Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoff Machine

ColtV

12 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That's what I thought but I swore the Dolphins are ahead of us in the standings according to NFL.com.  Maybe I am wrong.  I would think head to head is the first tie breaker, but wasn't 100% sure.

As of right now thats how they have it set up yes, but if the final 2 teams are MIA and us we get in due to head to head. MIA has to have a better record than us to get in over us since we beat them

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure in a 3 way tie between Colts, Dolphins and Titans at 9-7 the Colts would get in, assuming Colts beat Titans (meaning Colts 7th loss is to Giants or Cowboys). The tie between division teams would be broken first (Colts 2-0 head to head vs Titans), then Colts/Miami would go to tiebreaker reverting back to step 1, with Colts winning head to head. 

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I'm pretty sure in a 3 way tie between Colts, Dolphins and Titans at 9-7 the Colts would get in, assuming Colts beat Titans (meaning Colts 7th loss is to Giants or Cowboys). The tie between division teams would be broken first (Colts 2-0 head to head vs Titans), then Colts/Miami would go to tiebreaker reverting back to step 1, with Colts winning head to head. 

This is true. If the Colts beat the Titans, a 3-way tie between those teams would result in the Colts getting in ... unless Denver wins out and also finishes 9-7. In that specific 4-way tie, the Dolphins get in somehow.

Baltimore has the tie breaker with all those teams though so they would get in at 9-7 if they do not win the division.

Although it is very unlikely to happen, if the Colts win out there is a scenario where they could get the 2nd seed, which is crazy!! (Sorry if this was already posted) In this scenario I have the Chargers 1st (13-3), Colts 2nd  (10-6), Dolphins 3rd (10-6), Steelers 4th (9-6-1), Chiefs 5th (12-4), and Patriots 6th (10-6). Houston would have to lose 2, including against the Jags, and the Pats would have to lose against the Jets and the Steelers. Possible, but highly unlikely. Fun to dream though!!

• Like 1

The easiest path is if we win out.  We basically control our own destiny.  

The ONLY thing that would mess us up in that scenario is the Steelers winning out.  

So win and we in basically.  Steelers are going to drop 1 surely. 

Beyond that it gets messy. 

Denver losing tonight really helps in the messy 9 - 7 scenario.  GO BROWNS