Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck and the Offense

lance_m8

I am apart of the group that wants luck to be able to be luck and push the ball all while keeping the same system that is keeping him safe but he needs to be able to be the luck that he was drafted to our team to be if this offense can turn it around and score 24-28 points a week while also stating this defense stays where they are how does this season play out? A bunch of winnable games coming up with our division still in the air this team is definitely top 2 in the AFC South at this moment 100%

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I want a wall poster of Luck on his knees with both fists punching the turf in the Eagles game. Nothing would capture the long frustration of the fans nd franchise.

Maybe I am being overly Positive again but IMO we have had one the best franchises over the last 25 seasons. We have been Very Good to Great more than we have been Bad over the last 25 years. The numbers clearly show that with 5 AFC Title Game appearances, 2 SB appearances, and a SB win since 1995. It wasn't all Peyton either, we were a hair away from going to the SB with Harbaugh in 1995. Luck has also been spectacular at times and got us to an AFC Title Game just 3 years ago. Last season was an aberration going 4-12 if Luck can stay healthy. The worse we will go this season is 8-8 IMO and we have already blown 2 games we should've won.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe I am being overly Positive again but IMO we have had one the best franchises over the last 25 seasons. We have been Very Good to Great more than we have been Bad over the last 25 years. The numbers clearly show that with 5 AFC Title Game appearances, 2 SB appearances, and a SB win since 1995. It wasn't all Peyton either, we were a hair away from going to the SB with Harbaugh in 1995. Luck has also been spectacular at times and got us to an AFC Title Game just 3 years ago. Last season was an aberration going 4-12 if Luck can stay healthy. The worse we will go this season is 8-8 IMO and we have already blown 2 games we should've won.

Yeah I'm not buying the 'suffering' fanbase thing. In the last 20 years we've been an automatic for 10 wins.

I'll take being a Colts fan over AT LEAST 50% of the teams in the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’ll be honest. I miss the old high powered offense under Peyton and early Luck years. I’d much rather watch a great offense than a great defense if I could only choose one. 

It was always fun watching Peyton toy with Defenses I have to admit, then in Lucks rookie season we didn't lose a beat. Luck set the Rookie record for Passing Yards and was so clutch in the 4th Qtr.

• Like 1

From Stampede Blue: https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/26/17903410/is-andrew-lucks-statistical-fall-a-true-narrative-of-his-current-ability

Luck’s Next Gen Stats

Time to throw: 2.52 seconds (7th fastest)

Average intended air yards: 5.5 AYs (34th of 35)

Aggressiveness percentage: 16.95 (14th)

Air yards to sticks: - 2.1 yards (33rd)

Expected completion percentage: 67.8% (comp% = 68.5%)

General Stats:

Completion rate: 68.5% (10th)

Pass yards: 662 yards (23rd)

TD percentage: 4% (21st)

INT percentage: 2.4% (T-17th)

Yards per attempt: 5.3 yards (31st)

Adjusted yards gained per attempt: 5.1 yards (29th)

Yards per completion: 7.8 yards (32nd)

Pass yards per game: 220.7 yards (24th)

Net yards gained per attempt: 4.83 yards (28th)

Adjusted net yards per attempt: 4.56 yards (28th)

13 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

From Stampede Blue: https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/26/17903410/is-andrew-lucks-statistical-fall-a-true-narrative-of-his-current-ability

Luck’s Next Gen Stats

Time to throw: 2.52 seconds (7th fastest)

Average intended air yards: 5.5 AYs (34th of 35)

Aggressiveness percentage: 16.95 (14th)

Air yards to sticks: - 2.1 yards (33rd)

Expected completion percentage: 67.8% (comp% = 68.5%)

General Stats:

Completion rate: 68.5% (10th)

Pass yards: 662 yards (23rd)

TD percentage: 4% (21st)

INT percentage: 2.4% (T-17th)

Yards per attempt: 5.3 yards (31st)

Adjusted yards gained per attempt: 5.1 yards (29th)

Yards per completion: 7.8 yards (32nd)

Pass yards per game: 220.7 yards (24th)

Net yards gained per attempt: 4.83 yards (28th)

Adjusted net yards per attempt: 4.56 yards (28th)

The only problem with these numbers is that they were intended

to move the chains and allow 3rd and shorts. The last game they

didn't do either at the rate to win the game unfortunately.

The learning curve on this new offense may go into midseason.

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

It definitely is one of the problems, but I would respectfully disagree that it's the only problem. In the general stats section, being close to last in nearly every category is still a problem.

• Like 1

To me, these problems exist with false expectations. Not being critical, but when Luck says it will take time to get back and he is not 100% yet, the only problem is perception. To point out these "problems" after game 3, considering the length of time he was away form the game, seems way too early.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 4:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was not going back that far rather to the days of Manning's teams getting so close only to go home. Recall Manning praying Brady would not succeed in the final playoff that pushed the Colts to the SB. They have been so close so many years then comes Luck and the succeed for the first three years falling just short in the last of those three seasons years to get to the SB then Luck gets injured. Adding a poor OL  and bad running attack it all adds up to frustration and that is what Luck was showing as he pounded the turf. They can compete for a playoff spot this year in their division so we hope it works out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Four2itus said:

To me, these problems exist with false expectations. Not being critical, but when Luck says it will take time to get back and he is not 100% yet, the only problem is perception. To point out these "problems" after game 3, considering the length of time he was away form the game, seems way too early.

They definitely have work to do but in view of the Texans and Titans I think we have a chance to make the playoffs and that would be a large shot in the arm for their program.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I was not going back that far rather to the days of Manning's teams getting so close only to go home. Recall Manning praying Brady would not succeed in the final playoff that pushed the Colts to the SB. They have been so close so many years then comes Luck and the succeed for the first three years falling just short in the last of those three seasons years to get to the SB then Luck gets injured. Adding a poor OL  and bad running attack it all adds up to frustration and that is what Luck was showing as he pounded the turf. They can compete for a playoff spot this year in their division so we hope it works out.

Yeah you made a good point, coming up short with having great teams in certain seasons has been frustrating. I still have been pretty pleased with our success for a long time. I guess because we did win a SB that helps. I look at teams like the Bills that lost 4 straight SB's and have 0 SB wins, so it could be worse. Dan Marino is another good example. He was a great QB but has no SB wins to show for it.

Please Colts, try and sign Le'Veon Bell.  That would take the pressure off Luck. If you bring Bell in that would boost the running game, which seems like what the Colts are trying to establish. It would give us a legitimate shot at the playoffs and give us a running game we have so sorely lived without for many years now. With our passing game adding Bell would open up everything. New England got a top 5 receiver for just a 4th round pick. Come on Colts pull the trigger and make it happens before someone  else does. Just don't give up everything to get him as New England didn't for Josh Gordon. Colts are #1 :) !!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dodsworth said:

That offense will lose games way more often than win 

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

That offense will lose games way more often than win 

10 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

As a .333 winning percentage will attest.

These type of offenses made legends of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

We are 3 games into a new offensive system and coaching change

so unfortunately there will be a learning curve for all involved.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

True...I don't think we have seen a good portion of the offense yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gadjet7 said:

Please Colts, try and sign Le'Veon Bell.  That would take the pressure off Luck. If you bring Bell in that would boost the running game, which seems like what the Colts are trying to establish. It would give us a legitimate shot at the playoffs and give us a running game we have so sorely lived without for many years now. With our passing game adding Bell would open up everything. New England got a top 5 receiver for just a 4th round pick. Come on Colts pull the trigger and make it happens before someone  else does. Just don't give up everything to get him as New England didn't for Josh Gordon. Colts are #1 :) !!! 

You are not alone in you opinion. With some questions on Luck's arm bringing in a top notch RB would balance out their offense. What would the Colts offer for him? To me not more than a second draft pick.

23 hours ago, dodsworth said:

May be the offense they want. But it’s  not what they got yet. Neither of those guys has thrown for less YPA than our current 5.3. Colts need to at some point get downfield or at lest prove it’s a threat.

I still say if we were 3-0 there would be no negative Luck threads. We gave 2 games away by not executing in the RedZone. That has really been our only problem. That has 0 to do with arm strength, etc.. I would love to see us win the next 3 games like 23-20 on average and Luck still only average 6 Yards a pass and have no completions over 20 Yards just to see the comments in here. That is very possible folks. Like I have preached, if you win nobody complains, when you lose the negative people find every little thing to whine about. I would love to be 2-1 or 3-0 but so far we look much better than last season. Luck is completing 68.5% of his passes. People can say 5.3, then I can comeback and say 68.5. 68.5% is Great no matter how you slice it. We will win Sunday and I Can't wait because the Forum has disappointed me this week to be honest. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still say if we were 3-0 there would be no negative Luck threads. We gave 2 games away by not executing in the RedZone. That has really been our only problem. That has 0 to do with arm strength, etc.. I would love to see us win the next 3 games like 23-20 on average and Luck still only average 6 Yards a pass and have no completions over 20 Yards just to see the comments in here. That is very possible folks. Like I have preached, if you win nobody complains, when you lose the negative people find every little thing to whine about. I would love to be 2-1 or 3-0 but so far we look much better than last season. Luck is completing 68.5% of his passes. People can say 5.3, then I can comeback and say 68.5. 68.5% is Great no matter how you slice it. We will win Sunday and I Can't wait because the Forum has disappointed me this week to be honest. 

People were complaining that Luck looked terrible even while we were up. just saying.

22 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

People were complaining that Luck looked terrible even while we were up. just saying.

Yes people were complaining but my point is, had we won at the end these new negative Luck Threads wouldn't exist. Winning overrides everything. I learned that a long time ago when Peyton was winning MVP every year throwing for huge Yards and alot of TD's but Brady was winning SB's dinking and dunking. All people cared about was Tom winning SB's even though Peyton was clearly the better QB in 2003 and 2004.