Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sounds like the Browns could end up taking Barkley #1

Meaningless.

Seriously...    Rap say.... "in the mix"....   well duh..   of course he is.   He was in the mix BEFORE the combine and Batkley aced the combine.   Of course he's in the mix.

And Dorsey has also publicly said he's willing to trade the number one pick.  

It's lying season...   assume everything is a smokescreen.    Don't believe everything you read and hear.....

Anyone surprised?  I'm not.  It's what I would do in their place.  There's only one Saquon Barkeley, and there's 4 or 5 quality QB's.  Get Barkeley first, and the best QB of who is left at #4.  (And, no, you don't do as that CBS guy says, and trade your entire draft for Andrew Luck.  Seriously?)

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Anyone surprised?  I'm not.  It's what I would do in their place.  There's only one Saquon Barkeley, and there's 4 or 5 quality QB's.  Get Barkeley first, and the best QB of who is left at #4.  (And, no, you don't do as that CBS guy says, and trade your entire draft for Andrew Luck.  Seriously?)

IMO The only way the Browns draft a QB at 1 is if they only have 1 guy and are afraid he won’t be there at 4

49 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I have sources that say Sam Darnold is firmly in the mix for the Browns at #1.

im a must follow on Twitter.

This new information has me hyped! Excited! Absolutely cogswalloped! That means we have a chance for Chubb at 3!

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO The only way the Browns draft a QB at 1 is if they only have 1 guy and are afraid he won’t be there at 4

I can't see how a team doesn't have a preference at qb, and if that preference is any of the guys that have even an outside chance of going #2 or #3 you have to take him at #1. And if there is any team that shouldn't try to get "cute" or gamble when it comes to QB it's the Browns. 

The trade down in this draft happens with the Giants more likely than the Colts. Broncos or Jets trade with the Giants for a QB, I bet, as soon as the Browns take Barkley. Only one of the Broncos or Jets win the Cousins sweepstakes, more likely the Broncos.

11 minutes ago, esmort said:

I can't see how a team doesn't have a preference at qb, and if that preference is any of the guys that have even an outside chance of going #2 or #3 you have to take him at #1. And if there is any team that shouldn't try to get "cute" or gamble when it comes to QB it's the Browns. 

Agreed 

It is more if the team has guys 1a, 1b and are happy with either

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Personally I don't think it will happen. I think Barkley has No. 1 overall ability. But Sam Darnold makes too much sense. 

If the Browns do take Barkley then LET The Bidding Begin!!! :) 

Interesting, it would be pretty Cleveland to take a RB 1st overall.

Gotta say, if the plan is to take a QB with the 4th pick because they like 2-4 guys and would be “happy with any of them” , I think that’s flawed thinking.

They should be honed in on one specific guy. 

If they don’t like any of them, that’s a different story.

Personally, I think they should take Darnold 1st overall and get it over with.

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

Gotta say, if the plan is to take a QB with the 4th pick because they like 2-4 guys and would be “happy with any of them” , I think that’s flawed thinking.

Don't be surprised if the Browns take Barkley at #1. They have aver 110 million is cap space and could very well sign a vet QB before the draft.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Don't be surprised if the Browns take Barkley at #1. They have aver 110 million is cap space and could very well sign a vet QB before the draft.

The big thing could be whether the top Draft QBs want to go to Cleveland because no one wants a John Elway, Bo Jackson, or Eli Manning situation 

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The big thing could be whether the top Draft QBs want to go to Cleveland because no one wants a John Elway, Bo Jackson, or Eli Manning situation 

I am not too sure if the Browns are looked at as bad as they used to be with Dorsey there. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

They also have enough draft picks to trade for a QB too.

they are sitting pretty at 1 and 4.  barkley goes 1, then they get their QB at four.   they will be dangerous in 2 years, and they have tons of money and more draft picks 

Browns take Barkley .... giants take Nelson 

colts now sitting with the next pick get a kings ransom from a team looking for their next Luck ( QB ) 

browns move up frpm from 4 to 3 and give their 2 second round picks .... now the colts get #4 get Chubb AND have 3 second round picks! 

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

they are sitting pretty at 1 and 4.  barkley goes 1, then they get their QB at four.   they will be dangerous in 2 years, and they have tons of money and more draft picks 

They have 5 picks in the 1st two rounds with 12 picks altogether.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

They also have enough draft picks to trade for a QB too.

They take Barkley at 1 ... giants take Nelson at 2 to protect Eli or a QB for a future spot then the colts trade without browns for #4 spot plus their 2 second round picks and we get Chubb plus 3 second round picks. 

2 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

They take Barkley at 1 ... giants take Nelson at 2 to protect Eli or a QB for a future spot then the colts trade without browns for #4 spot plus their 2 second round picks and we get Chubb plus 3 second round picks. 

JMO but the only way the trade with us is if they think we will trade the pick to someone else

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't referring to a drafted QB. I was referring to signing a vet or trading for a vet with the money to sign him to good money.

I was referring to drafted players

Elway used the Yankees to force a trade 

Jackson was prepared to play MLB

Manning forced a trade

Several other players used the AFL or the USFL to avoid certain draft situations

6 hours ago, Trueman said:

Maybe it will be Darnold at #1.  OTOH, what if they focus on one guy after interviews and testing.  Say they determine the best fit is Baker Mayfield (IME: a Platinum plated Jeff Garcia), not Darnold.  How many teams will trade up to take him in the top 3?  (I wager zero)  So they could take a game changer at #1 and get their QB at #4 in this particular case.  We never know what goes on in full in those draft rooms with the scouting reports, tape viewing sessions, and the interviews. Makes draft day exciting!