Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Wildcard Weekend Live Games Thread

DraftMaster

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Most of those haven’t proven to be able to carry their teams...Rodgers yes but the rest are very up and down....some will step out and be those next guys I hope but not yet.

But they are young. Some have not even played three years yet. Is Ben "carrying" his team? He has tons of weapons. I love Philip but he has not won much. Stafford has "carried" his team more than Philip has. And I love Philip. I only bring his name up because you said when he, Brady and Ben retires, there "won't be much left". How is Stafford different from Philip now? And Wilson has been pretty successful. 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I just disagree.. They;d have the ball with 1:20 or so with a time out.

To score a TD, you need a time out going more than 1/2 the field.

Plus Jax threw on 3rd down..it might have been incomplete. which would have stopped the clock

I’d rather have 2mins no timeouts then 1:20 with one but ok if you say so. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

But they are young. Some have not even played three years. Is Ben "carrying" his Team? I love Philip but he has not won much. Stafford has "carried" his team more than Philip has. And I love Philip. I only bring his name up because you said when he, Brady and Ben retires, there "won't be much left". How is Stafford different from Philip? And Wilson has been pretty successful. 

Without Philip rivers the Chargers would be the Browns. He has carried that team as much as anyone 

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Without Philip rivers the Chargers would be the Browns. He has carried that team as much as anyone 

I agree to a point. But to say that there "won't be much left" after Brady, Ben, and Rivers retire is hyperbole, putting it nicely.

Your original comment that I responded to:

"There is a lack of great qbs in the NFL...the few we have unfortunately don’t have supporting casts. When Tom and Ben and Philip are gone we won’t have much left....the game has been changed so much to focus on qb play and it will suffer when that qb play goes....it’s awful to watch honestly"

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree to a point. But to say that there "won't be much left" after Brady, Ben, and Rivers retire is hyperbole, putting it nicely.

Your original comment that I responded to:

"There is a lack of great qbs in the NFL...the few we have unfortunately don’t have supporting casts. When Tom and Ben and Philip are gone we won’t have much left....the game has been changed so much to focus on qb play and it will suffer when that qb play goes....it’s awful to watch honestly"

Maybe some will step up but I would say outside of Rodgers I don’t see that next Manning, Brees, Brady, Ben, Philip. I don’t see the qb that consistently week in and out carries his team and puts up amazing performances. Some good young talent but none are consistent. Stanford hasn’t been over his career...Luck is up and down and hurt a lot..Cam isn’t consistent throwing, Goff and wentz way too soon to say...just look at Carr...he looks like an MVP one year then looks like his brother the next. The only I’ve seen do it at a high level consistently week in and out year after year is Aaron Rodgers. I hope your right though. However I think we will see more playoff games like this one and qb performances like this one in the future than brilliant qb play.

5 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

Brady could play 10 more years and not be as bad as probably 8 of the other 11 QB's in this year's playoffs. That is one of the worst football games I've ever seen.

Easily the worst NFL playoff game....and played in good weather and conditions

Just bad ball playing...87 yards passing

Edited by oldunclemark