Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sterling Shepard possibly part of Giants fire sale

In reading about the Colts "sniffing around for cornerbacks in the trade market" on NFLtraderumors, they also mentioned the Patriots eyeing Sterling Shepard in a trade.

Shepard, a 2016 2nd round pick (#40) is in the last year of his rookie deal and with Tate in town the Giants could be looking to add him to the chopping block.

I personally see him as a great player on what's been a bad team with an aging QB and overbearing WR1 in Beckham.  He could potentially blossom with Luck just like Ebron did after leaving dysfunctional Detroit and Funchess no longer catching prayers... I mean passes from Scam Bootin' in Carolina.  

I wanted to hear what our community has to say about Shepard and what kind of cost/deal you think we could swing to acquire him.  Would that not round out a great receiving corps prior to the draft?

Original article:

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-colts-dolphins-patriots-6/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Shepard is legit

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No room at the inn with another WR. We have plenty to create competition.

I do think Shepard is a great receiver.

I just don't know how a trade could be worked out that didn't include a draft pick and what pick that would be?

As far as the competition Shepard would step right in as the 2nd or 3rd receiver easily.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I do think Shepard is a great receiver.

I just don't know how a trade could be worked out that didn't include a draft pick and what pick that would be?

As far as the competition Shepard would step right in as the 2nd or 3rd receiver easily.

Being that they have nothing else at the position I could def see them jacking up their asking price. It’s wishful thinking as of now

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Being that they have nothing else at the position I could def see them jacking up their asking price. It’s wishful thinking as of now

True enough. On a side note I don't understand what the Giants are trying to do.

They made a huge mistake not drafting their QB last season IMO. Now it is a true fire sale! lol

11 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

Yeah I'd be stoked with Shepard. But at what cost. Unless they want Brissett? I'd give them Brissett for Shepard and a 3rd

If we are giving up Brissett, the most I'd give up is a 4th, nothing on Day 1 or 2 of the draft.

Looks like they are setting up to boot Eli out of NY after their season.

I'd love to have Sheperd. If he could be had for Brissett or our latter 2nd, I'd be all for it. You add Sheperd to TY, Funchess, Ebron/Doyle, and our young WRs, and what looked like a weakness suddenly looks pretty potent. Plus, if you're going to spend an earlier pick on a WR anyways, why not get a guy that is proven, and wouldn't have much -if any- of a transitional period. 

44 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

Ok, I was sort of joking (wouldn't let me post smiling emoji).  But I think I would rather have Sheppard & Inman on the roster than Funchess.  

I get you. I just think Hilton/Funchess/Sheppard would be a good 3 WR set, and throwing in Inman/Ebron/Doyle I’m certain sets would be pretty good.