too. Not trying to take away from those wins, especially the Chiefs/Texans wins, but with how close they all ended up it just goes to show how narrow our margin of victory has been.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, there were a lot of sighs of relief during the Chiefs/Texans games. I'd forgotten about the Denver penalty but that was huge too. Not trying to take away from those wins, especially the Chiefs/Texans wins, but with how close they all ended up it just goes to show how narrow our margin of victory has been.

We've had a lot of bad luck (kicking game, etc.), but have also had a lot of good breaks (penalties, turnovers, etc.). So many games could have gone either way.

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

@2006Coltsbestever

So here's my JB prediction for tomorrow....

260ish yards

70ish QBR

3 TDs 0 INTs

JB will throw at least 3 passes with at least 20 air yards

What's yours?

I will go 230ish

2 TD's 0 INT's

-Assuming TY does play I have a feeling he will have 1 pass of 40 yards+ to TY. You have JB doing a little better than me because I still think we run the ball a lot. I can see 230 from JB and 100 yards on the ground even without Mack. I hope you are right and he puts up your numbers. :thmup:

Houston sports radio said today since Watt got hurt the Texans are near last in the NFL in pressuring the opposing QBs. Th teams are pretty much evenly matched but I'll give our coach the nod on who is a better coach. Think if the Colts got hammered like the Texans did, would we not blame the coach for at least correcting some things at halftime?

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

@2006Coltsbestever

So here's my JB prediction for tomorrow....

260ish yards

70ish QBR

3 TDs 0 INTs

JB will throw at least 3 passes with at least 20 air yards

What's yours?

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will go 230ish

2 TD's 0 INT's

-Assuming TY does play I have a feeling he will have 1 pass of 40 yards+ to TY. You have JB doing a little better than me because I still think we run the ball a lot. I can see 230 from JB and 100 yards on the ground even without Mack. I hope you are right and he puts up your numbers. :thmup:

I'm going with 260ish and 3 assuming TY is not playing. If you add TY I'll go 280ish and 4.

IMO, JB will have to have that in order to win, so I think Reich calls for that kind of game plan.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Houston sports radio said today since Watt got hurt the Texans are near last in the NFL in pressuring the opposing QBs. Th teams are pretty much evenly matched but I'll give our coach the nod on who is a better coach. Think if the Colts got hammered like the Texans did, would we not blame the coach for at least correcting some things at halftime?

look at the first post in this thread / OP. It lists Houston's ranks for sacks, blitz, and total QB pressures (hurries, hits, knockdowns, and sacks).

From Golic and Wingo

Watson is incredible on Thursday night games. He's averaging a 95 QBR....... 

They also shared the state from NFL Live's graphic that whoever wins tonight is 73% likely to win the division. The loser only has 20% chance. I'm assuming that 17% delta includes chances for both Jax and TN.

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Anyone else worried that the calf could restrain if they rush him back? It sounds like he could play and he could also rest another week. 

A little concerned, but with the magnitude of this game I hope they chance it.  Since PIT and OAK have the tie-breakers on us, the division win is crucial.  I don't totally believe the ESPN numbers, but 73% to 20% is huge.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Anyone else worried that the calf could restrain if they rush him back? It sounds like he could play and he could also rest another week. 

Maybe a little but I don’t think they would let him play if that was the case. This is a lot different then the ankle last year.

I really do think our playoff chances are slim if we don’t win this game. Our losses have really hurt us in the breaker situations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

To be fair, I think his tweet might be a little confusing relative to the graphic. The graphic shows odds currently. It favors us winning the division. With a loss, those odds would go down, and the WC would likely go up a bit.

Either way, this game is as much a MUST WIN as any playoff game.

• Like 1

We hold no tiebreakers if we lose tonight. We lose the tiebreakers to Houston and Oakland if records are the same. The odds of making the playoffs are very small if we lose.  If we need a wildcard we better hope Oakland wins the division. Because of the KC win we would get in over them. We also need the jags to beat the titans Sunday. Right now I am not to concerned with Pittsburgh with all their WR injuries and Pouncey suspended. Oakland is the team I am concerned about. Let’s hope the Jets can keep their win streak alive and best them this weekend. The bills do have some tough games ahead. 

21 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Take another look at HOU's past TNF opponents. Lol.

Yup, one of the teams that beat us this year lol

In all fairness, JB's never had a starting QBR in the 90s, and rarely above 70. One of the two teams Houston played, (Cincinnati) JB had a QBR of 20 against.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

absolutely. if we lose, we likely still get in if we win out, might get in with one additional loss to NO, but would have almost zero chance any other way.

How can this be the same 'must win' game as the playoffs? Are we automatically eliminated from playoff contention if we lose tonight? Madness. 

Just now, braveheartcolt said:

How can this be the same 'must win' game as the playoffs? Are we automatically eliminated from playoff contention if we lose tonight? Madness. 

if we win tonight

73% we win the division

82% we are in the playoffs

If we lose, uphill battle reliant on others to lose...

From a pure odds perspective, it's likely the season... I'd prefer not to have to pull a 2018 to get to the playoffs. I don't think we're built for it. And I'd love to have a home game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

if we win tonight

73% we win the division

From a pure odds perspective, it's likely the season... I'd prefer not to have to pull a 2018 to get to the playoffs. I don't think we're built for it. And I'd love to have a home game.

This. I would rather be in control of our own destiny. I don’t want to be scoreboard watching other teams.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

if we win tonight

73% we win the division

I think 10-6 would still probably get us in so if we lose tonight that would mean we could still probably lose 1 more. 10-6 based on the %'s over the years usually gets teams into the playoffs. I will agree though, whoever wins tonight is in the drivers seat to win the South. Also keep in mind, lets this say this scenario happens = we lose tonight but the Texans lose to the Pats next week which is probable. We beat the Titans at home which is probable, then both teams are 7-5 at that point. It is possible that the Texans could lose a game vs the Titans as well and we may not lose another division game. At this point we would have the tiebreaker over Houston because of division record.

20 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

IE: if the Colts lose tonight, this forum will be a difficult visit until we regain the statistical advantage. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think 10-6 would still probably get us in so if we lose tonight that would mean we could still probably lose 1 more. 10-6 based on the %'s over the years usually gets teams into the playoffs. I will agree though, whoever wins tonight is in the drivers seat to win the South. Also keep in mind, lets this say this scenario happens = we lose tonight but the Texans lose to the Pats next week which is probable. We beat the Titans at home which is probable, then both teams are 7-5 at that point. It is possible that the Texans could lose a game vs the Titans as well and we may not lose another division game. At this point we would have the tiebreaker over Houston because of division record.

We win tonight, we control our own destiny. If we lose tonight, we don't, and have to rely on bad performance of others.

Check out the playoff calculator I posted if you have time.

• Like 2