Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My grade on this 2019 draft won't be a high as I hoped.

HOF19

I don’t believe in draft grades until the guys play but on paper this draft looks promising.

They addressed every major area of need.  They added two corners, a safety.  A couple of pass rushers, a “van noy” type guy who can line up all over the field and be disruptive.  They got a speedy WR who should thrive in the Colts get the Ball out fast and let your player makers make plays offense.  Then they got a couple of depth olinemen late.  They also added another linebacker who should fit the defense well.  

Now we see if whats on paper translates to the field.  If it does Ballard hit another homerun and set the Colts up with an extra second next year in what should be a loaded draft.  

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not really.  They needed help at the end spot and they took a couple of guys there.  They didn’t take a DT but honestly they are pretty deep there.

Hunt autry stewart and Lewis sure, but theres no depth after that

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hunt autry stewart and Lewis sure, but theres no depth after that

I posted this in another thread, but it might have to do with how much nickel we might be playing.

If our offense really takes off in the second year of Reichs' scheme, our opponents might spend most of the time playing from behind and trying to pass the ball.

So we might see a lot of NASCAR packages where Houston/Sheard/Lewis kick inside and Turay/Banogu/Green are rushing from the edge.

Some people really should quit their day jobs and become a general manager. Just kidding. Why don't we let the experts in the Colts war room figure this out. I'm so sick and tired of people rating this draft anyway you can't write a draft until 3 years after it's happening. Everyone thought that Brayden was a big leap last year even thought he was a bust for a few games but look how he turned into a quality right tackle.

• Thanks 1

I think to many people live an breathe, to much on the media's fashionable picks, and get to caught up on individual players Vs players who fit our system and culture, that we are trying to  incorporate in our system, for their value at the pick. In my opinion,   Ballard is trying to keep the cap space ready for good players that we groom and make the grade from jumping ship , down the road after we groom them. Thus, less turn over for players, that fit our system, for now.     

• Like 1

18 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Some people really should quit their day jobs and become a general manager. Just kidding. Why don't we let the experts in the Colts war room figure this out. I'm so sick and tired of people rating this draft anyway you can't write a draft until 3 years after it's happening. Everyone thought that Brayden was a big leap last year even thought he was a bust for a few games but look how he turned into a quality right tackle.

Sorry for all the typos folks