Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week Two of OTAs

CR91

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Athleticism can get you a few first downs outside the pocket but I am not a fan of Walker's throwing accuracy whatsoever. I do think Kelly has a good shot at being the #3 QB at least by the time everything is said and done. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, Luck will be fine. It's just frustrating and means OTA's are somewhat of a waste of time for the starting WR's, TE's, and secondary to a degree. Playing with Brissett does not offer the same benefits as playing with Luck, and the offense will have to do the same thing with Luck all over again later. I can't get into this, I'll just leave. Enjoy OTA's everyone.

Wow.... Luck's injury issues and handling of such several years back, really affected some people.  Not criticizing, I just haven't honestly considered the possibility that some fans are still shell shocked, for lack of a better term, by the stress of that experience....  I forget sometimes how crazy that whole ordeal was.....

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Wow.... Luck's injury issues and handling of such several years back, really affected some people.  Not criticizing, I just haven't honestly considered the possibility that some fans are still shell shocked, for lack of a better term, by the stress of that experience....  I forget sometimes how crazy that whole ordeal was.....

Yeah I'm probably overreacting a bit to him missing OTAs, but you can definitely include me in the "shell-shocked" group.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Happy that the secondary is doing well but it sounds like Brissett is really struggling. 

He hasn't played any meaningful snaps since preseason last year, & he's working with a lot of new faces against a totally new look defense as well. I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Athleticism can get you a few first downs outside the pocket but I am not a fan of Walker's throwing accuracy whatsoever. I do think Kelly has a good shot at being the #3 QB at least by the time everything is said and done. 

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think Kelly has a good chance to be lucks backup after Brissett leaves. 

Maybe even sooner if Brissett doesn't shape up.

Reich says the injury has forced Luck to modify some of his workouts, but No. 12 has done a little bit of throwing and there are no issues in his shoulder area. “Everything upper body wise is 10-out-of-10,” Reich said of Luck.

Can we please stop panicking about Luck not throwing now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Reich says the injury has forced Luck to modify some of his workouts, but No. 12 has done a little bit of throwing and there are no issues in his shoulder area. “Everything upper body wise is 10-out-of-10,” Reich said of Luck.

Not until he tosses The Duke!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am more just excited to see him throw to Funchess and Campbell. Hopefully he will get some private workouts with them soon.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hate that Luck is out. It really is a downgrade from Luck to Brissett, and it affects Parris Campbell negatively because he can't develop chemistry with Luck. Also gives us an overvalued opinion of the secondary when it's Brissett who's making mistakes. Very hard to judge anything accurately.

Do you really have ANY IDEA who is making mistakes?
It doesn't make any difference whatsover to Campbell, he is just trying to learn the playbook, and take coaching on how to run his routes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am more just excited to see him throw to Funchess and Campbell. Hopefully he will get some private workouts with them soon.

Im sure he will. there is plenty of time for them to workout together. Him and Ebron didn't throw together until TC and that worked out just fine.

• Like 1

When the Colts divide up into their starters on one field and their reserves on the other field, in 11-on-11 sessions, the rookies are almost exclusively with the reserves. On Wednesday, we did see occasional first-team work for Parris Campbell (in very specific designed plays to allow Campbell to touch the football)