Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safeties

compuls1v3

Geathers has been excellent the last 2 games after a rocky first game against the Bengals. He has had 22 tackles in his last 2 games with 13 of them solo. He is a good strong safety.

Hooker is a little rusty but he will get there. The Redskins game was a complete right off as Smith was never going to test him. Hooker made a good pass break up when tested yesterday.

Hooker may take a bit of time.

I don't see the tremendous closing speed that made him a star at Ohio State

and his few games here......  he may be healing as he goes

We need him to get there

Geathers had some good tackles yesterday, but he seems like a step or two slow this year

This defense needs BOTH of these safeties to play at a high level

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Some of our downfield coverage is quite suspect...we have given up more plays than we should and Hooker seems to be a little scattered out there and unsure of himself. It's improving and that's good but the secondary has got to do a better job in coverage for sure.

After watching the highlights I agree, I feel Hooker seemed a little scattered or not confident.  That TD saving pass break up and tackling angles were encouraging at least.

Both playing really well.

That low shoulder roll cut tackle Hooker seems to do has me worried sometimes when he’s the last man to beat. Sooner or later people are going to expect it and vault him. I’d rather he wrapped up and lost another yard or 2 on forward progress than gave up touchdowns by making a poor cut tackle he can’t recover from.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Seems to me that team are avoiding Hooker. Maybe that's why his name doesn't get called often.

teams will probably always avoid him somewhat, especially after he gets more ints.  he needs to get his speed back and make great reads to be a factor 

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I must be missing what the rest of you guys are watching, all I see is a freak athlete.

That's one play, a HIGHLIGHT play, and I acknowledged it already.  It might have been because it was wet, but there was just some plays he looked hesitant on.  Trust me, I'm on the Hooker bandwagon. And I'm no analyst.  That's just what I saw when I watched the game highlights.  My eyes may have failed me :D.