Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Wildcard Weekend Live Games Thread

DraftMaster

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm pretty sure it was a pick I didn't at first but I think he got his arm under it 

You need to look at it again, it hit the ground and was moving. You seem to like the Jags so you are siding with them but that was not an INT. Fournette stunk up the joint as well. They are going to get thrashed at Pitt.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You need to look at it again, it hit the ground and was moving. You seem to like the Jags so you are siding with them but that was not an INT. Fournette stunk up the joint as well. They are going to get thrashed at Pitt.

Most thought it wasn't a pick at first but after seeing it even Tony thought it was a pick 

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Easily the worst NFL playoff game....and played in good weather and conditions

Just bad ball playing...87 yards passing

I think Peyton could have got off the couch and led that offense to a better performance lol...it was hard to watch. I love good defense but most of that was just poor poor execution....like wide open throws missed. That isn’t good to watch.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like they did earlier this year lol it might be a good game this time at least 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe some will step up but I would say outside of Rodgers I don’t see that next Manning, Brees, Brady, Ben, Philip. I don’t see the qb that consistently week in and out carries his team and puts up amazing performances. Some good young talent but none are consistent. Stanford hasn’t been over his career...Luck is up and down and hurt a lot..Cam isn’t consistent throwing, Goff and wentz way too soon to say...just look at Carr...he looks like an MVP one year then looks like his brother the next. The only I’ve seen do it at a high level consistently week in and out year after year is Aaron Rodgers. I hope your right though. However I think we will see more playoff games like this one and qb performances like this one in the future than brilliant qb play.

Great quarterbacks have had bad games too. Some very bad ones too.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Most thought it was a pick at first but after seeing it even Tony thought it was a pick 

Tony did say that but it was because he didn't feel like it was conclusive to overturn it. I love Tony but I disagree with him on this one. I actually hate the Steelers so I hope Bortles plays the game of his life next week. I just don't see it though.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Great quarterbacks have had bad games too. Some very bad ones too.

Very true...most brought on by great defense....how many wide open throws missed today....good defense but there were a ton of plays left on the field by these qbs. It wasn’t good. I am probably too negative about the state of qb play in the NFL but I’m not seeing the next Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning out there....thank goodness for Aaron Rodgers.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Easily the worst NFL playoff game....and played in good weather and conditions

Just bad ball playing...87 yards passing

I agree. And Phil Simms and Cowher are trying to sugar coat the bad product on the field by saying the tension during the game was exhilarating. Talk about trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

If the Bill's players wouldn't have dropped so many passes, the Bills might have been able to put together some drives.. 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Can't wait for the Vikings game. Keenum may play poorly too but hopefully our defense will win it. 

Vikings play on Sunday against the Saints or Panthers.

Your my team I’m rooting for....which means you’ll probably lose...sorry lol.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Can't wait for the Vikings game. Keenum may play poorly too but hopefully our defense will win it. 

Vikings play on Sunday against the Saints or Panthers.

Keenum is hard to figure out. He was great at times in Houston and Bad at times in Houston. You just never know how he will play in a big Playoff game. The Divisional Round is when the pressure is on and the big boys play. Tom and Peyton have set the bar so high in this era that it's unfair for these younger guys to even try and look Good, forget about Great. Rodgers and Brees have at least been Elite off and on and have shown signs being in those 2 guys league.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Very true...most brought on by great defense....how many wide open throws missed today....good defense but there were a ton of plays left on the field by these qbs. It wasn’t good. I am probably too negative about the state of qb play in the NFL but I’m not seeing the next Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning out there....thank goodness for Aaron Rodgers.

I am a lot more optimistic than you are about the future of quarterbacks in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am a lot more optimistic than you are about the future of quarterbacks in the NFL.

I know what you mean but I just don’t see those next guys yet. Outside Aaron there is a list of guys that are up and down. Wilson is the closest for me. When we had Montana and Marino and Moon we saw that Aikman and Young and Favre were coming and then we saw Young Peyton and Tom and Drew coming on. Outside of Aaron I can’t identify those next guys...I think a lot will be flashes in the pan...the Dante Culpeepers or Donavon Mcnabbs or Carson Palmers...some great seasons but nothing transcending....hope I’m wrong though!

10 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Woo hoo!

Be better than Steelers at NE, so sick of the Pats and Steelers at this point. I am sure people were sick of us too when we had Peyton and Luck in his 1st 3 years but at least we have been bad for a couple years. Pats and Steelers are like Jason Vorhees, they wont go away! I want to see a 6-3 classic where Titans take out the Jags in the Title game :sarcasm:

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually Titans beating Chiefs makes our Division look a lot better I have to admit. Nobody seen that coming.

Travis Kelce is the MVP of the Chiefs....without him the offense is nothing special and very predictable. I felt bad for Smith he really had no shot. Also makes me wonder if that game effects how we see Nagy and Toub after laying an egg two years in a row in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I know what you mean but I just don’t see those next guys yet. Outside Aaron there is a list of guys that are up and down. Wilson is the closest for me. When we had Montana and Marino and Moon we saw that Aikman and Young and Favre were coming and then we saw Young Peyton and Tom and Drew coming on. Outside of Aaron I can’t identify those next guys...I think a lot will be flashes in the pan...the Dante Culpeepers or Donavon Mcnabbs or Carson Palmers...some great seasons but nothing transcending....hope I’m wrong though!

Luck will come back. I like Stafford and Wentz very much. Did you not like Watson and Jimmy G? They looked great. People doubted Ben, Eli and Rivers in their first few years. Look what they have become. It takes time to develop a good QB.

Anyway, we disagree. It's ok.

Saints doing a Denver....trying to get extra dirty hits on Cam rob riugh him up and get under his skin. We will see if Cam has grown...because you know the officials aren’t going to put a stop to it like they should and protect him like other QBs.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Luck will come back. I like Stafford and Wentz very much. Did you not like Watson and Jimmy G? They looked great. People doubted Ben, Eli and Rivers in their first few years. Look what they have become. It takes time to develop a good QB.

I need more than just a year or less...teams will get more tape and figure them out...we saw that with Carr and others...maybe though. I gotta see Luck stay healthy..I want him to take that next step...but he has to prove it to me.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

With Peyton retired and Tommy aging, if Luck comes back healthy he could finally be the man in a couple of years. Benny and Brees will probably retire too within the next 2 years IMO. Rodgers still has plenty of time but Luck is much younger than he is. I do like Wentz as well, so we will see. I like QB's such as Wilson and Cam but I think Seattle is a mess right now. Their Defense is aging and since Lynch has left, they haven't found his replacement. Cam is solid but is an injury waiting to happen. He take risks that are scary. Matt Ryan I do like but man does he choke. He needs to get him a SB win ASAP.

It was crazy seeing those two teams in a playoff game while we're home watching.

Usually that's the toilet bowl game of the week.

If Jax ever got a solid QB they'd be deadly though.

We're taking offers for #3 Buffalo :D..