Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paris Campbell vs Hollywood Brown 2019

Shadow_Creek

who has the better year? my money would be on Paris due to him having Luck to throw passes to him. Although i do realized that Hollywood brown is just as fast i'm not really sold on Lamar Jackson yet and honestly i dont think he will give brown the same receiving yards he had with Murry.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ll go with the WR that has a QB that is actually going to throw the ball.

Its not that Luck will throw the ball, he actually CAN throw the ball too. I wouldn't be surprised if theres talk of Lamar being benched at some point next season. Lamar is a hell of an athlete but even Michael Vick was a somewhat decent passer. Lamar is just terrible. Once NFL defenses figure out hes a 1 trick pony and stack the box against him every game hes done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Considering the foot injury Brown has.... and the array of weapons in our offense, I would project Campbell to have the better season.

Reich made no secret of his desire for us to land Paris in the Draft.... and he’s sure to use him accordingly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Michael Vick was a somewhat decent passer. 

Vick was an excellent deep ball passer.  

Lamar needs a few years of seasoning.  He could be special but it is going to take time and hopefully he doesn’t get injured running during that.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its not that Luck will throw the ball, he actually CAN throw the ball too. I wouldn't be surprised if theres talk of Lamar being benched at some point next season. Lamar is a hell of an athlete but even Michael Vick was a somewhat decent passer. Lamar is just terrible. Once NFL defenses figure out hes a 1 trick pony and stack the box against him every game hes done.

Lamar got exposed like crazy during that Wild Card game.

And I was just eating my popcorn loving every single bit of it.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Lamar got exposed like crazy during that Wild Card game.

And I was just eating my popcorn loving every single bit of it.

It'll be interesting to see how he responds this season... he showed a pulse later in the WC game which was too little-too late... as Harbaugh rode him, in spite of being questioned as to why he didn't pull him for Flacco.

A healthy Brown could certainly help Jackson.... but I still see Parris Campbell having more impact in our offense this season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Reich made no secret of his desire for us to land Paris in the Draft.... and he’s sure to use him accordingly. 

This. Absolutely this.

It was very clear that they targeted their first four picks in the sequence they were selected based on the very candid and impromptu celebration.

In fact, if you rewatch that video you will hear Hollywood Brown's name called when they're discussing the Redskins trade and there were no groans nor any eyes batted in dismay......

They had their plan and seemingly followed it all the way through.

• Like 1

I think Campbell is in a way better situation and could be our future #1.  However, for some reason I like Lamar Jackson and I hope the kid has a good career.  Colin Cowherd does make a great point when he emphasizes inaccurate college QBs don’t transition to the pros.  I think Jackson won’t be able to overcome his throwing deficiencies but will be lights out on the ground.  It’s fun to watch so will enjoy the next 2-3 yrs until someone lays him out for good. Sadly, it’s kind of inevitable