Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hats off to the running game!

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Optimism is great and needed. I’ve had my football heart broken too many times over the years though with talent  flashed once and then lost to the abyss lol. 

I feel ya. I do think Williams is more RB2 (closer to Mack's style), while Wilkins is more complimentary (does different things, shiftier). I'd just be happy to have someone that can hit the hole hard between the tackles without dancing, and give Mack some rest in games. Too much reliance on him, and need to keep some tread on the tires.

Wow. Williams looked good today.  He explodes through the holes & creases quickly.  That's the kind of change of pace running we've been needing to compliment Mack's more probing style. 

I heard a rumor that CB wanted Jacobs from Alabama & when Gruden took him we traded out of the first.  He'd have represented what we saw out of Williams today. 

I hope Mack isn't hurt bad because I think our O Line & running game were about to take off with Mack & Williams both getting carries. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I feel ya. I do think Williams is more RB2 (closer to Mack's style), while Wilkins is more complimentary (does different things, shiftier). I'd just be happy to have someone that can hit the hole hard between the tackles without dancing, and give Mack some rest in games. Too much reliance on him, and need to keep some tread on the tires.

I wholeheartedly agree here. I’m the age of 2 back systems, you need to be similarly good with that second guy, even if they aren’t the same style. Sucks that Mack is out for this stretch now. Williams gets to audition for sure. Let’s hope TY is back for Houston game, we need someone to help that shifty and deep threat to remove some pressure from the run stop attempts. 

9 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Wow. Williams looked good today.  He explodes through the holes & creases quickly.  That's the kind of change of pace running we've been needing to compliment Mack's more probing style. 

I heard a rumor that CB wanted Jacobs from Alabama & when Gruden took him we traded out of the first.  He'd have represented what we saw out of Williams today. 

I hope Mack isn't hurt bad because I think our O Line & running game were about to take off with Mack & Williams both getting carries. 

That wouldn't surprise me.  I think that Williams catch was the biggest chunk play by a RB in the passing game all season. More of that please.

10 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I wholeheartedly agree here. I’m the age of 2 back systems, you need to be similarly good with that second guy, even if they aren’t the same style. Sucks that Mack is out for this stretch now. Williams gets to audition for sure. Let’s hope TY is back for Houston game, we need someone to help that shifty and deep threat to remove some pressure from the run stop attempts. 

Houston's passing D is among the worst in the league, so I expect us to pass more than run, and scheme similar to the first game against them. 

TY got doubled/tripled a lot, and aside for a few catches (one was a TD), he was pretty limited and not very effective. JB was forcing it big time to him with all kinds of DBs around him. Not saying I don't want TY back, but JB will need to look elsewhere. Pascal had a very good game once Reich started calling first reads to him. Pascal was literally double wide open a lot of the game.

When our OL plays like this, we have a puncher's chance against most teams in the league. As always, the AFC is top heavy with the Ravens and Patriots but beyond that, we should be 50-50 or better against any playoff team we face, IMO. It was really good to see the OL back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

When our OL plays like this, we have a puncher's chance against most teams in the league. As always, the AFC is top heavy with the Ravens and Patriots but beyond that, we should be 50-50 or better against any playoff team we face, IMO. It was really good to see the OL back.

Pats had an off game against Philly today.  If the birds had any assemblance of an offense they would have beaten them.  We have an offense better than the Eagles and our D is better than theirs as well.  This could be the year the Pats could be had at home.  Slight chance, but this could be the year.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I raise zosia mamet hbo girls GIF = when you post at times. We win 33-13 and JB still stinks lmao 

did I say he stunk today?

don't think I did. 

I did say he was sub 150, sub 65%, and had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio.

i did say mediocre, which is what it was. had some nice plays, but overall not a great game.

Those are just facts. Don't be afraid of facts. Facts are your friend.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

did I say he stunk today?

don't think I did. 

I did say he was sub 150, sub 65%, and had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio.

i did say mediocre, which is what it was. had some nice plays, but overall not a great game.

Those are just facts. Don't be afraid of facts. Facts are your friend.

giphy.gif

Facts are we are 6-2 with JB arnold GIF, facts do not lie.