Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible correlation to Pro-Bowl voting ?

HOF19

Compare what teams get a certain amount of votes as to how many times a particular team was on national TV...….. OR played in night games (as in Thursday, Sunday or Monday nights )…….. But this is just something I am wondering ……… GO COLTS !!!!!

Fans vote should only be considered for the alternate selection!  I don’t have time to tweet, retweet or vote every hr & this selection should be up to the League or professionals who evaluate at this level not armchair GM’s!  DL could be the biggest snub of all time if going by Stats.

I put this in the Leonard DPOY thread, but I figured it would go here too:

The Pro-Bowl never really bodes well for 4-3 OLBs, since they do just a general OLB spot. Honestly, I think they need to do an EDGE position like they do at the combine so pass rushers are grouped with other pass rushers and off-ball OLBs aren't snubbed.

Worth bearing in mind the fan vote is only 1/3 of the result, coaches (1/3) and players (1/3) make up the rest and Leonard and Luck were in the top 3 of their Conference position group based on fan voting.......so it was those in the game who cost Leonard and Luck!  

I saw Stephen Holder mention that he believes players vote based on reputation and seniority in his opinion, which seems like something the fans would be blamed for.  You would have thought players and coaches would be able to level off the bias of fans for their players.

• Like 1

I'll try on the tinfoil hat on this one.

It's almost like the players and coaches did their pro bowl balloting on the Monday after week 13.  Colts get blanked by the Jags; Patriots beat up on the Vikings.  Since then, Colts have beaten two of the hottest teams in football, while the Patriots have lost twice, with Tom Brady either underperforming, or being the main culprit in their losses.  But it seems like the pro bowl is frozen in time -- to the Monday after week 13.  The Colts' major performers don't get the votes, while Brady is crowned king of the world.

I'll take off the tinfoil hat now, and go eat a cheeseburger.

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Worth bearing in mind the fan vote is only 1/3 of the result, coaches (1/3) and players (1/3) make up the rest and Leonard and Luck were in the top 3 of their Conference position group based on fan voting.......so it was those in the game who cost Leonard and Luck!  

I saw Stephen Holder mention that he believes players vote based on reputation and seniority in his opinion, which seems like something the fans would be blamed for.  You would have thought players and coaches would be able to level off the bias of fans for their players.

The issue is we have no transparency as to how many players/coaches actually respond. So if only a small sample reply do they still influence 66% of the overall? 

Besides looking at the NFL top 100 list I’m not sure the players are all that much more informed than the fans. If you don’t play a guy regularly are you going to be seeing much of his play?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

The issue is we have no transparency as to how many players/coaches actually respond. So if only a small sample reply do they still influence 66% of the overall? 

Besides looking at the NFL top 100 list I’m not sure the players are all that much more informed than the fans. If you don’t play a guy regularly are you going to be seeing much of his play?

It's a valid point. Would someone on the vikings (for example) have any idea how well Darius Leonard is playing?

Each team is so intense on their own game and tape review would they even get a chance to watch highlights of other games let alone a full game?

14 hours ago, Shive said:

I put this in the Leonard DPOY thread, but I figured it would go here too:

The Pro-Bowl never really bodes well for 4-3 OLBs, since they do just a general OLB spot. Honestly, I think they need to do an EDGE position like they do at the combine so pass rushers are grouped with other pass rushers and off-ball OLBs aren't snubbed.

Yep...this is is all it is. If Leonard was a MIKE...he is in the Pro Bowl. They will likely change it going forward.

Good chance that some of the guys don't go...and Leonard will get in.