Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rashan Gary to Enter 2019 NFL Draft

He just announced it on his Youtube page. He will be an interesting evaluation because his season this year didn't go as planned and he was injured for significant portion of it. It will be interesting to see how he does in the predraft process. His athletic ability is off the charts, though... 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I like Gary with his immense athletic ability, but my #1 choice and a realistic get for us at DT in round 1 is Quinnen Williams from Alabama. 

Colts will most likely be picking somewhere in the middle...think Williams would fall that far? Though I'd be ecstatic if he did.

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I like Gary with his immense athletic ability, but my #1 choice and a realistic get for us at DT in round 1 is Quinnen Williams from Alabama. 

That's not realistic at all. Williams will probably go top 5 in the draft and we would have to empty the bank in order to trade up for him... 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I wish there was a realistic chance the Colts could select Williams. Unless a tape of him hitting a woman pops up, there's no chance he makes it out of the top 10.

Gary's intriguing for sure. 

Some draft pundits I follow have him as a top 10 guy , some don't even have him in the 1st round. 

I think his athletic ability/upside will get him drafted in the 1st , but there's legitimate concerns, imo.

For me, I think he's a pure 3-tech at the next level that just needs to bulk up a bit. 

Raekwon Davis of Alabama possibly could be there at No.15 - 20 when we pick.

If we make the playoffs as a wild card and are picking at say 22, the other guy I think would instantly upgrade our OLB/DE position and pass rush squad would be Josh Allen of Kentucky.

If one of those 2 are there, we should draft them. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:27 AM, chad72 said:

Raekwon Davis of Alabama possibly could be there at No.15 - 20 when we pick.

Wouldn't mind that , tbh. 

On 11/29/2018 at 6:04 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

So what range is Simmons from Miss St going does everyone think? That's who I personally like

Tough to say , based on talent/production he should be a top 10 pick , but he has that video from a few years ago that could cause him to fall.

Outside of Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver, Simmons is the guy I want the most on the Colts - provided he's not a bad locker room guy and learned from his past mistake(s). Everything I've read has him being clean in college.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, BProland85 said:

Realistic get?!?

Williams is likely going too-5, no later than top-10.

The Colts are likely picking 18-20.   Possibly even lower if we stay hot.

The only way the Colts get Williams is to trade UP.   Perhaps even WAY up.

Thats possible, but not likely....

Raekwon MAY be sitting there when we pick.........

I would run to the podium to pick the guy

Interior pass rush / pressure is step number 1 IMHO to building this defense

I dont know a SINGLE QB that does well with pressure up the middle

A GREAT CB can get torched if there is no pass rush. An AVERAGE CB looks great with a rushed QB.

Get the pressure up the middle, and the whole defense "gets better"

......."I got Better" best Holy Grail line...........  

Sorry...... posting what popped into the brain :)

We have an opportunity to get Raekwon/Simmons in round one, and Tremont Jones from Ohio State.......in round 2

That would be an EXCELLENT rotation with what we already have

AND

It would fall in line with CBs desire to have 7-8 starters on the DL to rotate

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, BProland85 said:

I would love to get him too, but many of the "experts" have him gone in the first 5 picks

We will be drafting in 20's I believe