Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we seeing the end of Vinatieri?

dgambill

• 3 weeks later...

He missed another field goal versus the Jags that could have been the difference maker. Luckily, it didn’t come to that. 

I think the field goal was 52 yards? Could be remembering incorrectly, but I realized that I didn’t have much confidence like I did in the past...Even at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CamMo said:

He missed another field goal versus the Jags that could have been the difference maker. Luckily, it didn’t come to that. 

I think the field goal was 52 yards? Could be remembering incorrectly, but I realized that I didn’t have much confidence like I did in the past...Even at home.

Yeah this should be his last year.  

45 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I thought the same thing about it possibly being a difference maker. I'm glad it didn't come to that.

I'm grateful that we've had him on our team, and if this turns out to be the final year, what a run it's been.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I thought the same thing about it possibly being a difference maker. I'm glad it didn't come to that.

I'm grateful that we've had him on our team, and if this turns out to be the final year, what a run it's been.  

Oh, it was difference maker all right. I had the Colts -3.  :(

Let's just see how the rest of the season plays out.  He may still be feeling that groin injury.  True, it takes longer to recover at his age, but the guy keeps himself in great condition.

if he hits a couple of 52 yarders later in the season I'll be good bringing him back for one more year.

Id let him kick until he doesn't want to anymore or he simply doesn't have it and he starts looking like our boy Mike Vandy and starts missing anytime it's important.

He has a knack for not missing when it matters so I'll take the occasional 2nd quarter miss in a close game.

He's literally the best kicker of all time, I don't care if some guy in the 1940's had better stats or whatnot. He's money like Peyton was.

50 yarder tomorrow for a super bowl I'd be almost worry free about him shanking it. I'd bet it's blocked because of bad special teams blocking before him 'not having it anymore'.

Long version of hell no he's still dope, this convo is dead.. Lol

• Like 1