Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I miss the Brady-Manning 2000s AFC battles

coltkingABC

23 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I miss being able to count on 12-14 wins every season like clockwork. The whole Brady/Manning thing was a nice little bonus I guess, but knowing we were legit SB contenders every single season was far more fun for me.

We should have repeated in 2007--and threepeated in 2008.

The Colts were up in that game against the Patriots and blew it. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Technically we could've 4-peated. We gave away the SB 44 with silly mistakes and were the best team all season in 2009 that year.

True.

Imagine a Colts four-peat. 

Belichick and the Patriots would have spent more money than their frugal-discipline system from 2001-2006. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltkingABC said:

We should have repeated in 2007--and threepeated in 2008.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Technically we could've 4-peated.

20 minutes ago, coltkingABC said:

Imagine a Colts four-peat.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could make a strong argument we had the best team in football from 2005-2009 seasons.

We legit could have won all eight Super Bowls from 2003-2010 when Manning was in his prime.  It just always seemed like something crazy would happen in the playoffs...

Snow in New England and Ty Law 3 INTs... bad officiating in New England... Nick Harper getting tackled by Big Ben and Vanderjagt missing that FG... Billy Volek, Darren Sproles, and Mike Scifres... Sproles again and the old OT rules where Manning never touched the ball in OT... Hank Baskett onsides kick and Tracy Porter pick-6... Mark Sanchez?!?!?

Those were the Golden Years, but all those painful playoff losses left a bad taste in my mouth every single year, especially 2004 when Manning broke Marinos' record and the Colts steamrolled the Broncos in the Wild Card, then the refs let the Pats DBs mug the Colts WRs and we only scored 3 freaking points in the Divisional game in New England...  :flaming:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We legit could have won all eight Super Bowls from 2003-2010 when Manning was in his prime.  It just always seemed like something crazy would happen in the playoffs...

Snow in New England and Ty Law 3 INTs... bad officiating in New England... Nick Harper getting tackled by Big Ben and Vanderjagt missing that FG... Billy Volek, Darren Sproles, and Mike Scifres... Sproles again and the old OT rules where Manning never touched the ball in OT... Hank Baskett onsides kick and Tracy Porter pick-6... Mark Sanchez?!?!?

Those were the Golden Years, but all those painful playoff losses left a bad taste in my mouth every single year, especially 2004 when Manning broke Marinos' record and the Colts steamrolled the Broncos in the Wild Card, then the refs let the Pats DBs mug the Colts WRs and we only scored 3 freaking points in the Divisional game in New England...  :flaming:

Yeah we had some pretty painful playoff losses. At least in 2004 we lost to a better team IMO in a snow storm. In 2005 Pittsburgh wasn't better and in 2009 either was the Saints. Those 2 losses were the worst IMO because we lost to teams that weren't better than us, at least IMO they weren't.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we had some pretty painful playoff losses. At least in 2004 we lost to a better team IMO in a snow storm. In 2005 Pittsburgh wasn't better and in 2009 either was the Saints. Those 2 losses were the worst IMO because we lost teams that weren't better than us, at least IMO they weren't.

I think we were the best team (at least the best offense anyway) in the NFL during that span.

I mean, the only way the Pats could stop our offense was to cheat, and the refs let them get away with it.

• Like 1

Defense wins championships. Polian regretted not having great defenses. The Pats almost always ranked above 10th in points allowed. Us; not so much.

But take heart fellow Colt’s fans!

In the words of Bob Dylan “For the times, they are a changing”....,PLEASE!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could make a strong argument we had the best team in football from 2005-2009 seasons. We won the SB in 2006 and against the Patriots in that time frame we were 5-1 including an AFC Title win. 

The Colts should’ve won multiple SB’s with those teams.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I miss being able to count on 12-14 wins every season like clockwork. The whole Brady/Manning thing was a nice little bonus I guess, but knowing we were legit SB contenders every single season was far more fun for me.

I remember those days too, but I think we're starting to get into another time like that...

• Thanks 1