Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty Montgomery defied coaches and the team paid for it yesterday

chad72

The latest is he is claiming he did not know where he was on the field and was afraid to take a knee on the one yard line. He stated he would never go against the coaches orders. Yeah, my dad taught me to make an effort to know where you're at when you are at work.:scratch:

27 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The latest is he is claiming he did not know where he was on the field and was afraid to take a knee on the one yard line. He stated he would never go against the coaches orders. Yeah, my dad taught me to make an effort to know where you're at when you are at work.:scratch:

To me, that was him making an alibi for breaking a longstanding rule.  IMO, He was (still) mad for being pulled a little earlier and wanted to 'show them' and he ran it out knowing he was in the end zone, but close enough to the goal line to make an excuse later; especially if it panned out.  But it won't fly if he removes the chance to win the game; which he did.  I guess that qualifies as insubordination and dismissal. And that is what happened.

• Like 2

As a PR/KR, your role is the lowliest on the team in the pecking order...not a QB, OT, DE, LB, WR, RB, CB, S, TE, K, P, LS, FB.

Your job is to not do stupid spit that hurt the team, and be glad that you have a job in the league.

Not only did he spit in the face of his team, his coach, and QB...but failed grossly at common sense. This is the same reason why we released Vanderjagt...guy who plays 1% of all plays, but talks a lot of smack that end up bulletin board material for opposing teams and hurts his own team's chances to win.

I can respect boldness, not * * *.

37 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

As a PR/KR, your role is the lowliest on the team in the pecking order...not a QB, OT, DE, LB, WR, RB, CB, S, TE, K, P, LS, FB.

Your job is to not do stupid spit that hurt the team, and be glad that you have a job in the league.

Not only did he spit in the face of his team, his coach, and QB...but failed grossly at common sense. This is the same reason why we released Vanderjagt...guy who plays 1% of all plays, but talks a lot of smack that end up bulletin board material for opposing teams and hurts his own team's chances to win.

I can respect boldness, not * * *.

Tell that to Devin Hester, Mel Grey, Eric Metcalf,...and Deon Sanders. Returners are darn important because they Make the decision where the offense is going to start on the field.  1 play is guaranteed to put the offense up to 25 yards closer to the goal.  But a good returner can decide to take the ball out of the back of the endzone if he thinks there is a crease in the ST defense he can take advantage of.  And he only has a second to make that decision. 

Plus he's the only player on the entire team GUARANTEED to get hit, if he decides to run, by at least 1 person running full speed.  Takes serious nerves of steel, concentration, and willingness to take a beating to be a returner in the NFL.  *respect*

I'd be a QB getting paid a rookie punters wages, before i was a returner getting paid starting QB wages. And if you've ever returned a kick in your life, you'd know. Most dangerous position in football.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Am I the only fan not impressed by Rogers career? 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-clutch-nfc-championship-stat-012217

im not saying he isn’t good. He’s a good QB. But cmon man. The guy is simply overrated. 

I respectfully disagree. IMO, he's by far the Best QB currently in the game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I respectfully disagree. IMO, he's by far the Best QB currently in the game.

I cannot give an unbiased answer for this because I haven’t watched him play frequently enough. But from the little observation I have seen he doesn’t seem all that special. So take what I say about apposing teams with a grain of salt. 

On 10/29/2018 at 7:26 PM, NFLfan said:

He made a mistake like we all do. It's not that big a deal. It is comments like those here that fuel nutcases to make death threats, as Montgomery is now receiving.. 

Quote:

People are sending message to my wife, people are making comments on posts about my son. I'm getting phone calls, people offering their houses to stay [at] because apparently people are making threats online," he said. "I'm thoroughly * off at the state of humanity right now.  Link

Rodgers should show some leadership and support his teammate like Tramon Williams is doing. JMO

Haha your just defending him because was playing for the Vikings in that game!