Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wednesday Injury Report

Coffeedrinker

30 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Long list, hopefully the DNPs shorten as the week goes on.

The Colts definitely missed Kelly the past couple of weeks.  But equally important is Mike Mitchell at safety.  The Colts D is better with him on the field.  And I did not think that would be the case when the Colts signed him.

Wow that list has more players on it than take the field at once!  Here's to a quick recovery for them all!!

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Long list, hopefully the DNPs shorten as the week goes on.

The Colts definitely missed Kelly the past couple of weeks.  But equally important is Mike Mitchell at safety.  The Colts D is better with him on the field.  And I did not think that would be the case when the Colts signed him.

Is thst Mitchell being good.. or just better than Geathers? 

12 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Maybe this would be a great time to move fountain up and find out if he is any good.

Personally, I would rather see them move Ishmael from the practice squad and see if the combination of the offensive scheme and his great route running ability and hands can be enough to overcome his lack of speed.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I would rather see them move Ishmael from the practice squad and see if the combination of the offensive scheme and his great route running ability and hands can be enough to overcome his lack of speed.

That's a way to go but fountain was one of our 11 selections and we kind of need to know if he has a future on this team or not moving Ismael up is a way to go too heck with it move them both up and get rid of Pascal and Rogers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Is thst Mitchell being good.. or just better than Geathers? 

That is a legitimate question and I don't know.  I have never been as high on Geathers as a lot on this forum but this year I think the criticism of him is a bit over the top.  I think part of that is expectations... I think people were expecting him to be a 6'2" 220lb Bob Sanders or at the very least a step down and be an Antoine Bethea.  His coverage from the safety position is not good but when he drops down with the LBers his coverage of TEs and RBs usually is pretty good.

But Geathers should be a primary backup safety/ dime safety, not a full time starter.

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No offense but how do we know these guys are ready to move up and play? Is there some kind of practice squad report that I need to be reading up on. Considering we have gone out and signed a WR to play instead of moving the kids up shouldn't that mean they are not ready to contribute? I just don't know what anyone has seen to justify these guys deserve to be on the active roster over the ones you want to get rid of. Perhaps...and I would think likely..they don't give us a better chance to win so they are on the squad. However...if they are good enough to play I agree let's play them....but I just doubt that is the case considering we are in a playoff battle and I've heard nothing about activating them all season.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No offense but how do we know these guys are ready to move up and play? Is there some kind of practice squad report that I need to be reading up on. Considering we have gone out and signed a WR to play instead of moving the kids up shouldn't that mean they are not ready to contribute? I just don't know what anyone has seen to justify these guys deserve to be on the active roster over the ones you want to get rid of. Perhaps...and I would think likely..they don't give us a better chance to win so they are on the squad. However...if they are good enough to play I agree let's play them....but I just doubt that is the case considering we are in a playoff battle and I've heard nothing about activating them all season.

Why would I take offense?  Seems like a good and legitimate question to me. 

I don't KNOW they are ready, but a few things to consider.

Fountain and Ishmael are two guys that have not bounced on and off the practice squad.  I'm not a fan of Fountain so I don't think the Colts should bring him up, but I am a fan of Ishmael.

Ishmael has already been brought up to the active roster when the Colts needed a body for the Oakland game.

I, personally, would not be talking about moving Ishmael up if the Colts #1 WR and #2 WR were not "DNP" on Wednesday practive and the Colts #3 WR was LP.  if that plays out this week that means that Pascal and Grant are #1 and #2... the Colts need more WRs than that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why would I take offense?  Seems like a good and legitimate question to me. 

I don't KNOW they are ready, but a few things to consider.

Fountain and Ishmael are two guys that have not bounced on and off the practice squad.  I'm not a fan of Fountain so I don't think the Colts should bring him up, but I am a fan of Ishmael.

Ishmael has already been brought up to the active roster when the Colts needed a body for the Oakland game.

I, personally, would not be talking about moving Ishmael up if the Colts #1 WR and #2 WR were not "DNP" on Wednesday practive and the Colts #3 WR was LP.  if that plays out this week that means that Pascal and Grant are #1 and #2... the Colts need more WRs than that.

Gotcha...I think I was getting the impression and it may have come from others that we need to replace Pascal and/or Rogers on the roster with one or both of these guys and I just didn't know where people were getting the info that Ishmael and Fountain were ready to be every week contributors to the roster is all. I thought perhaps someone had some insider knowledge of how they have performed because I haven't seen either do anything all year to justify that thought was all. Agree though if we have guys out we will need guys to activate obviously...especially down TEs as well.