Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week Two of OTAs

CR91

Just now, Smonroe said:

BTW, thanks to @CR91 for the updates!

I have basically no cell service in my building and they block twitter.  This is really appreciated.

Lucky for me, Im all the way in the back so no one can see me on twitter at work haha 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hate that Luck is out. It really is a downgrade from Luck to Brissett, and it affects Parris Campbell negatively because he can't develop chemistry with Luck. Also gives us an overvalued opinion of the secondary when it's Brissett who's making mistakes. Very hard to judge anything accurately.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hate that Luck is out. It really is a downgrade from Luck to Brissett, and it affects Parris Campbell negatively because he can't develop chemistry with Luck. Also gives us an overvalued opinion of the secondary when it's Brissett who's making mistakes. Very hard to judge anything accurately.

OTAs aren't the only time they can work together, There is still mini camp and they can work out together before training camp

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hear ya, but they really aren't allowed to do very much in OTA's anyways. Very basic drills in shells and not always at full speed.  The meat of the offseason work and playbook installation is training camp. That's why they are cautious with guys in the spring.

Campbell can always workout privately with Luck like Rogers did at Stanford last year. Plenty of opportunities.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

its OTA's relax

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Has he thrown at all this offseason? I thought he was supposed to work with Tom House again in California, but I'm not sure if he made it out there or not.

I honestly don't think it matters. Andrew is fine. There is nothing alarming about missing OTAs

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Has he thrown at all this offseason? I thought he was supposed to work with Tom House again in California, but I'm not sure if he made it out there or not.

He and Reich have already both stated that he wasn't going to throw until OTA's. Implying that he would be throwing now if he didn't suffer the calf injury. I believe Kevin Bowen stated that he'll likely work out with House after the June mini camp and before training camp.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I honestly don't think it matters. Andrew is fine. There is nothing alarming about missing OTAs

I agree, Luck will be fine. It's just frustrating and means OTA's are somewhat of a waste of time for the starting WR's, TE's, and secondary to a degree. Playing with Brissett does not offer the same benefits as playing with Luck, and the offense will have to do the same thing with Luck all over again later. I can't get into this, I'll just leave. Enjoy OTA's everyone.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, Luck will be fine. It's just frustrating and means OTA's are somewhat of a waste of time for the starting WR's, TE's, and secondary to a degree. Playing with Brissett does not offer the same benefits as playing with Luck, and the offense will have to do the same thing with Luck all over again later. I can't get into this, I'll just leave. Enjoy OTA's everyone.

I wouldn't say its a waste. Rookies and first year players are still getting valuable reps that they'll need to prepare for the season. 

• Like 2