Jump to content
oldunclemark

Los Angeles (+3) at New Orleans (1-20-19)

Recommended Posts

3:05 EST    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews (The 'A' Team) on FOX

the NFC final game. Over-under at 57 inside the old Louisiana SuperDome

 

QB Jared Goff (364 of 561, 4,688 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) has to be happy to get anther shot at the Saints, who beat L.A. 45-35 in week nine.

The Rams have top receivers in Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards) but last week they got over 100 yards rushing out of speedy Todd Gurley and hard running reject CJ Anderson.

   The Rams (14-3) scored 30 or more points 13 times in regular season 16 games.  They were No. 2 in the NFL in total yards with 6,738 in 16 games and No. 1 in first downs (401) .  But this will be the first time in 18 games this year that the Rams are not favored. The Saints have allowed just 1,283 yards rushing (80 yards rushing) in the regular season.

 

NOLA QB Drew (King Creole) Brees (364 of 489, 3,992 yards,. 32 TDs, 5 INTs) led the NFL in completion percentage (74.4%) and he fond a way to rally the saints from a 14-0 deficit to beat Philadelphia last week.

If the Saints' offense has seem lame in recent weeks that's not your imagination. New Orleans has scored 115 points (17.5 ) in their last six games.  

Still, all-NFL WR Michael Thomas (125 catches, 1,405 yards) and RV Alvin Komara (18 TDs) are ready to roll against a Rams' defense that game up an uncomfortable 2,000 yards rushing in 16 games.

 

   In the 45-35 game, the Saints' Michael Thomas gained a career-high 211 yards on 12 catches and his matchup with Rams CB Aqib Talib (who did not play in that game) is the feature matchup here. .The Rams have 18 pass interceptions but nobody picks off Brees.  They have 42 sacks (Aaron Donald has 20) 1/2) but nobody sacks Brees either. The Rams paid a lot of money for a lot of veterans with the thought that they'd be in this game.  On the other hand, Drew Brees is older than dirt and this is likely the last time he'll be in a conference championship game. 

 

     Here's a delayed Christmas gift. The over-under is 57..and somebody's smokin' something . Take the 'under' The Saints simply haven't scored a lot of points lately and they are facing a defensive line that will cause them problems. I dont see Goff rolling up big yards on the road against the New Orleans defense that has 44 sacks and has allowed 72 rushing first downs in 16 games.

 

    To be honest, while these two teams deserve to be here and either would make a worthy Super Bowl team, both of the are as boring as C-Span. Unless Talib starts snatching chains or Ndamukong Suh steps on somebody, you may have to go out and shovel snow at halftime to stay awake.  

Take the under, turn down the sound and 'binge watch' Law and Order.   

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

3:05 EST    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews (The 'A' Team) on FOX

the NFC final game. Over-under at 57 inside the old Louisiana SuperDome

 

QB Jared Goff (364 of 561, 4,688 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) has to be happy to get anther shot at the Saints, who beat L.A. 45-35 in week nine.

The Rams have top receivers in Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards) but last week they got over 100 yards rushing out of speedy Todd Gurley and hard running reject CJ Anderson.

   The Rams (14-3) scored 30 or more points 13 times in regular season 16 games.  They were No. 2 in the NFL in total yards with 6,738 in 16 games and No. 1 in first downs (401) .  But this will be the first time in 18 games this year that the Rams are not favored. The Saints have allowed just 1,283 yards rushing (80 yards rushing) in the regular season.

 

NOLA QB Drew (King Creole) Brees (364 of 489, 3,992 yards,. 32 TDs, 5 INTs) led the NFL in completion percentage (74.4%) and he fond a way to rally the saints from a 14-0 deficit to beat Philadelphia last week.

If the Saints' offense has seem lame in recent weeks that's not your imagination. New Orleans has scored 115 points (17.5 ) in their last six games.  

Still, all-NFL WR Michael Thomas (125 catches, 1,405 yards) and RV Alvin Komara (18 TDs) are ready to roll against a Rams' defense that game up an uncomfortable 2,000 yards rushing in 16 games.

 

   In the 45-35 game, the Saints' Michael Thomas gained a career-high 211 yards on 12 catches and his matchup with Rams CB Aqib Talib (who did not play in that game) is the feature matchup here. .The Rams have 18 pass interceptions but nobody picks off Brees.  They have 42 sacks (Aaron Donald has 20) 1/2) but nobody sacks Brees either. The Rams paid a lot of money for a lot of veterans with the thought that they'd be in this game.  On the other hand, Drew Brees is older than dirt and this is likely the last time he'll be in a conference championship game. 

 

     Here's a delayed Christmas gift. The over-under is 57..and somebody's smokin' something . Take the 'under' The Saints simply haven't scored a lot of points lately and they are facing a defensive line that will cause them problems. I dont see Goff rolling up big yards on the road against the New Orleans defense that has 44 sacks and has allowed 72 rushing first downs in 16 games.

 

    To be honest, while these two teams deserve to be here and either would make a worthy Super Bowl team, both of the are as boring as C-Span. Unless Talib starts snatching chains or Ndamukong Suh steps on somebody, you may have to go out and shovel snow at halftime to stay awake.  

Take the under, turn down the sound and 'binge watch' Law and Order.   

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic,   but the saints and rams are certainly not boring.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints fans are praying to the Hank Baskett statue erected just outside the Superdome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, it's been a defensive matchup. Rams had a costly interception and their offense isn't looking too hot to start. Saints O is being held up in the redzone. 

 

Definitely an interesting start to the game. Saints could really open stuff up with a score. 

 

6-0 Saints up for those not able to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this week they don't call running into the kicker? Because it's "playoff football"? So, why did they call it against us last week when it legitimately could have been ruled incidental contact? Always interesting to see which teams get preferential treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Rams are getting killed here...

Yep. Wade's defense is looking undisciplined, which is uncharacteristic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband just reminded me that early on this season I said it was Drew's year :lombardi:  Could be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so loud there. I think even the announcers are having trouble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Feels a lot like the colts chiefs game last week

I just said the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homefield advantage is huge in this game. 

 

Makes me wonder how loud the Chiefs fans will be tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Goff is playing like the moment is too big for him but that fake Punt saved the Rams. Trickery lmao 

Definitely jumpstarted the Rams offense. They're gettin' some momentum back.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

FG's aren't going to cut it against Brees in his dome. Still 13-3.

Fact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtsSouljah said:

How was that not defensive holding?!

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

Chiefs got away with it vs us :funny:, so it is not just you :thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is it me or have they allowed a little more defensive holding in the secondary in the post-season..?

They always do.    It's pretty dumb.   If it's a penalty in the regular season, it should be in the post season

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a ball game! 

 

Saints up 13-10 after a fast scoring drive by Goff, Cooks and Gurley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both teams playing good defense but in the playoffs only complete teams win the SB. Even in 2006 our defense played well in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

The Saints would man whoop the Patriots. Not sure about the Rams though

Hopefully the Chiefs will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

The Saints would man whoop the Patriots. Not sure about the Rams though

That is one reason why I want the Saints to win, just in case the Pats do win. I don't believe the Rams will beat the Pats, I trust Brees much more than Goff. I can't see the Pats losing 2 SB's in a row to Foles than Goff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was going to be a blowout for a while.....nice to see a good competitive game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams TD pass to TE Higbee at the 3 yardline. He was wide open. But the threat of handing off to RB's don't help the passing game?.haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sigh...........   This is beyond really frustrating.    You're accusing me of things I literally haven't done.     That's very Irish of you.    Really annoying.      You ask for benefit of the doubt while never giving it out yourself.   I've put certain things into bold.   I'll try taking them one at a time.   Your first bold...   that this is not me saying that teams that aren't doing this are stupid.    I'm sorry, but when you declare that you've come up that you think is clearly and obvously better,  that you think you've re-invented the wheel and sliced bread,  it certainly feels like you're casting a disapporving eye toward any team that's not doing things your preferred way as a matter of course.   Then you claim,  that I want Ballard in the building ASAP,  but not before January.    Let me see if you understand this word.....   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Was that clear enough for you?       If Irsay had decided in the spring of 16 to fire Grigson and hire Ballard in the spring, I would've been ok with it.   It's not desirable,  but if Irsay made that call THEN,  I'd be ok with it.     Where YOU mis-read me,  is that roughly 95 of owners make this decision during the season.    They see things they don't like and they decide during the season to make a change -- typically when the season ends.    Sometimes, an exec will be fired during the season and someone like Dorsey comes in during the season to oversee things and learn about the organization.    I'm fine with that.  There's no record of me opposing that.   I start with January,  because that's when the business season starts for front office and coaches.   Period.   The NFL views it as preferrable.    But making the switch in the spring is doable, as I've said in every post, and which you have ignored or confused badly.    But if Ballard had been hired in the spring of 16,  I'd have been fine with it.   This isn't the first time I've said some version of this.    This is not some ah-ha moment.   As to the bold declaring that there are tons of qualified guys and that CHOOSING the best guy is another story.   Here's my reponse to that.   No.   nonsense.     They are the same story.    They are connected.    Because you play down the fact that most GM's and most HC's fail.   They get fired before their 4 or 5 year contracts expire.   The owner has seen enough and makes a change.   Saying there are always qualified guys is meaningless.    Because FINDING the best guy who will succeed, isn't just important,  it's EVERYTHING.   All 32 teams can announce they hired a qualified guy.    That isn't hard.    But the vast majority of teams are introducing his successor in a few years.    That's why a franchise like Pittsburgh has very little turnover either in HC or the front office.   While franchises like the Jets or Buffalo or Miami are introducing someone new so often, you can practically set your watch to it.     Generally speaking,  the new GM has a long history of scouting and evaluating talent.   The new HC has a history of success, both as a position coach and a coordinator.   They can easily be called qualified,  (though new guys like Kliff Kingsbury and Zack Taylor do NOT have a long track record of success)  But the vast majority of hires...   are soon enough fired.   That doesn't speak well to their qualifications.      As to you meaning what you're saying...   Of course you mean what you say and I stated that clearly.  I don't know why this should rub you the wrong way.  I literally wrote that I know you mean what you say.    I said what I said as a rhetorical point,  not an attacking point.    My ultimate point was made at the end of my first post to you.   You typically write persuasive arguments.    You're able to frequently made me see your viewpoint.    But not here.    You accuse me of not considering your argument.    I'm sorry,  I am considering what you write.   But I don't see the typical high quality Superman argument.   I don't see points that connect.    Your argument feels like the one you'd make for doable.   It doesn't convince me at all that it's preferable.  
    • Yeah, Ballard said he's a patient guy, and he doesn't mind waiting to pick. We almost traded back from 34 as well if Rock wasn't there. I personally love the "trade back" strategy at the end of round 1, and wouldn't mind doing it in most every draft. A late 1st for a mid-second and early/mid second (from the Redskins) over two drafts is fine with me!
    • Haven't done research on the 2020 draft yet, but if it ends up having an elite WR or OT, I wouldn't mind trading up this year. We'll have to see where we finish (hopefully 32 ), and make a decision from there. Ballard landing the Redskins 2nd rounder may be a brilliant move.
    • I had us 9-7 just based on guessing/hoping/predicting Luck would be healthy and play great. I was right but a lucky guess, I guess  . I thought that would get us a 6th seed. We won 10 games which got us in.
    • For the first time in a while, I am impressed with the Colts development of players. If this current trend continues, a lot of opinions will change. 
  • Members

    • Nate!

      Nate! 44

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfeva

      coltsfeva 1,110

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 8

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 159

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 22

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 369

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...