Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kyler Murray is rumored to be the number one overall pick.

Buzz at the Combine is the Arizona Cardinals plan to take Kyler Murray number one overall. 

That would put Josh Rosen on the trading block. 

A month ago, I thought he would measure in at 5’8” and about 175 pounds. At the time, I figured he would be over-drafted and still go in the first round. 

However, Murray was closer to Russell Wilson, and that has changed things. He measured in at 5’10” and 207 pounds. 

Murray’s measurements surprised me. Haskins looked like a Giant next to him at the Heisman Trophy Ceremony. 

• Like 1

That Dude's admittedly NEVER played at over 200 pounds, and his height is what it is, 9.5 inch hands is a bit less than ideal, but I think Murray will definitely be overdrafted...  JMO.   He's not R. Wilson....  His style usually lasts about 1 amazing season, maybe 1.5.... basically they light it up until Defenses around the league get enough tape on them, then it's over...... See RG III, and possibly D. Watson, D. Prescott, soon to be L. Jackson....  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Maniac said:

I think he could be the first pick, but not by the Cardinals.

They have so many needs and they could get a huge haul by trading out of pick 1.

Exactly. Unless that QB is a guy like Luck that you are sure is going to make a impact right away why use a number one pick. Build your team and use the guy you have. It’s no wonder some of these teams are consistently bad. 

So they just gonna give up on Rosen after 1 season eh? Bummer

I actually like Murray. He's got lots of limitations with his size, but in the NFL, you can get away with that as long as you're a good runner (which he is), and more importantly, make quick decisions with the ball (which he does).

Don't think he's the next Russell Wilson, but maybe he can become a solid player in the NFL. Hope he doesn't go the Jacksonville though.

Heard a rumor they may take Murray and trade(probably more like give) Rosen to the Cheaters to be the dinker n dunkers replacement when/if he retires.

I liked Rosen coming out but Murray has the chance to be something special. Cards may not want to pass up on that if he is.

The league has changed.  These athletic QBs are getting their chance but most of them still haven’t figured out what Wilson realized right off.  Use your speed to bide time, scramble for a play. Don’t use it to run forward.  That’s what Luck kept doing too.  You WILL get hurt doing that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

The league has changed.  These athletic QBs are getting their chance but most of them still haven’t figured out what Wilson realized right off.  Use your speed to bide time, scramble for a play. Don’t use it to run forward.  That’s what Luck kept doing too.  You WILL get hurt doing that.

Luck made one really dumb play against Denver, I don't know why people act like he played like cam newton.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Luck made one really dumb play against Denver, I don't know why people act like he played like cam newton.

Every RB and WR that runs the ball forward gets hit.  Hence as a QB you will get hit too.  The odds will play out that you will eventually get hurt. 

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Every RB and WR that runs the ball forward gets hit.  Hence as a QB you will get hit too.  The odds will play out that you will eventually get hurt. 

It's called sliding and running out of bounds.  What Luck stupidly did against Denver was cutting back into the defense. Quarterbacks should never/rarely do that.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

It's called sliding and running out of bounds.  What Luck stupidly did against Denver was cutting back into the defense. Quarterbacks should never/rarely do that.

But up till this year, he didn't slide (which still doesn't mainly cuz he is terrible at it) or run out to avoid a hit. This year he finally did, and hopefully will continue. That is why many say he would take unnecessary hits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

But up till this year, he didn't slide (which still doesn't mainly cuz he is terrible at it) or run out to avoid a hit. This year he finally did, and hopefully will continue. That is why many say he would take unnecessary hits.

Sorry, but that's not true.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Heard a rumor they may take Murray and trade(probably more like give) Rosen to the Cheaters to be the dinker n dunkers replacement when/if he retires.

I liked Rosen coming out but Murray has the chance to be something special. Cards may not want to pass up on that if he is.

That could be possible maybe. New England liked Rosen a lot last year.

• Like 1

What a shame it would be for the Cards GM to let a coach who isn’t going to be in the league very long get his pick. If true he’d be drafting Murray thinking their going to come in and run that air raid crap,thinking no one will be able to stop them. What a gamble that would be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Buzz at the Combine is the Arizona Cardinals plan to take Kyler Murray number one overall. 

It's no secret Kingsbury likes Murray.

8 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

That would put Josh Rosen on the trading block. 

Quite possible, but not out of necessity.  Rookie contacts on each player makes it financially feasible to keep both and figure out which (if either) is the QB of the future.

7 hours ago, Maniac said:

I think he could be the first pick, but not by the Cardinals.

They have so many needs and they could get a huge haul by trading out of pick 1.

Arizona might keep Rosen and do just that, because-

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

Even if the cardinals don't want Murray, I'm sure they want other teams to think they do.

Of this ^^^   right here.  Drive up the price, then trade out for a haul.  Hope on Rosen.

But they may end up with both.  Hard to tell at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's no secret Kingsbury likes Murray.

No one knew that Keim was seriously interested in Murray. He is the decision maker. 

Up until the rumors started swirling at the Combine, most people thought the Cardinals were happy with Rosen... Even with Kingsbury stating that he would take Murray number 1 prior to getting the job. 

Most of us thought it was possible for the Cardinals to take Murray, but hardly anyone believed there was any real substance to it. Now there is substance. 

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Quite possible, but not out of necessity.  Rookie contacts on each player makes it financially feasible to keep both and figure out which (if either) is the QB of the future.

That's just silly. No way the Cardinals draft Murray and keep Rosen. 

Financially, yeah it makes sense. Practically, it would one of the dumbest things the Cardinals could do. 

7 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

No one knew that Keim was seriously interested in Murray. He is the decision maker. 

Up until the rumors started swirling at the Combine, most people thought the Cardinals were happy with Rosen... Even with Kingsbury stating that he would take Murray number 1 prior to getting the job. 

Most of us thought it was possible for the Cardinals to take Murray, but hardly anyone believed there was any real substance to it. Now there is substance. 

I have felt that Murray to AZ and Rosen Giants makes a ton of sense throughout the process. 

22 minutes ago, wig said:

I have felt that Murray to AZ and Rosen Giants makes a ton of sense throughout the process. 

Makes sense? Sure. However, giving up on a top quarterback who would be in the discussion as the number one overall pick in this draft (if he was a 2019 prospect) after only one year is just not something that happens.

Thinking outside the box and acting outside the box are two totally different things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Makes sense? Sure. However, giving up on a top quarterback who would be in the discussion as the number one overall pick in this draft (if he was a 2019 prospect) after only one year is just not something that happens.

Thinking outside the box and acting outside the box are two totally different things. 

It's unprecedented. But Murray is a Kliff guy and Rosen would fit great in NY.  The draft capital is there.  The pieces all fit.