Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs Exploring trade options for Alex Smith

BigQandTheManiac

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752868-alex-smith-rumors-chiefs-to-explore-trade-ian-rapoport-links-browns-cardinals

The browns and Cardinals are linked but.....what if the Jags pulled the trigger on this trade? Talk about scary, the Colts would really be in trouble then if they don't improve fast. Also that sucks for Smith being traded again in favor of another QB.

Jags will be looking for any QB option out there thats not Blake Bortles if their smart, which i fully believe Coughlin will push to get rid of Bortles, especially after that Wild Card showing.

Blake Bortles 12/23 87 yards, 10 rushes 88 yards, He was running when he had open receivers down field as if not even he had confidence in himself to complete the throws.

2 hours ago, ColtJ82 said:

Eli Manning a possibility for the Jags? Guess we'll know come draft. 

Mara has already publically said he wanted Eli to be the starter for the Giants next season. Is it smoke? I don't know.

I think Eli still has two years left on his contract with a 12 million cap hit this year if he is cut.

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I feel sorry for Alex Smith. I definitely don't want to see him with the Jags. Any upgrade at the QB position makes them a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Same here.  He had a quiet stretch mid season but he was slated as an MVP candidate in the first quarter of the season.

Chiefs will be loving this though as they seem very high on Mahomes and will get a good haul for Smith from one of the many QB needy teams.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:03 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I feel sorry for Alex Smith. I definitely don't want to see him with the Jags. Any upgrade at the QB position makes them a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Jags could sign Smith, and draft a QB high, one to groom for 2-3 years and take over for Alex.  Bills and Redskins could make a bid for him.  Cardinals might as well.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What's the trade value for a 34-year-old QB with a history of regular season but not playoff success?

Most of what I've heard on things like Golic and Wingo and other radio shows say that Kansas City is wanting to get 2 second round picks for him. Not sure if it is really what they are looking for but it is what I remember hearing more than once.