Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Several Colts to miss practice Wed.

1959Colts

Anthony Castonzo won’t practice on Wednesday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/anthony-castonzo-wont-practice-on-wednesday/

...As you’d expect with a player in that situation, Reich said Castonzo’s status for Sunday’s game is up in the air. Missing him would require the Colts to turn to Le'Raven Clark or J'Marcus Webb, which would not be a real confidence builder in terms of keeping Luck from taking the kinds of hits he’d like to avoid in his return from a serious right shoulder injury.

The Colts are also practicing without running back Marlon Mack and rookie linebacker Darius Leonard, so the injury news isn’t good despite Luck’s positive results in the preseason...

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Leonard missed some practice last week too. Apparently he's confident he'll be out there but who knows, not counting on it.

Why would you not count on it when he said he was going to play?  I, for one, am counting on it and will be shocked if he doesn't play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Why would you not count on it when he said he was going to play?  I, for one, am counting on it and will be shocked if he doesn't play.

EDIT: Nevermind with my first post, apparently he is out there at least limited practice. Thought he wouldn't be practicing at all. Wasn't trying to come off like I doubt the man's word, just that lots of times players say they'll be out there and things don't end up healing quite as quickly as they thought.

1 hour ago, bwygant said:

Im not to worried about AC yet. They could set him out all week and still play him on Sunday. Coach Reich is more like a poker player who doesn't show his hand. 

He may be a poker player but that scenario you laid out won't happen.  They have to think long term and will not play a guy who has missed as much camp as Castonzo did and also did not practice in the week leading up to the game.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

He may be a poker player but that scenario you laid out won't happen.  They have to think long term and will not play a guy who has missed as much camp as Castonzo did and also did not practice in the week leading up to the game.

Im not saying it will happen just saying as long as AC has been playing he wouldn't need as much time to get ready to say a rookie.  I know Reich wont play any player who is not ready to go. 

21 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

He was able to go on a limited basis today, & if he's able to be a full go tomorrow, I'd expect him to play on Sunday.