Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Depressed Fans' Thread

Here's my message to you fans that are depressed over all of this:

- Keep your heads up, the future is bright with Andrew Luck and future stars Antoine Bethea, Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner and Jerraud Powers

- Look at the magical run we've had with 18. We went to 2 SBs and won 1. He's the greatest!

- All good things have to come to an end...kinda like the presidency of Bill Clinton

- The Colts could easily return to it's previous high as the Bengals with a rookie QB and a very young team made it to the playoffs. With good coaching and some hard work, we could easily be like them.

- Taking up new challenges is always fun. It's going to be fun to see how the Colts fare in the next couple of seasons with the most hyped QB in the history of college. I think he comes through just by everything I've seen.

- A true Colts fan stays a fan through the good and the bad. You don't want to look like a cheapskate becoming a fan when the times are looking up then jump off the bandwagon when times are bad. You've stuck through a bad year, so I think you can take a bad breakup.

- You have to expect this day would come, and just think about other teams that have gone through this. 49ers with Montana, Packers with Favre, Old Colts fans with Unitas. This is just another chapter in the history of the NFL.

This is going to be tough for all of us, but it's how we move on that defines us. Look at the good times and keep your head up.

Cheers

Well i am not shocked, just disappointed that they couldnt meet on different terms. Just surprised that it has to go down like this. i was hoping for a lifer in a Colts jersey. Tell ya what though, I am upset enough that I am willing to take a one day forum suspension to tell off one of the big mouths today.

- Keep your heads up, the future is bright with Andrew Luck and future stars Antoine Bethea, Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner and Jerraud Powers

- Look at the magical run we've had with 18. We went to 2 SBs and won 1. He's the greatest!

- All good things have to come to an end...kinda like the presidency of Bill Clinton

- The Colts could easily return to it's previous high as the Bengals with a rookie QB and a very young team made it to the playoffs. With good coaching and some hard work, we could easily be like them.

- Taking up new challenges is always fun. It's going to be fun to see how the Colts fare in the next couple of seasons with the most hyped QB in the history of college. I think he comes through just by everything I've seen.

- A true Colts fan stays a fan through the good and the bad. You don't want to look like a cheapskate becoming a fan when the times are looking up then jump off the bandwagon when times are bad. You've stuck through a bad year, so I think you can take a bad breakup.

- You have to expect this day would come, and just think about other teams that have gone through this. 49ers with Montana, Packers with Favre, Old Colts fans with Unitas. This is just another chapter in the history of the NFL.

This is going to be tough for all of us, but it's how we move on that defines us. Look at the good times and keep your head up.

Cheers

Well put! Just touhgt he was gonna play his entire career here. I knew the day would coe, just hoped he would retire, not be released.

Well put! Just touhgt he was gonna play his entire career here. I knew the day would coe, just hoped he would retire, not be released.

Me too and I was one of those people that thought he would stay. Just have to face the facts and move on. Remember it's a game. You have your own life to worry about, don't let this get in the way too much.

Me too and I was one of those people that thought he would stay. Just have to face the facts and move on. Remember it's a game. You have your own life to worry about, don't let this get in the way too much.

It won't effect my life, as long as the team doesn't slump to a constant losing record, causingthe team to pack up and leave. Then i will be effected.

Ive accepted the possibility along time ago but now that its actually happened im def. still not happy its happening.

The only thing that makes its slightly easier to take is the fact the team appears to be in a good situation to rebuild.

The 4 demands of Irsay (according to Kravitz on Mike&Mike) for Manning to return to the Colts...Manning would not agree to all of these conditions.

1. Manning must take less money

2. Manning must mentor Luck

3. Manning must give up 30% of practice snaps

4. Manning would have to compete with Luck for the starting job

Cheers

Had you right up until Clinton, GOV is NEVER the answer, it lies with the individual