Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malcolm Butler to the Titans - 5yrs, $61M

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

5 years for a 28 y/o C-Pass

Most every 5-year deal have points at which you can get out with less financial damage.     That's why so many 5-year deals end up being 3-year deals.

Same with 3-year deals...   teams can typically get out after one or two years, depending on how the deal is structured...

A year ago this board had a meltdown when it was revealed Chicago signed Mike Glennon to a 3-year deal.   One year later, Glennon has been cut with zero financial impact to the Bears. 

The Devil is in the details.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most every 5-year deal have points at which you can get out with less financial damage.     That's why so many 5-year deals end up being 3-year deals.

Same with 3-year deals...   teams can typically get out after one or two years, depending on how the deal is structured...

A year ago this board had a meltdown when it was revealed Chicago signed Mike Glennon to a 3-year deal.   One year later, Glennon has been cut with zero financial impact to the Bears. 

The Devil is in the details.

Agreed

36 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I don't see the Colts signing an expensive CB. Seems like a spot where Ballard will look to bring in competition through some low-level FAs and possibly an early draft pick.

S might be different though.

If we're going more zone, then all around talent at S is important.  Fitzpatrick at 6 or Derwin James at 12 look good.  I'd rather find zone corners in round 2.

I don't think we upgrade S via FA with Geathers and Farley under contract.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If we're going more zone, then all around talent at S is important.  Fitzpatrick at 6 or Derwin James at 12 look good.  I'd rather find zone corners in round 2.

Don't forget Hooker

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I would be more than happy with one of those two...depending on the trade back. 

47 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it's time for Melvin to resign with us and now we have enough information to make Kyle Fuller an offer on his transition tag.  The way the Bears are signing players they probably wouldn't match. 

Fuller would be a great option, but may come with a hefty price tag.  Being that the transition tag is north of $13M for CBs, perhaps 4y/$52M front loaded with a hefty signing bonus would get it done and be beneficial to both parties.  

52 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You cant put a price tag on a ring. Lol

True LJ, but just because Butler made a play for the ages once doesn't mean he's going to replicate that feat in Tennessee either. 

I wish Malcolm well though. I felt bad that he wasn't allowed to play in the SB vs the Eagles at all. He's a decent guy & I like it when secondary dudes get paid. 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

True LJ, but just because Butler made a play for the ages once doesn't mean he's going to replicate that feat in Tennessee either. 

I wish Malcolm well though. I felt bad that he wasn't allowed to play in the SB vs the Eagles at all. He's a decent guy & I like it when secondary dudes get paid. 

I wouldn't have minded us sogning him...we need corners badly.

As far as the money is concerned, every FA is getting paod Big bucks. Thats the gping rate nowadays. 

48 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't have minded us sogning him...we need corners badly.

As far as the money is concerned, every FA is getting paod Big bucks. Thats the gping rate nowadays. 

I wouldn't have minded bringing Malcolm in for a visit just so I could rack his brain & see how he thinks on the field. I never thought we'd go after him. 

Yep, all free agents get some serious Benjamins just by virtue of being free. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I wouldn't have minded bringing Malcolm in for a visit just so I could rack his brain & see how he thinks on the field. I never thought we'd go after him. 

Yep, all free agents get some serious Benjamins just by virtue of being free. 

I noticed price pf FA going up when Fleener & Allen were FA's. We all thought they were worth about 4 mil per. But they each receoved about 7, right? 

It's been steadily gping up.