Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Peyton, Luck and The Colts C needs to be the way to go. Let Peyton find the best chance of winning another superbowl. I will keep following Peyton and cheering for him to continue his legacy as one of the best QB's of all time. This is also the opportunity for the Colts to truly rebuild into a team that is ready to dominate for another 10+ years with Luck and the new coaching philosophy and management style. It will be a tough couple years of rebuilding but it's best for the franchise.

That's completely eliminating an option most think is best. Even if there was an option D that would just split the Luck camp, but still only represent 1/4 of the vote.

You wanted a 50/50 option regarding Luck. I provided it.

It does not eliminate anything concerning Luck. You either draft him, or you don't. Easy. This has nothing to do with PM. People will vote if they think Luck is worth the pick or not. Simple.

You wanted a 50/50 option regarding Luck. I provided it.

It does not eliminate anything concerning Luck. You either draft him, or you don't. Easy. This has nothing to do with PM. People will vote if they think Luck is worth the pick or not. Simple.

"How do you want the Colts to handle the Peyton Manning situation?"

Really now?

So do you see no way in which we can have both?

We can have both but it would not be a good move long term. I just can't see it working. Manning is going to want to continue to play and Luck isn't going to be content on the bench. If Manning plays like the GOAT then the fan base will be upset that a #1 pick was wasted on a backup QB.

Given Peyton is back to form, he's a keeper for 2012. He would be the best QB at the position for the Colts regardless whom they would get in a draft or trade. According to FJC/UF, paying the 28 mil would represent 17mil or 14% of the 2012 cap. Freeney hits the cap in 2012 for 19mil so PM is worth the 17.

Per UF, new rookie #1 can be had for 4mil. That's around 3% of the 2012 cap. A total of 17% of the cap and only 2mil more in total than Freeney. That gives the colts the best QB in football to win a championship now and the best backup available for the money should something happen to the GOAT. After last year does anyone only want one good QB? Seriously?

Challenge this great new coaching staff with the job of developing a middle of the pack(15/16th) ranked defense and running game.

Peyton Manning + 15th ranked def/run game = Super Bowl Contender.

Deal with 2013 when it gets here.

Given Peyton is back to form, he's a keeper for 2012. He would be the best QB at the position for the Colts regardless whom they would get in a draft or trade. According to FJC/UF, paying the 28 mil would represent 17mil or 14% of the 2012 cap. Freeney hits the cap in 2012 for 19mil so PM is worth the 17.

Per UF, new rookie #1 can be had for 4mil. That's around 3% of the 2012 cap. A total of 17% of the cap and only 2mil more in total than Freeney. That gives the colts the best QB in football to win a championship now and the best backup available for the money should something happen to the GOAT. After last year does anyone only want one good QB? Seriously?

Challenge this great new coaching staff with the job of developing a middle of the pack(15/16th) ranked defense and running game.

Peyton Manning + 15th ranked def/run game = Super Bowl Contender.

Deal with 2013 when it gets here.

PM (under current contract terms)+ Luck(at 5% increase over Newton's contract) + QB3(at league minimum) will represent 18-20% of total team cap for every year between 2012-2015. IMO, this will severely hamper the team's ability to pay for FAs, including our own.

Asked and answered.

Your options can be seen as biased. It eliminates a whole group of voters in the situation. You also suggested the Pro Manning camp is only larger because of more poll options. This poll is the most balanced because it provides options to the Pro Manning and Luck camp, the Pro Manning/Anti Luck, and the Anti Manning/Pro Luck camp. The reality is 75% rather Manning as the starter compared to the 25% who believe Luck should be our starter.

Your options can be seen as biased. It eliminates a whole group of voters in the situation. You also suggested the Pro Manning camp is only larger because of more poll options. This poll is the most balanced because it provides options to the Pro Manning and Luck camp, the Pro Manning/Anti Luck, and the Anti Manning/Pro Luck camp. The reality is 75% rather Manning as the starter compared to the 25% who believe Luck should be our starter.

Correct. The only option not available is to release Manning and not draft Luck. But who the f would do that.

PM (under current contract terms)+ Luck(at 5% increase over Newton's contract) + QB3(at league minimum) will represent 18-20% of total team cap for every year between 2012-2015. IMO, this will severely hamper the team's ability to pay for FAs, including our own.

I don't buy into the estimate of 5% over Newtons contract because of the new CBA limits. No need for QB #3. But, even accepting your estimates then I definitely believe that 20-21% of the cap would be money well spent for the locking in great QB's for the next decade.

I don't buy into the estimate of 5% over Newtons contract because of the new CBA limits. No need for QB #3. But, even accepting your estimates then I definitely believe that 20-21% of the cap would be money well spent for the locking in great QB's for the next decade.

The new CBA limits applied to Newton's contract too.

Correct. The only option not available is to release Manning and not draft Luck. But who the f would do that.

Well certainly no one fans of the Colts would choose that option. You could say some fans of other teams, maybe the Texans perhaps, see that as the "best" option for the Colts. ;)

Thanks for the acknowledgement. :thmup:

The new CBA limits applied to Newton's contract too.

Yes, but in an article I read yesterday there were some allowances for the first year. Sorry can't quote and don't remember where. So suffice it to say estimates are estimates. Yours probably not that far off.

Still, 20% of the cap now doesn't hamper the Colts as much as you think. Cap greatly expands in the future also.

Its been said before but since we need 2 QBs anyway...(assuming Curtis Painter or Danny Orlovsky will not be back)

Re-sign Peyton and draft Luck...

It covers us from any of the 2 biggest problems.

If Luck isnt ready...we have Manning, a proven winner

...if Manning isnt healthy, we have Luck..the premier prospect

I couldnt be less concerned what was fair to either of them...it isnt about them

They will both work together because they know each other (and the families do) and we will be secure at the QB position for the future AND for 2012...

Irsay wont blow this....because he suggests that this is what he's wanted anyway...

I say we draft the next Peyton manning next year....his name? Tyler Bray.

Look him up the kid special, he's only a sophomore and could stay for his senior season, I imagine him and Peyton have talked a couple times.

Mark it down now, if not next year, his junior year, they will be comparing him to Peyton by his senior year. They will be talking about how he is just had good as luck was coming out. Except he's the real deal having played in the best conference in college.

Re-sign Peyton and draft Luck...

OK, well how long do you re-sign Peyton for? 3 years? So 3 years of "the best NFL ready prospect since Elway" sitting on the bench?

Don't think Peyton would agree to just a 1 year deal. And 2 years is still pretty long for a guy like Luck to be on the sidelines.

Honestly. This town isn't big enough for both of them.