Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerrick McKinnon to 49ers 4 years 30M. WOW!

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

with the size of these deals to average players, Ballard is looking better and better.

would they help the Colts...sure, but the value (price vs production) doesn't justify it.

Teams have gone crazy. I can't fathom how players are being signed to those contracts. Moncrief to 7-9.5M contract? Someone named Ryan Grant to 4 year 29M? wth is going on? 

17 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

If a guy like McKinnon can get that much we might as well just gracefully bow out of free agency this year. No way you’ll get anybody, even average players, without “overpaying”

Exactly. Is it overpaying if other teams say a player is worth a certain amount? 

This is why we have been so inactive.

We will not overpay for guys.

There have been very very few reasonable deals in the tampering period and this first day.

Which is why our signings will likely come day 2 and beyond and be for all the "leftover" guys who are more likely to take reasonable deals.

To over pay  for a player that you desperately need is a different story..  Norwell we should have overpaid and done everything to get him..  We desperately need him.  Only guy I would have over paid for like that by even more than what he got honestly 

McKinnon basically got LeSean McCoy money.  The value of RBs is obviously rising.  Regardless I didn't want Dion or Jerrick as neither have displayed any tendencies resembling a bell cow back, yet that's exactly how they're being paid.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Do you pay 7.5M for a change of pace back? Teams are going insane. 

I think he's going to be a multi-use weapon who might see 250 touches and 1,200 all purpose yards this season. More than just a change back. But he got more money than I thought he would...